My Theory, Please Experiment

Spirituality. The Paranormal. Theology. Let's delve into the strange, the uplifting, the supernatural with tolerance and open minds...
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:11 am

So, I'm trying to get some work done but I'm too distracted. I figured I'd share this theory of mine with you instead.

I've experimented with my theory at my previous workplace, and it often worked, but the dude I was trying to convince kept claiming that it was all coincidental. Haters is gonna hate.

The Theory:
There is a psychic connection between people that they can easily use to call upon each other if they are in visual proximity. The way this is done is to look at someone who is not engaged in any activity with you, and if you scream their name loud enough in your mind, they will turn and look at you!

The Experiments
I used to experiment with people at work who didn't know anything about what I was doing. It was fairly easy because our offices were exposed to each other. All I had to do when I wanted contact was to look at them from my office, and shout their name over and over again in my mind, and sure enough, they'd turn away from what they were doing and look at me!

There were some times where this didn't work. I still haven't figured out the conditions and limitations of this technique, but I have drafted some rough thoughts around my observations:

1- It works better on certain people. I belive there is such a thing as psychic compatibility between people. You have a better psychic connection with some compared to others. I don't know what this compatibility is based upon. Could be same way of thought, similar brainwave patterns etc.. I don't know. But I have observed that I have a stronger connection to certain individuals when trying out this technique

2- The individual being called upon responds better when they seem to be focused on one thing, as opposed to being busy with going through a thousand things in their mind. You won't connect when their mind is cluttered with thought.

Give it a try! Let me know what you come back with. I haven't tried it on people who are turned a 180 degrees away from me. I need to see parts of their faces... not sure though, it might work well with people who are completely turned in the opposite direction of you.
<3
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:34 am

I know that they did studies showing humans have very specific neurons that only fire when someone is looking directly at us, as opposed to even a few degrees to the left or right. If they could see you even a little, it's entirely possible that their subconscious still picked up on it and those particular neurons fired, alerting their brain that someone was looking at them.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:50 pm

very interesting mak. will come back soon.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:02 pm

There's definitely something to that.

I can feel strangers staring sometimes. When I turn around? Big surprise, they're busted.
I guess it's their *intention* touching me...I can ignore, but I can't just NOT notice it.

Everyone has psychic abilities to some degree!
Spoiler: show
Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:26 pm

:lol: interesting.. im gonna test this theory and report back here to further the research! :D
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:08 pm

i used to play with this when i was in high school.

there is a larger experiment that's ongoing involving the entire planet and major world-events. i need to dig it up and share it because it is along these same lines and the results have so far been uncanny, beyond mere coincidence.

//more to come
DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:00 pm

Interesting exercise in projecting thoughts.... I'll try it out over a couple of weeks and report back here.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:39 pm

any updates??
<3
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:49 pm

I have to test this just a few more times, its kinda freaky..

Neon Samurai
the unproven

Postby Neon Samurai » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:01 am

Do a google scholar search for Gaze Detection Psychology for a few academic articles on this. And if you have access to JSTOR there are a ton more.
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul"--Heraclites
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:54 am

I used to toy with this at work too! Mixed results, but I found it worked better with strangers, almost like you can call out to them. It's interesting. And not 100% success rate, but more often than not.
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:57 am

going to give this a try with some folks. sounds like a fun experiment.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:38 pm

The thing is this has been studied so the point is not to prove anything. I would call it an exercise more than an experiment. Like a chem lab workbook if you see it and feel it you will know it. The point is to allow you the ahh haa experience.
Image Image
est 1953

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:54 am

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:28 am

Oh you should read the russian aura studies based on using Kirlian photography. Came out in the 70's Never accepted in western world.
Image Image
est 1953

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:29 am

Corgimom wrote:Oh you should read the russian aura studies based on using Kirlian photography. Came out in the 70's Never accepted in western world.

studied this in photo history in college. once i saw the actual images, "phantom limb syndrome" made total sense.
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:35 am

Rupert Sheldrake also comes to mind....his studies into what he calls "biomorphic fields"....and his books "7 Experiments That Could Change the World" and "Dogs That Know When Their Owners are Coming Home"
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:30 am

DID You read about the sex and aura studies- how when 2 people have mutual sex their auras merge for up to 3 days? Honest I was a serious playa then one day it clicked the whole aura thing and sharing that with the wrong person was a very bad idea. Put an end to sport fucking for me.
Image Image
est 1953

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:51 am

whoa...3 days? yeesh, yeah, that also makes sense / explains a lot of positive as well as negative "shares" in life. O_o
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:52 pm

Corgimom wrote:DID You read about the sex and aura studies- how when 2 people have mutual sex their auras merge for up to 3 days? Honest I was a serious playa then one day it clicked the whole aura thing and sharing that with the wrong person was a very bad idea. Put an end to sport fucking for me.

gem!

MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:51 am

Neon Samurai wrote:Do a google scholar search for Gaze Detection Psychology for a few academic articles on this. And if you have access to JSTOR there are a ton more.

Will do!
<3
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:57 pm

I dunno why, maybe cuz I'm high, but now I wanna read up on aura studies if you guys know of more studies please lemme know
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Jun 08, 2016 5:52 am

I dont, but i know im going to experiment the hell out of this with the incoming class next year :D

Return to “The Unexplained”