What's the last game you bought?

Videogames, Tabletops, LARP - you do it, we'll talk about it.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:12 am

I bought one of the last Humble Bundles, the Humble Capcom Super Turbo HD Remix Rebundle. Had some DMC, newer Resident Evils, Bionic Commando and some others. Also the Humble Staff Picks Bundle: Glen which had some nice strategy games, Brothers: Tale of Two Sons, and some others.

Also bought Overwatch. ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:46 am

I'm debating over watch. I might need that new video card that is leaps and bounds for the price. I think it comes out on the 10th?
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:37 pm

The 1080 is supposed to be out already, but it's only on the Nvidia site I think and they are sold out. The 1070 releases on the 10th. If you already have a 980Ti or better then the 1080 is what you want because the 1070 is outperformed by the 980Ti and higher cards.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:18 pm

I have a 4 year old Acer card. If the difference between the 1070 and 1080 are less than 150, I'll just get the 1080.
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:39 am

I bought Vermintide. Love that game ^^
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:57 pm

Vermintide looks amazing my computer would never run it. Wish I had money for an upgrade.
ImageImage
moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:26 pm

So I got the Blood and Wine expansion for The Witcher 3. Been doing side missions for days now. It truly is a pleasure to romp around this massive new map and all this content. I highly recommend it.
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:57 pm

I really need to finish Witcher 2 before I buy Witcher 3... I'm terrible at finishing games, hence my idiotic Steam library. :P
ImageImage
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:49 am

Does a Pente board count?
Image Image
est 1953

Orea
Viva La Résistance

Postby Orea » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:08 pm

I just got Dragon Age Inquisition. I had played the first, loved it, tried the second and hated it.

This one though... this one I like. For now anyway, we'll see how it goes. And I'm just playing that because I can't put my hand on my copy of the Witcher 3 (amazeballs game, that one). I know I put it somewhere on my shelves, but I have a lot of shelves, and a lot of books on those shelves.

Anyway, see you later, I gotta go save the world.
moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:10 pm

Dragon Age Inquisition came across as a single player mmorpg to me. Some great companions though.
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:15 pm

Anyone else getting sick of games making you pick up herbs and shut off the ground so much??? Fuck, make gathering less annoying, PLEASE!

Got Tropico 5 for free, and started playing Valkyria Chronicles this week. The battles are long, but enjoyable anyone strategy RPG.
Orea
Viva La Résistance

Postby Orea » Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:28 pm

moonshine wrote:Dragon Age Inquisition came across as a single player mmorpg to me. Some great companions though.

At first I didn't really understand your comment. And now I totally see what you meant...

Still a good game though, and I'm glad it makes up for the total shite that was the second one...
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:38 pm

though it was free on xbox live.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Re:

Postby Rivoc » Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:45 am

Feydakin wrote:
Rivoc wrote:
Feydakin wrote:
If I spend upwards of five grand on a gaming PC I just can't justify buying a console and playing games on that instead... :D

Well, that certainly explains that. It must take over 50 mice to run on the wheel that powers that sucker up.

I had to upgrade to hamsters! :D

ROFL!!! I just woke up my roommate laughing at that!!!

Im also going to pretend your computer has an asshole-like trap door where the hamsters can get into, but not out of, for easy installation, much like Lemmiwinks got into Mr. Slaves ass! ROFL!!! Im enjoying this imagery wayyy too much! /sillyface
moonshine
190 PROOF

Re: What's the last game you bought?

Postby moonshine » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:11 pm

I got Neverwinter on PSN for free to play action, still waiting on it to download tho... gonna be hours!
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:30 pm

moonshine wrote:I got Neverwinter on PSN for free to play action, still waiting on it to download tho... gonna be hours!

The combat is pretty snappy for an MMO, but it feels like a closed garden in a lot of ways... I didn't get the open world feel from it enough. Plus it feels like a re-skinned Cryptic game, but that's just a bias from someone who has played a lot of Cryptic games and been very critical of them in the past. Overall I was disappointed because I was wanting a Forgotten Realms MMO for a very long time and it didn't even come close to what I wanted. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not up to my standards for a game like this.
ImageImage
moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:56 pm

Yeah its not great. Just a regular ole MMO.
Star trek Online is coming soon, is that any use Fey?
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:12 pm

moonshine wrote:Yeah its not great. Just a regular ole MMO.
Star trek Online is coming soon, is that any use Fey?

When STO first came out I was very much against it... it was a really crappy game and was again subject to that whole Cryptic cookie-cutter thing that I always harp on. However, over the years since the game has been out they have really improved it a lot. It's still a pretty standard MMO in many ways, but if you're a Star Trek fan I think there will be a lot to like about it. Bearing in mind that it came out several years ago, so it's a little behind the times as far as gameplay. It's free though so the only thing that you lose from trying it is time... ;)
ImageImage
Itsa notame
grasshopper

Postby Itsa notame » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:18 pm

Batman telltale series. Big fan of the telltale series and this one looks to be a good one. I love how they give me a break from shooting shit or racing a car. Relaxing I might even say lol
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:44 pm

Last game was Terraria. Bought it cause a twitch community play night, but man i got stuck. Fun af to take down all of the bosses. No, its not like minecraft, far from it :P
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:50 pm

Paid real money for Star Wars: Dark Forces II - Jedi Knight.

I got it on a warez CD in the late 90's and have loved it ever since and now I've paid real money for it nearly 20 years later. Better late than never, right? Oh, and it's still one of the best games ever. One thing I've noticed about newer games (apart from the Dark Souls series) is that they're just really, really easy. I've been playing a lot of retro games over the past few years and if one thing is true of all of them it's that they are WAY harder than modern games. I dare you to try and complete Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES or Alex the Kid in Miracle World on the Sega Master System or pretty much any game from the early 90s. Before Half-Life came along and made the whole 'not-dying' thing popular, games just haven't been the same. That's not to pass a value judgement. I love games like Goldeneye were if you die, you just start the level again but there's an element of challenge that has been lost these days. If you played a game back in the day, it was usually a one-sitting kind of deal (unless there were passwords) and if you dies 3 times then that's GAME OVER. Imagine forking out $60 for a game these days and not being able to get past the third level!!!!

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:00 am

Want some retro PC games? GoG.com is the bomb... So much amazing, nostalgic fun to be had there. If it's available on PC they have it pretty much. ;)

Just pre-ordered Deus Ex: Mankind Divided... ;)
ImageImage
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:02 am

Street Fighter IV Ultra on Steam
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:49 am

Bought Odin Sphere and Deadpool. played them for about 4 hours each. I wonder why playing a game makes me tired in an hour. its like it sucks out my lifeforce and i get crazy sleepy! Except hearthstone and obscure puzzle games. right before i left for my PA visit i did beat The Wolf Among Us telltale game, and i loved everything about it! Gonna hold off on batman telltale series til all the episodes are available. I just got back into hearthstone after being off it for a full year. I have 2 expansions to buy and play through. i sliced through the league of explorers with my old and outdated, not even legal any more decks. 5 losses, it took me about 90 mins.

I lost to the very first challenge twice, the murloc deck twice, and the guy who steals your deck beat me the first time. My mage secret deck is what i was most proud of. Between that an my old warrior deck, i sliced through most challenges like a hot knife through butter :flex:

I still have to do the class challenges before getting into kharazan. and i have no clue wtf a tavern brawl is, so i have some things to keep me busy before diving into kharazan.

Return to “Gaming”