Red Dead Redemption 2

Videogames, Tabletops, LARP - you do it, we'll talk about it.
SkeliFish
Pixel Magician

Red Dead Redemption 2

Postby SkeliFish » Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:06 pm

Rockstar Newswire wrote:Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Very excited for this. RDR is one of my all time favorite games and when Rockstar posted two teaser images the last couple days I was certain this was what they were leading up to. I'm a little disappointed that the title of the game just adds a 2 to the original game's title, but that's really not important. It does feel a little weird since this is rumored to be a prequel and the image above lends credence to that rumor, but again not super important.

As for the game, we'll find out more on thursday when the trailer hits, but today's image gives a lot of clues as to what the game might be about. I am pretty sure that it will be a prequel that follows the original Dutch's Gang and their exploits throughout West Elizabeth. The central figure in the image certainly looks like John Marston and the man to his right looks very much like Bill Williamson (the jacket and hat he's wearing are almost identical to those he wears in RDR). Go play RDR if you haven't and you'll understand why this has to be a prequel. As for the only other confirmed members of Dutch's Gang at that time, there's Dutch himself (who could be the man on the left of the central figure), Javier Escuella (who actually doesn't appear to be in this image based on his outfit from RDR), and Abigail Marston (who again isn't in this image).

Suffice it to say I am super excited and can't wait for thursday much less a whole year for the game to come out.
moonshine
190 PROOF

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Postby moonshine » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:12 pm

No word on a PC release which is irksome so I'll just keep my playstation so. Cant effing wait man! I hope it don't get the obligatory rockstar delay.
ImageImage
SkeliFish
Pixel Magician

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2

Postby SkeliFish » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:33 am

The lack of PC is not that uncommon for Rockstar especially considering the original Red Dead Redemption still isn't on PC. That said, they did bring GTA V to PC about a year after it came out on consoles and I hope that they at least do this because there are a lot of people who want it and they will have zero problems making their money back. Also, I heard that there is a partnership with Sony to bring dlc to PS4 first, so that probably has something to do with it too.

So the first teaser trailer dropped today and it's GORGEOUS!!! Do yourself a favor and watch it full screen in 1080p60. As for the content of the trailer, it shows a number of different types of locales from swamps to mountains to prairies and cities. One of my favorite parts of the previous game was the hunting and it appears to be even more fleshed out with (just assuming) an actual ecology between different species in the game and the ability to take larger game (if not all game) home with you on your horse. They show a bunch of different types of transportation that were in the first game and also a CANOE! which hopefully means you wont instantly die if your toes touch water. As for the story, there isn't much to go on here, but there are multiple scenes of what looks like the same man alone (I'm guessing he's the main protagonist) and then at the end we see the group of seven that was teased earlier this week. I have heard people suggest that these 7 might all be playable as Rockstar did in GTA V with the three main characters, but honestly, I kinda hope not, though it would be nice if they still allow you to dual wield pistols like one of the 7 is doing regardless of whether they are all playable. Unfortunately there are no clear shots of anyone's face who is probably part of the main story and as such the rest of this is all speculation. One of the seven in the trailer looks like it could be a woman and while I can't figure out which one she could be in the silhouette image from earlier this week, I think it fits with the theory of this being a prequel game because Abigail Marston was a part of Dutch's Gang (if that is who these 7 are).

There's quite a bit in this trailer, but also not very much at the same time. It's a perfect teaser and with the game hopefully coming out in about a year, I can't wait for more info and hope they don't hype it up a ton only to delay it (though that said I want the game to be as perfect as it can be, so I will wait as long as necessary). So excited /flame

edit: took me forever to figure out how to embed the video XD

Return to “Gaming”