Follow This, Not That -->

Musician? Get your groove on...Share your original sounds, collaborate, hear the beat of Ninja made by Ninjas...
horrificmedium
the unproven

Postby horrificmedium » Sun May 01, 2016 9:37 pm

Word ups... Thought I should create a thread of actual cool folks in music to follow on Twitter and the like - because they actually impart wisdom, are muthafucking prophets and the like - and help me get over shit when I'm triggered.

So here we go. Click the names for autofollow:

Twitter
Chuck D
Kinda obvious, that one of Hip Hop's grandees would be someone to really get into, but I've noticed his insightful/inciteful postings more and more over the past few months on Twitter, as I slowly ease myself back onto the platform. Unlike Drake, who just pumps out piss poor memes and pictures of himself 'working out' (spoiler: his routine is drek), the former Public Enemy is a trove of great inspiration towards cultural empowerment.

Shay D
UK Femcee - this lass is involved in everything. No, literally, EVERYTHING. Pretty much anything London, and Hip Hop, Shay has a hand in, at some point. She knows everyone, is a powerful performer and is literally a high and bright spirit with lots of uplifting things to say and share.

Changelog
5/1/16: Gonna add more. Got distracted fighting with people on godamn twitter
====
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

[img=Clown Town by Mau Mau for THTC]http://i65.tinypic.com/20qfl1v.jpg[/img]
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed May 11, 2016 3:32 am

bump
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Wed May 11, 2016 3:35 am

Oh hey I think it's time for me to learn something. I love Maria Bamford but it will be nice to have frequent Twitter push notifications aside from hers.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed May 11, 2016 4:28 am

Interesting.. interesting how many design tweets with only 140 characters. You almost have to abstract thoughts, so im sure its mad easy to fall into the ignorance. i hold a small measure of hope for the prophets and the profound, although i dont twitterface any... regardless, thanks for the insight, you could save a few with this Ash
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed May 11, 2016 5:21 am

Great share. no joke, ive either fallen so out of touch with music that i just like whats in my little box so much that ive forgot how to build on it, or i just dont value change enough to do it for myself until I get good recommends from others much, much more expansive libraries. I swear Ive forgot how to look for music and artists im not familiar with but are on top of their game.

Im always blown away by some friends recommends to me. im going to check these out, thanks!
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Wed May 11, 2016 6:54 am

Does anyone twitter?
Image Image
est 1953

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed May 11, 2016 8:53 am

:lol: maybe a few..
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Wed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm

I want people to confess LOL
Image Image
est 1953

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Re: Follow This, Not That -->

Postby Rivoc » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:18 pm

I tweet a bit. I moreso follow than i do tweet myself. Lots of comedy gold if you follow the right fucked up people.

on a side note, I went to a Phish concert for the first time, never hearing their music before. I really had a great time! Ive never seen a crowd so into a concert as a whole before. Apparently, youre supposed to throw glow-sticks too, so the thought of some guy jamming out then getting hit in the back of the head with a glowstick had me smiling ear to ear. thats the funny goofy shit that hits my funnybone hard! Not to mention EVERYONE was drunk or on something of some sort. I really liked the vibe of the whole place.

So much so, when i go home for Christmas break im going to see them in NYC atr madison square garden with some friends. Ive never been to that venue before and its something to look forward to on my trip home.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Re: Follow This, Not That -->

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:41 am

i tweet but mostly for business...promoting stuff i have for sale, so no politics and nothing personal with a few very rare exceptions. i tend to follow actors/actresses that relate to the stuff i sell, too. i cater to certain fandoms so it's good for me to stay up on entertainment news and whatnot. but for the most part i hate social media in general and mostly just use it as a marketing tool.

Return to “Music”