What's Your Instrument?

Musician? Get your groove on...Share your original sounds, collaborate, hear the beat of Ninja made by Ninjas...
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:42 am

I am a terrible Guitar Player and I love it! Headphones are an important part of my set up.
This is what I'm playing with...

Aria Pro II Les Paul Standard Matsumoku lawsuit-era guitar made in Japan

Not my actual photos...but you get it.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:07 am

Aucustic guitar player in heart, but right now in y apartment i have flutes, a harmonica, a banjo, mandolin, a beautifully offtuned piano (sounds wonderful) and a chromatic accordion. If you can play one, you can play them all :D

With some training ofc, just alot easier. Its alll in the sound waves <3

I have 4 dead acustic guitars and two violins on the wall too, but they are ded. I call my wall of death "Kyrkogården" (Graveyard)

Music ninjaaas!
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:15 am

Nice! I would love to be surrounded by as many musical instruments as possible. Especially drums.

I have an acoustic that only stays in tune for about 10 minutes, so now it is basically a decoration. I procured a keyboard not to long ago for learning to read music mostly. (I used to play Trombone and knew the Bass Clef) I haven't really been consistent with my self education. Next on the agenda is getting rid of the need for tabs. A long term goal...but I genuinely love playing.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:38 am

I never got the hang of drums :/ Mea culpa.

Trombone, huh? Cool, in a band or just learning solo?

"I have an acoustic that only stays in tune for about 10 minutes,"
How old are those strings? o_O If i were you, id toss on a set of new ones. After all, acustic guitars are like teddybears. They need huggsies.
**Awesome Singnature**

Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:53 am

Guitar all the way. I love to play as loud as hell, especially when I'm outside. At the moment I have a really shitty amp so can't get the decibels I want! I'm separated from most of my guitars at the moment (boo-hoo) but have my Les Paul and a Washburn acoustic out here with me.

I've been practicing the drums quite a lot recently as well as getting back into piano playing. I've just sorted out a new band/group to play with so I'm looking forward to getting used to playing with others again.

anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:54 pm

BigMush wrote: Trombone, huh? Cool, in a band or just learning solo?

How old are those strings? o_O If i were you, id toss on a set of new ones. After all, acoustic guitars are like teddybears. They need huggsies.

Trombone was a jazz band thing at school. I dropped it to do drama, poetry, short story writing (etc) because I wanted to be well rounded in my knowledge development for all the arts.

My Acoustic is definitely warped but I got it that way. It was a freebie. If you tune after every song it's okay-ish.

Brewtality wrote: I've been practicing the drums quite a lot recently as well as getting back into piano playing. I've just sorted out a new band/group to play with so I'm looking forward to getting used to playing with others again.

Nice! You should share at some point.
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:48 am

I usually strum along on this style of Jasmine from Tamakine. It was my dad's brother's guitar, but he passed away so he passed it on to my dad who gave it to me. It's an acoustic-electric and plays pretty nice. I tend to just play by strumming my thumb along the strings rather than using a pick. I have always found it more comfortable, and I like the sound on the acoustic. Very mellow.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Ganji
Infinite Yields

Postby Ganji » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:46 am

Mainly do Tracker music with ReNoise (www.renoise.com), have midikeyboard and mididrums. Haven't played for a while, but have two guitars, acoustic Ibanez named Anni :) , and my baby, Jackson RR-1 professional with Line6 pod:
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:46 am

That's a mean looking guitar right there!!!!

RIGHT! With all these musicians here, I want to hear some of your music!

cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:51 pm

Whooooo I suck unkempt balls at alto saxophone and suck less unkempt balls at clarinet. Squidword, if you will. Am working on getting the embouchure back in shape to cover some fun things.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:59 pm

piano a very long time ago

//sad

i wish i still played. one day.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:24 pm

Nice. Love the guitar pics. I absolutely admire anyone who plays an instrument that you don't find in a traditional band (Guitar, bass, keys, drums). Violin makes the most beautiful sounds which somehow mimics emotions so definitively. A subjective statement I suppose but I'll listen to anything. Saxophone to spoons...my ears are eager.
DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:49 am

Everybody plays guitar :p Me too...

I currently have: 2 Electric guitars, an electric bass guitar (sweet Fender bass amp that lights up an shit), a djembe, an accordian, a harmonica and a couple of Tibetan Singing Bowls. More to come hopefully lol.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:02 am

I have a few autoharps- even one of those black and gold antiques from the 20's or 30's. This is the only new autoharp i ever bought

Still tweeking with action to silence all clatter but she holds her tuning better than the old ones. I think it is an ideal rock instrument for a picker who has had hand injuries.

Luminaries no less than Joplin, Joni Mitchel, John Sebastian played the little friendly instrument to say nothing of the many, many, many bluegrass and country legends.

Most can remember early school days when whoever came in to teach songs had one but those sounds were no more playing than most music teachers banging on a piano. Not great autoharp but great Janis Joplin - So Sad To Be Alone

https://youtu.be/XuEsNMmIDT0?t=47s
Image Image
est 1953

Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:18 am

I just play guitar. This guitar, specifically. My dad gifted it to me after he got it willed to him by his brother who passed away. I absolutely love the guitar, it sounds wonderful, to me at least.
ImageImage
ImageImage
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:52 am

Love that nook at the body <3 makes for fun jamming
**Awesome Singnature**

Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:07 am

Oh, was this merged into another topic or was I just drunk and didn't notice I had already posted?

Or maybe it's so nice I had to post it twice! xD Either way, man it's a pleasure to strum on. Only complaint is that the original Nut at the top of the neck had some pretty shallow grooves in it, but my awesome dad had some files specifically designed to deepen them, so he shaved them down a little and it plays soooo much easier now. Much less painful to play without a capo. xD
ImageImage
ImageImage
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:19 pm

My instrument is my voice and words! I am the best rapper alive :D
<3
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:23 pm

That is a totally valid instrument. Just ask Adele :D

cerebro7
grasshopper

Postby cerebro7 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:04 am

saxophone. in the future. hopefully..
p.e.a.c.e. to man woman and child
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:19 am

BigMush wrote:Aucustic guitar player in heart, but right now in y apartment i have flutes, a harmonica, a banjo, mandolin, a beautifully offtuned piano (sounds wonderful) and a chromatic accordion. If you can play one, you can play them all :D

With some training ofc, just alot easier. Its alll in the sound waves <3

I have 4 dead acustic guitars and two violins on the wall too, but they are ded. I call my wall of death "Kyrkogården" (Graveyard)

Music ninjaaas!

Man, that's fucking incredible! DJ Darkside and everyone else on multi instruments, Jesus, if only we can have a Ninja Jam Session or something! You guys are incredible, learning all those!

I played the drums for 8 years in middle and high school. I was never good, just average at best cause I never wanted to practice.

Ha! Ninja jam session on skype! The sound quality would probably make it sound like avant garde with that variety of instruments. The thought is quite amazing tho. If you guys play on YouTube or Twitch, I'd love to check it out.
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:21 am

Fun. I have played a bunch of wind instruments (my best friends dad was a music instructor/music store owner). By play I mean blew air into them and laughed at all the squeaking. No actual learning was involved.
ravenrussell
Keeper of Dark Mysteries..

Postby ravenrussell » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:05 am

My vocal cords are the source of my chords of discord. [img=FluxBB bbcode test]https://z-1-scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13124944_10154063270254774_5704882045393917301_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=dca4fa2b04537138b7539d26141d1826&oe=57B4F92B[/img]
Peace to all.
-Raven
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:37 am

Corgimom wrote:I have a few autoharps- even one of those black and gold antiques from the 20's or 30's. This is the only new autoharp i ever bought
http://i64.tinypic.com/2dgl6c2.jpg

Still tweeking with action to silence all clatter but she holds her tuning better than the old ones. I think it is an ideal rock instrument for a picker who has had hand injuries.

Luminaries no less than Joplin, Joni Mitchel, John Sebastian played the little friendly instrument to say nothing of the many, many, many bluegrass and country legends.

You should DEFINITELY check out the album 'Let England Shake' by the legendary PJ Harvey. She plays autoharp on that album and it's incredible. Absolutely incredible.

https://youtu.be/sphcVmM99QA

https://youtu.be/W5Mk8jysH6Q

anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:28 pm

:o Ahhh - Vocal cords.

PJ Harvey: Haven't listened to her in a long while. I don't remember those songs at all. The second video isn't available in my country. :(

Return to “Music”