Game Recomendations

Videogames, Tabletops, LARP - you do it, we'll talk about it.
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:15 am

Postby Azealdread » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:19 pm

Post some info about a game you love and let people know about it!

Starbound

[spoiler]"Starbound is an extraterrestrial sandbox adventure game in which you take on the role of a character who's just fled from their home planet, only to find themselves lost in space with a damaged ship. Their only option is to beam down to the planet below and begin gathering the resources they need to repair their ship and set off to explore the vast, infinite universe…"

Wiki
http://starbound.gamepedia.com/Starbound_Wiki



Preview videos
Colony update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWekJ54_Xgs

Combat update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waZGJjJLFps

Fan Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMJE9ZHIqQ

Purchase link
http://store.steampowered.com/app/211820/ 14.99[/spoiler]
Image
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Sun May 01, 2016 5:24 am

Blade Dash on IOS. Aka Flappy Dash.

It's arcade style runner. You can jump, double jump, and stab. Enemies keep coming at you in waves of 10. After 10, a new enemy type can come out or "Unlock", and you never know what's coming because it can be anything unlocked. Your goal is to kill/clear as many enemies as you can without dying. You have 3 hit points to start. You can get more every 4 or 5 cleared waves.

The game is all about reflexes and knowing how to kill each specific enemy. It's a blast! Way more fun than it sounds. Quick and casual too, which I enjoy.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Rwn
Missing In Action...
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:57 am
Location: Seattle

Postby Rwn » Sun May 01, 2016 7:14 am

E. V. O. For the snes
Image
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Sun May 01, 2016 9:00 am

^What kind of game is it?
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted
Posts: 177
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:15 am

Postby Azealdread » Mon May 02, 2016 2:48 am

From the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E.V.O.:_Search_for_Eden

[spoiler]
"E.V.O. is a side-scrolling platformer action game where players must navigate a creature of their own design across a number of environments resembling Earth's past.[1] The game is divided into five distinct geological periods: the Cambrian Period and the Ordovician Period of the Paleozoic Era ("The World Before Land") from 500 million years ago to 450 million years ago, then the Carboniferous period ("Early Creatures of Land"), the Mesozoic Era ("Age of Dinosaurs"), the late Neogene period ("Ice Age"), and finally the early Quaternary period ("Early Man"). Each period has its own map screen, which is divided into various levels.[2] While each era takes historical liberties with both its inhabitants and time frames, the player's choices for evolution are dependent on the current era of play, ranging from aquatic bodies during the Age of Fish to mammalian physiology during the Age of Man.[3] During the first two eras you are forced to gain a new body to progress, but once you reach the Age of Dinosaurs, a side quest will give you the option to remain as a reptile, or become a bird, gaining the ability of flight. As you enter the Ice Age as a bird or reptile, you are immediately given the option to become a mammal. You can finish the game as a reptile, bird, or mammal and the outcome is still the same, only the interaction dialogue is affected by your choices.

As the player progresses through each level, other organisms are encountered who must be confronted by biting, ramming them with horns, or jumping on them until they are defeated. Defeated enemies leave behind meat which the player can consume to grant them "evolution points" used towards upgrading specific body parts.[4] The body of the character controlled by the player is divided into eight sections which can be upgraded by spending evolution points, making them stronger as well as changing their appearance. New abilities such as tail swings, greater jumping ability and increased movement speed can also be obtained through evolution.[3]

During gameplay, the player will also encounter crystals that either display hints and tips, grant large amounts of Evolution Points or transform their character into a unique body for a limited time.[5] As the player takes damage from enemy creatures, one may restore health at any time by either consuming the meat of their foes, eating nearby plant life, or by undergoing selective evolution. At the end of each level, the player must face a stronger boss character in order to progress, requiring much more effort to defeat than a typical foe. There is no game over mechanism, if the player's character loses all their health points the player is revived by Gaia and sent back to the game's map screen with a deduction of roughly half of their Evolution Points.[6] The game utilizes a built-in battery backup save system for storing game data. The player may record progress directly to the cartridge to be continued at another time, and store up to fifty previously created creatures using the game's built-in "Book of Life" feature.[6] Creatures stored in this index have the option to be recalled at any time when the player encounters special crystals during the quest."[/spoiler]
Image
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Mon May 02, 2016 3:20 am

That sounds really interesting! I'll try it on my emulator this week. I've never heard of it.

My other recommends are Pinball FX 2, if you're into casual games. (Pinball + power ups + quests/mission events + boss fights) X MULTIPKE FRANCHISES = genius glory tine had by all.

Super Puzzle Fighter 2: Turbo - Think of Tetris and Puyo puyo (or Dr. Robotniks Mean Bean Machine) and Dr. Mario. Gems of 4 colors drop on your half of the screen. Arrange them so that the colors of the same type form squares or rectangles i.e., 2x2, 3x3, 3x5 rows of all the same color. Corresponding color orbs drop down that smash these gems and send them to the other side in the form of a color counter block. Bonus counters sent based on the rows/how big the squares/rectangles of that color gem you smashed. Color counters have a number in a color on them. You can only destroy counters by destroying gens that touch them. When the counter hits 0 (goes down by 1 every time you land a gem in your okay area) it turns in to that color gem. This fane is a ton of fun and I can't get enough of it.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Rwn
Missing In Action...
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:57 am
Location: Seattle

Postby Rwn » Tue May 03, 2016 2:16 am

It's actually a really good game. I want someone to make something else like it. Been to damn long.

Another game I would suggest checking out is evoland or evoland 2

Link http://bfy.tw/5ZJO
Image
User avatar
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious
Posts: 1765
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:48 pm
Location: Right Here
Contact:

Postby Feydakin » Tue May 03, 2016 3:44 am

Deus Ex; It's so good I made it a thread... bow your heads mortals! ;)
http://ninjaevolution.net/forums/viewtopic.php?id=810
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Rwn
Missing In Action...
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:57 am
Location: Seattle

Postby Rwn » Tue May 03, 2016 8:10 am

Deus ex is pretty damn great.

How about neopets? Lol


OK seriously though I'd highly recommend checking out bastion
Image
User avatar
moonshine
190 PROOF
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Tallaght
Contact:

Postby moonshine » Tue May 03, 2016 6:28 pm

FTL: Faster Than Light is a great game
Brothers is a little old but a great one
Transistor fantastic little game
ImageImage
User avatar
moonshine
190 PROOF
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:21 pm
Location: Tallaght
Contact:

Re: Game Recomendations

Postby moonshine » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:23 pm

Titanfall 2 Great single player, Amazing multiplayer on sale now. Best FPS in years.
ImageImage
User avatar
Brewtality
novice ninja
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Tanzania, East Africa

Re: Game Recomendations

Postby Brewtality » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm

FTL is great but it's DIFFICULT! I spent so much time on that game yet I simply couldn't beat that final boss. Any tips would be most welcome!
Image

Image
User avatar
Mr. 26
:-|
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:18 pm
Location: Earf

Re: Game Recomendations

Postby Mr. 26 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:23 pm

Metal Gear Solid...

Really any of the series are fantastic. I just lost a few weeks of my life playing the Phantom Pain. Engrossing. The first one for PSX remains my favorite followed by Snake Eater
User avatar
SkeliFish
Pixel Magician
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun May 08, 2016 2:30 am
Location: Bellingham WA
Contact:

Re: Game Recomendations

Postby SkeliFish » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 am

Brewtality wrote:FTL is great but it's DIFFICULT! I spent so much time on that game yet I simply couldn't beat that final boss. Any tips would be most welcome!

I love FTL. I've beaten it a few times, but only on easy. You want to start by focusing on upgrading your shields and worry about firepower once you have 3 shields. On easy you get more scrap so you want to visit as many nodes on the map as possible before jumping to the next sector. From there it's a min/max game for scrap and of course the actual gameplay. In the game, focusing enemy shield and weapon systems is what I usually do and if they try to escape, shoot the engine or pilot. The final boss is really tough and has three stages. I've died more times than I care to count on the third stage because I didn't prepare quite well enough. The game also has a killer soundtrack.

I'm a big fan of roguelikes and FTL is one of the best. There's also Spelunky, The Binding of Isaac, Risk of Rain, and Crypt of the Necrodancer to name a few of my favorites.
Image
User avatar
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.
Posts: 433
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Re: Game Recomendations

Postby ghostdogg » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:03 pm

Ark and Dying Light. If only I had more time...
User avatar
Brewtality
novice ninja
Posts: 412
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:09 pm
Location: Tanzania, East Africa

Re: Game Recomendations

Postby Brewtality » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:05 pm

SkeliFish wrote:
Brewtality wrote:FTL is great but it's DIFFICULT! I spent so much time on that game yet I simply couldn't beat that final boss. Any tips would be most welcome!

I love FTL. I've beaten it a few times, but only on easy. You want to start by focusing on upgrading your shields and worry about firepower once you have 3 shields. On easy you get more scrap so you want to visit as many nodes on the map as possible before jumping to the next sector. From there it's a min/max game for scrap and of course the actual gameplay. In the game, focusing enemy shield and weapon systems is what I usually do and if they try to escape, shoot the engine or pilot. The final boss is really tough and has three stages. I've died more times than I care to count on the third stage because I didn't prepare quite well enough. The game also has a killer soundtrack.

I'm a big fan of roguelikes and FTL is one of the best. There's also Spelunky, The Binding of Isaac, Risk of Rain, and Crypt of the Necrodancer to name a few of my favorites.


Much appreciated! I'll have another go at it once I find some time for myself!
Image

Image
User avatar
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious
Posts: 1765
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:48 pm
Location: Right Here
Contact:

Re: Game Recomendations

Postby Feydakin » Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Brewtality wrote:
SkeliFish wrote:
Brewtality wrote:FTL is great but it's DIFFICULT! I spent so much time on that game yet I simply couldn't beat that final boss. Any tips would be most welcome!

I love FTL. I've beaten it a few times, but only on easy. You want to start by focusing on upgrading your shields and worry about firepower once you have 3 shields. On easy you get more scrap so you want to visit as many nodes on the map as possible before jumping to the next sector. From there it's a min/max game for scrap and of course the actual gameplay. In the game, focusing enemy shield and weapon systems is what I usually do and if they try to escape, shoot the engine or pilot. The final boss is really tough and has three stages. I've died more times than I care to count on the third stage because I didn't prepare quite well enough. The game also has a killer soundtrack.

I'm a big fan of roguelikes and FTL is one of the best. There's also Spelunky, The Binding of Isaac, Risk of Rain, and Crypt of the Necrodancer to name a few of my favorites.


Much appreciated! I'll have another go at it once I find some time for myself!


Yep, those are all great games in the rogue-like genre... and I'm in the same boat, lots of love, zero time. I actually own all of those listed but haven't played more than 10 hours of any of them. /smart
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage

Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests