The Scole Experiment

Spirituality. The Paranormal. Theology. Let's delve into the strange, the uplifting, the supernatural with tolerance and open minds...
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:01 pm

The Scole Experiment chronicles the extraordinary results of a five-year investigation into life after death. At the beginning of 1993 four psychic researchers embarked on a series of experiments in the Norfolk village of Scole. The subsequent events were so astounding that senior members of the prestigious Society for Psychical Research asked to observe, test and record what took place.

Some of the most incredible paranormal evidence ever captured came out of Scole.

Read more: http://beforeitsnews.com/beyond-science/2013/03/proof-of-life-after-death-the-scole-experiment-and-beyond-2441116.html

Free 2hr documentary about the experiment:

The Afterlife Investigations: The Scole Experiments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qSEi_sfaSU
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Fri May 06, 2016 9:05 am

Not a very good experiment really. Holding it in the house of the people who were claiming to be mediums was a total schoolboy error. Allowing the mediums to provide their own equipment was another one (the box containing the film cannisters for example). Holding the experiment in complete darkness is another schoolboy error.

Basically, it wasn't a scientific experiment but a pseudo-scientific attempt at proving a paranormal phenomena. Those researchers were provided with a second set of films kept in sealed envelopes. Unsurprisingly, nothing happened to them. These things are common with people who claim special powers, be it faith healing, psychic powers, telekenesis or contact with spirits. Whenever they are asked to demonstrate their abilities in a controlled environment, they fail. Because they're not real.

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue May 17, 2016 9:26 pm

i'll have to look into it more, because i guess the info i saw might have been misleading to a degree because i've been going along all this time under the idea that it actually *was* done in the most scientific way they could do it (save a few of the stranger little rules, like only doing the experiment in total darkness), with the films under tightly controlled circumstances, etc. as well as inviting some well-known scientists to look over things from time to time.

i still am on the fence...not going to say i fully believe everything that happened - or these phenom as a whole - and not going to say they're not real, either. i'm sticking to my 95% bullocks, 5% truth theory... ;)

also, im pretty sure there have been a few cases of telekinesis demonstrated on-command...some lady in Russia if i'm remembering correctly? might need a new thread....lol ah, so many topics to delve in to and so little time!

Return to “The Unexplained”