Run The Jewels III

Musician? Get your groove on...Share your original sounds, collaborate, hear the beat of Ninja made by Ninjas...
rc44
ninja with training wheels

Run The Jewels III

Postby rc44 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:03 am

What can I say about the duo of Killer Mike and El -P. Both are unique emcees in their own right and El-P has carved his way in the game doubling as producer. This is the third release by the duo and like the previous two, it delivers with a KO punch. In my opinion they are the best duo in the rap game, if not the best in the rap game right now. The beats are punishing, it's a jolt to the system that hits you like a gut punch. The lyrics are menacing and not in the sex, drugs and money format, but in the delivery of wordplay. It's a reminder that rap is more than just flash, sometimes it's about great story telling, where beats set the tone and lyrics take you on a journey.

It's not backpacker rap, it's not gangster rap, It's something else on its own. El -P's beats fit the pace of the lyrics being delivered and with that comes the full throttle energy. The record tackles politics, poverty, politics and their view of what is happening before us. It's unapologetic in the message and I think that's what they want the listener to hear. I won't call them saviors of hip hop, but it's a breath of fresh air that most rap records simply can't touch.

Full album stream from youtube is below.
http://bit.ly/RTJ3YTStream
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Re: Run The Jewels III

Postby ink » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:33 am

uh oh.. hip hop still got a heartbeat

/ambo
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

moonshine
190 PROOF

Re: Run The Jewels III

Postby moonshine » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:24 am