Strangest things you've done in an mmo

Videogames, Tabletops, LARP - you do it, we'll talk about it.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:49 pm

As the title says what is the strongest thing you've done in an mmo?

I remember many many years ago I used to play a game called Asheron's call. I was playing on darktide this was the pvp server. Between me and the guild leader (a crippled woman man she was awesome) decided to make me a girl... So what we wanted to find out was that portraying me as a female just how much better or more difficult life would become for me in the game.

Now Asheron's call was an older mmo and most of the people playing were older as well I think the average age was around 25. You rarely met anyone under the age of 20 playing the game. I was one of those lol.

So what happened? It was amazing people giving me shit left and right I fucking loved it. The respect people had for women in that game was amazing, people would actually listen and help out much more quickly. I honestly faced zero increased hostility or anything.

This was odd but I honestly had a blast doing this. I would hate to try this in today's world
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:40 pm

The strangest thing I've done in an MMO is fall in love. ;)

But seriously, I've done a lot of crazy shit in my quest for achievements and bonding.

Under stormwind....those were the days.....
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:44 pm

Strangest? I guess that would be subjective... ;)

Some people think merely the act of playing an MMO, being immersed in it is in itself a strange thing to do.

I have plenty of anecdotes, but I'll have to think about that one s'more. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:10 pm

I went into a guild with a girl character cause ya know outfits and such are more fleshed out for them, while typical male characters are left behind in that department. Well i ended up being in it for a year with the whole guild thinking i was a girl @_@ i did not know this the whole time until i left the guild and someone finally asked me. LOL

Return to “Gaming”