Any Ninjas Making Their Own Music?

Musician? Get your groove on...Share your original sounds, collaborate, hear the beat of Ninja made by Ninjas...
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Re: Any Ninjas Making Their Own Music?

Postby ghostdogg » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:33 am

ink wrote:thatd be great..

/ponders

Ink!!111!!!!!!1!!! /horus

I'm pondering too... NVR, anyone??
ghostdogg

Re: Re:

Postby ghostdogg » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:38 am

Corgimom wrote:
cerrodepedro wrote:
Corgimom wrote:I have been playing at play an autoharp for the past few years.

Of course you have <3 :D

I used to play violin, guitar, mandolin, and double bass but age plus accidents have both played a toll on left hand dexterity and strength. Truth is I am more of a singer than instrumentalist at this point. A few glasses of red and I will find myself blasting out songs.

I spent the psychedelic 70's doing a folk duo with a highly gifted auto harpist. I remember sitting smoking while he worked to build heirloom quality instruments on our kitchen table. We usually went to gigs with 1/2 a dozen auto harps 3 mics and an amp. We'd make it through 1/2 a set before he had to switch harps because of getting played hard. We'd get to venues at least an hour early to let the harps acclimate to the room then tweek the tuning with a tuning fork and a pitch pipe. We booked as Lady Beth and Capt Zap. Mike looked like the guy on the zig zag pack.

About 5 years ago I bought an old shit autoharp and started to play in part to restore strength and flexibility after a hand accident. It is very joyful but I do get frustrated with the constant re-tuning. I can noodle for hours. I am certainly better than the old grammar school music teachers but I am no where near pro.

I was taught to do the same with the guitar - arrive an hour early and set your instrumental as close to where you'll be performing so it can get used to the temp and humidity. You don't want to end up tuning in the spotlight!! :)

That's sad about your hand but if you put that struggle in your voice, I'd definitely want to hear that! Music is meant to be shared /ankh /music
ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:40 am

ghostdogg wrote:
BigMush wrote:Any ninjas out there that makes their own music?
This is awesome man! /peace kept me wanting more...

...and that's how you spam the shit out of a thread! chyea, all the way to the next page... /ninjablack
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:32 pm

ghostdogg wrote:

I was taught to do the same with the guitar - arrive an hour early and set your instrumental as close to where you'll be performing so it can get used to the temp and humidity. You don't want to end up tuning in the spotlight!! :)

That's sad about your hand but if you put that struggle in your voice, I'd definitely want to hear that! Music is meant to be shared /ankh /music

The extra 1/2 hour was tuning 36 strings instead of 6 lol.

It happens with age. Even Joe Cocker says he can no longer play. At least it lead me full circle to the autoharp.

I will record and sing for you all one day but in the meantime I think this- a little classicalish award wining song expresses how I feel about the autoharp.http://www.daigleharp.com/Music/36%20Strings%20(v2).mp3

Ps I do not sing like her.
Image Image
est 1953

ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:42 pm

Corgimom wrote:
ghostdogg wrote:

The extra 1/2 hour was tuning 36 strings instead of 6 lol.

It happens with age. Even Joe Cocker says he can no longer play. At least it lead me full circle to the autoharp.

I will record and sing for you all one day but in the meantime I think this- a little classicalish award wining song expresses how I feel about the autoharp.http://www.daigleharp.com/Music/36%20Strings%20(v2).mp3

Ps I do not sing like her.

wicked /tup
Charmosa
God

Postby Charmosa » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:55 pm

sup, Charmosa? I do make my own music but haven't done anything in a while... at first, I was just going through some heavy stuff and then a lot of time passed and my hardware was out-of-date. I guess I just went back to my guitar and physical instruments. I just bought a new machine and am currently in-progress of copying over 50GBs of data over. After that, I think I'll start getting back into it again.

I dig your avatar btw - evolventa ftmfw!!!

I also didn't know multi quote was a thing, which is why I felt like spamalam replying to everyone separately. When you copy the data over I'd love to listen to it. New stuff too, of course.

And yes, the avatar is sentimental to me. I spent ages on spirasolaris.ca with my best friend doing a calculus project on it. We would both fire up the AIM and message back and forth our understanding of it. Eventually we got it, at around 5am, and by 8 we were in front of the class, manic in our sleep deprivation and excitement for understanding this thing. We forgot, of course. If anyone would ask us now, what is spira solaris? We would just smile knowingly and say, "it's the universe, man."
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:46 pm

/music ghostdogg, wow man.. welcome back! its been a loong time. love to hear some of the new tunes, if you still get down..
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:27 am

Charmosa wrote:
sup, Charmosa? I do make my own music but haven't done anything in a while... at first, I was just going through some heavy stuff and then a lot of time passed and my hardware was out-of-date. I guess I just went back to my guitar and physical instruments. I just bought a new machine and am currently in-progress of copying over 50GBs of data over. After that, I think I'll start getting back into it again.

I dig your avatar btw - evolventa ftmfw!!!

I also didn't know multi quote was a thing, which is why I felt like spamalam replying to everyone separately. When you copy the data over I'd love to listen to it. New stuff too, of course.

And yes, the avatar is sentimental to me. I spent ages on spirasolaris.ca with my best friend doing a calculus project on it. We would both fire up the AIM and message back and forth our understanding of it. Eventually we got it, at around 5am, and by 8 we were in front of the class, manic in our sleep deprivation and excitement for understanding this thing. We forgot, of course. If anyone would ask us now, what is spira solaris? We would just smile knowingly and say, "it's the universe, man."

haha definitely... from my limited understanding, you can calculate it by using the golden ratio - so you draw a square, then a rectangle using one side the length of the square, the other that same length multiplied by golden ratio (~1.618) and repeat. When you connect all the dots, that's what it makes... also, in terms of space/universe... if you're driving your spaceship near a planet and do not have enough speed (or stay a safe distance away), you will make a simple parabola (flying in close and then shooting back out) BUT if you increase your speed or fly too close to the planet, you end up making the "spira solaris" as you land on the planet! So much win... /reading

as you said, "it's the universe, man" :) gotta love it.
ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:34 am

ink wrote:/music ghostdogg, wow man.. welcome back! its been a loong time. love to hear some of the new tunes, if you still get down..

thanks Ink! too-long...

tbh, i haven't done anything in a while but after registering here, I started to touch keyz again... here's a little something I'm currently working on... i also wrote like 8-bars but once it's done, I'll record and post the whole thing:

***link to shiny new thread:***
http://ninjaevolution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2333

the levels are off but it shows you what i'm working with now.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:40 pm

no link?
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ghostdogg

Postby ghostdogg » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:54 am

ink wrote:no link?

haaa, you're right!1 here's another one for good-measure: