Aklon - an original AD&D universe/world (designed for 2nd ed

Videogames, Tabletops, LARP - you do it, we'll talk about it.
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:51 am

Below are notes, stories, stats, etc. pertaining to a world my friends and I use to play AD&D 2nd edition. Some of the names might be borrowed from random books my friends and I read throughout the years, but its almost completely original. I will continue to update this post from time to time. If anyone cares to comment or add anything, then let me know. If this post is not active, then I will at least have all this information stored in case I ever lose track of ym computer files

So, my first contribution to this thread is the list of gods for Aklon (their alignments are listed too).

Aklonian Gods

Greater

EvenGray- NG - High Magic, The Creator
DeaWild- CG - Love, Lust, Forgiveness
Soulis- LG - Honor, Glory, Order, Loyalty, Guardians
Misticason- TN - Dragonlord, Knowledge
Kaltus- LN - Time, Fate
Dawson- LN - Truth, Law, Justice
Dractus- LE - War, Destruction, Slaughter
Necrot- CE - Death, Decay, Disease
Jangos- NE- Deception, Poison, Treachery

Intermediate

Beryl- NG - Minerals, Curiosity, Kender, Dwarves, Gnomes
Symphony- CG - Woodlands, Nature, Elves
Natrakk- LG - Light, Calm, Comfort
Sylverhand- CN -Rogues, Secrets, Messenger of the Gods
Koth- CN - Fire, Heat
Somnus- TN - Sleep, Rest, Dreams
Nysul- TN - Trade, Wealth
Casus- CN - Luck, Chance, Odds
Fortis- LN - Strength, Willpower, Fortitude
Iridius- TN - Details, Education, Red Magic
Aerys- TN - Air, Weather, Wind, Cyclones
Ravarr- TN - Travel, Journey, Lord of the Deep
Nalfean- CE -Drow, Struggle, Lord of the Night
Felicia- NE - Black Magic, Orphans, The Dark Lady
Norakk- LE - Darkness, Fear, Awe

Lesser, Demi, Half-Gods

Mageknight- NG - White Magic, Son of DeaWild (and Fandoth)
Rasputin- CN - Chaos, Trickery, Lies
Miniroti- NG - Healing, Faith
Drulathan (Mindman)- LN - Mind, Diplomacy, Thought
Pansano- CG - “The Chosen One”
Logan- CE - Redemption, Revenge, Retaliation, Son of Nalfean

Dead, Vanquished

Drad- NE - Evil, Darkness, Despair, Doom
Cycor- CE - Nightmares, Insomnia, Terror
Tyry- NG - Healing, Protection
Fantasia- CE - Corruption, Daughter of Himilay
Himilay- NE - Massacre, Patron of Blue Dragons, Son of Drad

Geography

*Two main continents: Aklon (Eastern continent) and Zynthia (Western Continent)
- Map to be scanned at a later date

Basic Background of Zynthia:

The realms in the land of Zynthia had been dominated by tyrants in the form of massive dragon overlords. Then, the Great Destruction came. The entire world of Aklon was changed by Drad’s evil minions during the destruction. At first the continent in Zynthia welcomed Drad’s arrival because it scared many dragons into leaving their lairs. Throughout all of the overlords, wars, and catastrophic events in Aklonian history, two things remained a fixture in the land of Zynthia. One fixture was the nation of Tyfixi; a nation said to have been founded by the Dragonlord himself, Misticason. The other fixtures were the Knights of Dractus. The knights had formed in Zynthia after the fall of the Blue Army long ago in the archives of Aklonian history. When the dragon overlords ruled the continent, the dark knights hired themselves out as agents of the great red dragon, Ember. Lucky for the knighthood that Ember became the most formidable red dragon in Aklonian history. With Ember’s blessing the knighthood grew in power under the watchful eyes of powerful leaders. Then the Great Destruction tore apart their world too. Ember withdrew her protective minions, and the knighthood’s enemies all launched untimely assaults. For years to come the knighthood would lose it’s hold over Zynthia. Like Tyfixi, the Knights of Dractus would be fighting for survival after the Great Destruction. The only thing that coincided with harsh times for the knighthood, was corruption within the knighthood.

Following the Great Destruction a half-drow woman somehow took over the reigns of power within the knighthood, a woman known only as Fantasia. However, very few loyal knights cried out against her for various reasons. The most important reason being that she brought wealth trickling back into the knighthood’s coffers, and kept the soldier’s paid. In time, the knights learned that she was the mix-bred, dark elven, daughter of the Blue Army’s leader and half-god, Himilay. She quietly took over all aspects of the knighthood within five years. Before long, she had become governor of the knighthood’s capitol state, Darkshore. Fantasia’s success however, was dictated more by cleverness, deceit, and corruption than it was by Honor, glory, and victory in battle. In fact, the only reason the knighthood still held territory was because of two courageous dark knights. One was the legendary Sir Jonstus Blackblade. Before Fantasia had risen to power, many citizens of the realm believed Jonstus would become the Lord of the Blade. The other knight that clung to the glory of the past was a fearsome bull of a man named Sir Hector Matthews. For over a century his family had held lordship in the state of Hectin where he ruled as knight-governor. It was Hector and Jonstus’ knights fighting the battles to keep the knighthood alive. While they fought for their land, Fantasia constructed plans to fill her coffers, and use the knighthood for her own personal gain of power. In the ensuing battles the champion Hector Matthews would die in a final assault on the last of Drad’s minions occupying the area. His brother, Richard Matthews, would take over as governor of Hectin.

The knighthood’s balance of power was off balance because of Fantasia, and her loyalists. Rumors even began that she kept a powerful renegade necromancer as her chief advisor. Richard Matthews did not like Fantasia, but he also did not wish to cross her either. Jonstus Blackblade held a similar view about the situation. Peace began to settle across Zynthia. However, this was only the calm before the storm that the god’s had prepared for the citizens of the western continent of Aklon. Fantasia did not benefit from the slowing of troop movement. Due to less battles being fought, there was more politics to be discussed. Richard Matthews, on the other hand, managed to allow his constituents to prosper within his borders, and even launched a campaign to liberate the knighthood’s ports from the yellow dragon-spawn to their southern borders. Jonstus saw the approaching chaos for what it was, and kept his soldiers ready for action within Darkshore. However, his knights were housed in separate barracks than the loyalists of Fantasia.

It was at this point that Fate ran its course. Richard Matthews had a son that had recently petitioned to become a knight. The son had trained since early boyhood to serve the Lord Dractus to the best of his abilities. Richard had thought nothing about his son’s petition. It was simply tradition for the young man to experience a grand adventure before officially being taken into the knighthood. Richard’s son, Victor Matthews, departed a week after Richard’s knights seized the port of New-Beach, and headed towards the center of Aklonian culture and adventure. Victor headed to the legendary city of Quindra (Eastern continent of Aklon). His mission was simple, and modest in his own mind. He was to rendezvous with the temple of Dractus within Quindra, and exchange information. In essence, all he was doing was delivering a scroll of events occurring across the knighthood’s holdings. However, there was no way for Victor to know that his life was about to change dramatically once he arrived back from his long journey.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:29 pm

Ooooh, Backstory? I've just gotten into playing pathfinder and we're always looking for more worlds to explore/build/steal.

XD <3
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:19 am

Recently updated with more material. More will come bit by bit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:51 pm

Sounds awesome... but what is AD&D?`Dungens and Dragons?
<3
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:51 am

Yah, Dungeon and Dragons. Sorry for the lack of updates lately. I have a lot of papers I am working on and had to put this thread on the back-burner for a bit.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Gaming”