The Haunting of Doris Blither - The Entity Case

Spirituality. The Paranormal. Theology. Let's delve into the strange, the uplifting, the supernatural with tolerance and open minds...
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:56 pm

One of the most famous hauntings of all time is the 1974 case of Doris Blither, made famous by the 1982 film 'The Entity' starring Barbara Hershey. There were reports of poltergeist activity (objects moving or being thrown on their own), violence from unseen forces (against her and her children), visible apparitions and light manifestations, and even supposed rape. Paranormal investigators were called in and while practically living in the house for a time were able to capture some of the most famous images from a supposed haunting ever caught on film.

The claims of the Blither family remain controversial to this day.

Read the whole story here: http://www.ghosttheory.com/2008/09/21/the-entity-haunting-the-true-story-of-doris-bither

Two images of the manifestations happening as Doris Blither and the investigators watch

Read what happened as told by the original lead investigator Dr. Barry Taft: http://web.archive.org/web/20081215024107/http://www.worldoftheunknown.com/entitycase.html

Read a 2009 interview with Brian Harris, one of Doris Blithe's sons: http://www.ghosttheory.com/2009/05/18/the-entity-interview-with-doris-bithers-son
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:30 am

//bump so i remember to read

creepeh
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Kay
grasshopper

Postby Kay » Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:11 am

"In the simplest terms and contrary to the popular media hype, The Entity case was not, in my opinion, an instance of haunting or discarnate intelligence, but one of extreme RSPK, that is, a poltergeist manifestation.

In this regard, it was apparent from the outset that Doris was a deeply troubled woman whose claims of spectral rape were due in large part to extreme emotional distress coupled with an overactive imagination and libidinous fantasies.

The fact that the phenomena moved with Doris as she moved, first from Culver City to Carson, then to San Bernardino, then all the way to Texas, and then back to San Bernardino, strongly suggests that the phenomena was a direct product of her tortured unconscious mind and not of her environment. In fact, once she moved from her original residence in Culver City at the end of 1974, the house was forevermore free of phenomena.

In an even stranger twist to an already mind-boggling case, while in San Bernardino, Doris claimed that she had gotten pregnant from The Entity. However, medical results were more consistent with an ectoptic or hysterical pregnancy (no fetus). Once again, leaving us scratching our heads for answers. Understandably given the circumstances, Doris believed that the Entity would eventually kill her.

Now back to what we believe to be reality. Lending further support to the poltergeist hypothesis was the fact when Doris moved into her new residence in Carson, the tenants of the houses flanking her immediately began experiencing violent outbreaks of poltergeist activity (even though the neighbors had no knowledge of her identity or experiences as we kept her away from the media), indicating that this phenomenon was perhaps radiant in nature with a proximity effect to it."

This is some really trippy stuff. I can't seem to wrap my mind around it. How one's own mind could cause herself so much physical damage!
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 7:45 pm

the household was filled with negative energy, and the case suggests the kids were being abused in some ways as well. it's definitely one of the more incredible stories...

there is also the idea that negative entities FEED off of the kind of environment that family had surrounded itself in...sadness, anguish, torment, physical abuse...these are like lightning rods for not-so-nice manifestations. so if this is the case, it makes sense to me that Doris and her kids would begin to experience activity in their lives. and really really intense activity to go along with all of the intense emotions that filled that place. scareh stuff.

honestly, when my husband and i have had bad fights...that's when i've sensed the strongest presences in our house as well. O_o
NaranjaRa

Re: The Haunting of Doris Blither The Entity Case

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:32 pm

LetyInfum wrote:It makes you wonder just how much they debunked back in 1958 compared to today...and all the different ways they could fake a haunting. It have to have been so much easier back then to not be able to disprove it.

oh totally! there are so many cases that it would be awesome to be able to revisit with today's technologies and knowledge. i still hold a personal belief that when it comes to claims of the "supernatural" about 95% are false and 5% should be held aside & viewed as totally plausible. :wink:

Return to “The Unexplained”