What's the last game you bought?

Videogames, Tabletops, LARP - you do it, we'll talk about it.
TeaWrecks
ninja with training wheels

Postby TeaWrecks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:47 pm

I just purchased Firewatch on Steam, and it got me wondering what the last game everyone else bought was. Something recent or old?

I'd been waiting for Firewatch for a while since I saw it shown at some of the expos. For as much as I followed it they hadn't really given any information at all about how the story would progress and I've stayed away from any reviews afterwards, so it should be good.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:19 pm

It sounds interesting. I need to buy a new videocard. my comp still runs fine, but the newer games, i keep getting a red matrix sort of thing pop up and the look like red matrix style construction girders that pop out of nowhere. my techy friends say thats when you know you need a new vid card.

anyway, I just bought Dragon's Crown for PS Vita. it plays a lot like Golden Axe, except you level up and find loot to better equip your character, and you can play with up to 4 people, whether they are real people with the game or in game characters you find. Throughout the dungeons you find piles of bones, and each time you find a pile, you can resurrect it at the temple and that person can help you in your party, controlled by a decent AI.

Im having a lot of fun with it. its from a couple years ago.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:28 pm

I'm all about the handheld and mobile games. I think the last game I bought was...Oh god.

Ummmm....I reupped my Wow sub. So probs that?
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:30 pm

AliceElite wrote:I'm all about the handheld and mobile games. I think the last game I bought was...Oh god.

Ummmm....I reupped my Wow sub. So probs that?

alright! another mobile gamer!!!!! I just dipped back into Final Fantasy Record Keeper, and ive been playing this Ghostbusters match 3 game since it released. its SO MUCH BETTER than the marvel one. less buggy, more user friendly, and it has no lag AT ALL!!! im convinced i have the best team possible and exploited the op powers as much as possible. i cant get enough of it.

and im driving the person in charge of the forum for it INSANE!!!!! theres not even a reddit for this fucking game. my roommates are convinced i play it more than anyone else in existence, and they could be right. im obsessed with puzzlers and well done match 3 games.
TeaWrecks

Postby TeaWrecks » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:44 pm

I'd say the last game you bought for YOU, Alice, was probably something like Godus? Or what were the ones that I gifted you on Steam last, Torchlight II?
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:03 pm

I bought The Division... it's the first time I've bought a game on release in forever. It's a pretty standard Ubisoft game. Solid cover-based third person shooter mechanics, really impressive graphically... but I feel like it suffers from being hobbled by the Tom Clancy name. It's a shoot and loot like Borderlands, but without all the cool gear, and they really *can't* go crazy with the gear with the Tom Clancy name tacked onto it. I feel like it's going to hurt the games longevity. My other complaint is that going rogue in the Dark Zone is WAY too punishing, and not worth it at all.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:47 am

Last game i bought was...stardew valley and dangerous elite both amazing and time comsuming games, the first is very alike to harvest moon, and the second is very close to eve online.

@TeaWreck Godus has saddly been a wreck
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:59 am

Godus was good....And I am totally about to buy this early release game Offworld Trading Company and I'm STOKED.

Riv I'm TOTALLY starting a mobile gaming thread. <3 <3
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 am

If you are looking into offworld then you should look into dangerous elite and xrebirth:homeworld
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:14 am

Feydakin wrote:I bought The Division... it's the first time I've bought a game on release in forever. It's a pretty standard Ubisoft game. Solid cover-based third person shooter mechanics, really impressive graphically... but I feel like it suffers from being hobbled by the Tom Clancy name. It's a shoot and loot like Borderlands, but without all the cool gear, and they really *can't* go crazy with the gear with the Tom Clancy name tacked onto it. I feel like it's going to hurt the games longevity. My other complaint is that going rogue in the Dark Zone is WAY too punishing, and not worth it at all.

my roommates are saying the same about it. im not much into console gaming as they are, but theyve been playing this like crazy since launch. there exact words "It's like a not as fun destiny clone that really sucks if you're not playing it with friends."
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:43 am

I think it's better than Destiny in every way EXCEPT for the setting... I play on PC exclusively, and PC gamers don't have access to Destiny. ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
TeaWrecks

Postby TeaWrecks » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:43 am

I've played about 30 minutes of Firewatch and I can already tell it's going to be awesome. It's done a great job investing me in the character I play already, and I can see the room for personal choice in situations and how that could affect the story.
moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:34 pm

I bought Wasteland 2 for the PS4. I love the setting and the character crafting but its turn based combat and I cant stand that also ammo's rare so its hard to level up and i'm always running out of stuff.
I'll trade it in I guess and get dark souls 3.
ImageImage
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:28 pm

Bought Payday 2 GOTY some weeks ago..

5 euro per DLC, ~14 of them, for 2 weps and a map, devs that hate and cheaters, but no vac..

But damn, suuuuuch a wonderful game. Honestly. Be a hitman, burglar, tank or a goat collector, with skill trees, funkload of weapons and modifications and so on. Really well money spent imo, if one can live wiht the fact that the DLC's from hell follows with it.

Havent layed it down yet.
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:14 pm

So I just got the new Fallout 4 DLC. It s a welcome edition to one of my favorite games of last year. While not a great fallout game it is still a great game on its own feet. So far the enemies are tougher, the armor is bulkier, upgrading your new robo buddy is lots of fun, collecting stuff is ramped up and it plays way more smoother than it did at release.
However I got the season pass when it was cheap, 25 euros it has now gone up to 50. They say the last DLC will be the biggest they have ever done and Bethesda dlc has always been substantial. You might want to wait for reviews before popping 50 bucks on the table for this one.
ImageImage
Orea
Viva La Résistance

Postby Orea » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 pm

Got a Xbox One recently, and with it Fallout 4 and the Witcher 3. Absolutely loved the Witcher (I mean, how could you not?). I was less than enthused with Fallout. What's the point of playing the Fallout franchise if you can't be an evil motherfucker? and no, being a sarcastic good guy DOES NOT QUALIFY.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:49 am

Feydakin wrote:I think it's better than Destiny in every way EXCEPT for the setting... I play on PC exclusively, and PC gamers don't have access to Destiny. ;)

I can understand that. this seems like deja vu to me. i think i remember you telling me you play pc exclusive back on old ninja!

on pc i mainly just play whatever my friends from back home and roommates are playing together. tho lately with teaching i havent been gaming too much. 9 more weeks til summer break!
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:43 pm

Rivoc wrote:
Feydakin wrote:I think it's better than Destiny in every way EXCEPT for the setting... I play on PC exclusively, and PC gamers don't have access to Destiny. ;)

I can understand that. this seems like deja vu to me. i think i remember you telling me you play pc exclusive back on old ninja!

on pc i mainly just play whatever my friends from back home and roommates are playing together. tho lately with teaching i havent been gaming too much. 9 more weeks til summer break!

If I spend upwards of five grand on a gaming PC I just can't justify buying a console and playing games on that instead... :D
ImageImage
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:55 pm

Deadpool (PS4) it was for my 11-year-old nephew. He is not old enough yet to buy it, so that is where I come in.

He likes the game and thinks it is funny. He is always having me watch him play it, and offer up suggestions on how to do some stuff. This aunty has not played video games in years.
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Azealdread wrote:If you are looking into offworld then you should look into dangerous elite and xrebirth:homeworld

I definitely will check those out. Just bought OTC and it's good - It'll be nice to see what else they add in EA. You can DEFINITELY tell this guy was invovled in Civ 3/4, like...it's pretty clear. BUT it's still a good game and I plan on sinking a lot of time into it.
scythe08
the unproven

Postby scythe08 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Witcher 3. Everything else I rent from red box. Been a pain in the ads trying to PC game. I don't have internet , except my phone, so I can,never update or even register the damn thing in a lot of cases, so I have been limited to P4
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:05 am

Feydakin wrote:
Rivoc wrote:

If I spend upwards of five grand on a gaming PC I just can't justify buying a console and playing games on that instead... :D

Well, that certainly explains that. It must take over 50 mice to run on the wheel that powers that sucker up.
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:42 am

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

I love it to bits but haven't been able to play it much recently since I've moved into a house which runs on solar and as such can't run a lot of appliances like my TV and PS4 for long. Poor me.

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:09 pm

Rivoc wrote:
Feydakin wrote:
Rivoc wrote:

Well, that certainly explains that. It must take over 50 mice to run on the wheel that powers that sucker up.

I had to upgrade to hamsters! :D
ImageImage
GingGangGhoul
the unproven

Postby GingGangGhoul » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:16 pm

My most recent pickup was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 5 and Dragon Age Inquisition on PS4, also got Dragon Age 2 and GTA4 for PS3 just to flesh out my collecion a little.

Loving Inquisition, it's a pretty decent RPG and Tony Hawk, well I don't really know what to say about that. Nostalgia I guess :P

Return to “Gaming”