Remote Viewing

Spirituality. The Paranormal. Theology. Let's delve into the strange, the uplifting, the supernatural with tolerance and open minds...
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:57 pm

From Wiki

Remote viewing (RV) is the practice of seeking impressions about a distant or unseen target using subjective means, in particular, extrasensory perception (ESP) or "sensing with mind". There is no credible scientific evidence that remote viewing works, and the topic of remote viewing is regarded as pseudoscience.

Typically a remote viewer is expected to give information about an object, event, person or location that is hidden from physical view and separated at some distance.[8] The term was coined in the 1970s by physicists Russell Targ and Harold Puthoff, parapsychology researchers at Stanford Research Institute (SRI), to distinguish it from the closely related concept of clairvoyance.

Remote viewing was popularized in the 1990s upon the declassification of certain documents related to the Stargate Project, a $20 million research program that had started in 1975 and was sponsored by the U.S. government, in an attempt to determine any potential military application of psychic phenomena. The program was terminated in 1995 after it failed to produce any useful intelligence information.

More about how the U.S. Military was convinced enough to start their own program...
http://www.victorzammit.com/evidence/Remoteviewing.htm

And it actually has been researched from a scientific standpoint, but traditional science continues to disregard the possibility as it does with most "paranormal" phenomena. It remains a controversy...
http://www.mceagle.com/remote-viewing/refs/
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Apr 24, 2016 4:47 am

I believe in things of that nature. I'm not saying I have anything special, but I sense vibes and believe in the spiritual side of life.

Or I'm a whacko.

Either way, I enjoy things like this. I've seen YouTube videos of people using a glass jar to cover a pencil with s paper "propellor" at the top. The user would then move the propellor by concentrating. You can argue it can be rigged, but I've always believed in the supernatural side of things.

Remote viewing is an interesting concept. I'm dying to know how other Ninjas view these sorts of phenomena.
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:38 am

Wow, fascinating!
<3
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:31 pm

it's such a weird topic because it skirts the line of the classic "psychics" and some kind of OBE or astral projection type of ability. you can move outside of yourself and see anything/anyone you concentrate on.

you can take courses to learn how to do it, apparently.

there are claims of remote viewers helping to solve crimes. but i enjoy the even weirder stuff...

such as the stories of master remote viewers who have done things such as tried to remote-view the Devil. one claims to have seen some type of entirely evil entity that was also aware that it was being watched. i believe his name is Major Ed Dames.

other tales involve remote viewing extra-terrestrial life, and again, there are claims of seeing what can only be described as some kind of alien or extra-dimensional being...definitely not human...

O_o
PinkEye
grasshopper

Re: Remote Viewing

Postby PinkEye » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:18 pm

We used to have the classic TELLY BRICK in my younger days, obviously it were for throwing at the television(mid 1980's) once you'd had enough. And I know for a fact that several times it managed to pass through the television screen by means of fabrication and SMACK workers actors, actresses, anchormen and the like leaving no apparent direction from which the brick appeared to come from? After leaving them severely damaged and confused about how this episode of pseudoscience laid coop to them, and still to this very day the people on that side of the telly are perplexed by the perturberance of the paranormal phenomena that occurred to them those many years ago!
supermondanus!
ImageImage
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Re:

Postby Corgimom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:39 pm

Rivoc wrote:I believe in things of that nature. I'm not saying I have anything special, but I sense vibes and believe in the spiritual side of life.

Or I'm a whacko.

Either way, I enjoy things like this. I've seen YouTube videos of people using a glass jar to cover a pencil with s paper "propellor" at the top. The user would then move the propellor by concentrating. You can argue it can be rigged, but I've always believed in the supernatural side of things.

Remote viewing is an interesting concept. I'm dying to know how other Ninjas view these sorts of phenomena.

1) we are all whacko
2) I used to sell a propeller system for mind over matter but those were aluminum
3)read http://www.collective-evolution.com/201 ... ntentions/
Image Image
est 1953

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Re: Re:

Postby Rivoc » Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:48 pm

Corgimom wrote:
Rivoc wrote:I believe in things of that nature. I'm not saying I have anything special, but I sense vibes and believe in the spiritual side of life.

Or I'm a whacko.

1) we are all whacko
2) I used to sell a propeller system for mind over matter but those were aluminum

That was a GREAT read!! Im out of time to watch the videos, but ill get back to them. I always believed the mind and body had "hidden" energy effecting the real world! I love things like this. I should really get a book on the subject. especially while im still off.
NaranjaRa

Re: Re:

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:16 pm

Rivoc wrote:
Corgimom wrote:

Or I'm a whacko.

1) we are all whacko

That was a GREAT read!! Im out of time to watch the videos, but ill get back to them. I always believed the mind and body had "hidden" energy effecting the real world! I love things like this. I should really get a book on the subject. especially while im still off.

indeed i love to see serious experiments in this realm.

not that it relates specifically to remote viewing, but a really AMAZING book that does a superb job of explaining how all of the phenom categorized as "paranormal" might be explained is this gem: The Holographic Universe. i've had to buy it twice after lending it out so much and not getting it back....lol. i could not recommend it more to anyone fascinated with this subject matter.... :-D
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:11 am

DAMN! I have NO friends, at least in Vegas that are into this stuff. they just dont believe out here. Back in PA a ton of friends I know love conversing about things in this nature. its funny how so many social groups of good people can be so vastly different from each other.
PinkEye
grasshopper

Postby PinkEye » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:21 pm

PinkEye wrote:We used to have the classic TELLY BRICK in my younger days, obviously it were for throwing at the television(mid 1980's) once you'd had enough. And I know for a fact that several times it managed to pass through the television screen by means of fabrication and SMACK workers actors, actresses, anchormen and the like leaving no apparent direction from which the brick appeared to come from? After leaving them severely damaged and confused about how this episode of pseudoscience laid coop to them, and still to this very day the people on that side of the telly are perplexed by the perturberance of the paranormal phenomena that occurred to them those many years ago!

Trouble and ignorance always remain the same? /queen
supermondanus!
ImageImage

Return to “The Unexplained”