The Takedown Podcast

Feelings, Thoughts, Letters, Art, Music... This is 3.0 Bitches. We've come home.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

The Takedown Podcast

Postby Corgimom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:15 am

Image Image
est 1953

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Re: The Takedown Podcast

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:11 pm

oh man, a history lesson....
//listening

edit: annnd done
man, it really brings me back to that day. i hadn't been on the boards in some time, and my phone rings out of nowhere...Candee on the line with the news. we didn't know much then, but as the facts of what went down that day started to roll in, i was completely aghast. IT WAS SUCH A FUCKING SHOW....rolling up on you like you're the unibomber or some shit...on ALL of you. black SUV's. riot-gear. the ridiculous amount of firepower on display. nothing but pure, unbridled intimidation tactics. they knew there was no need for ANY of that. they literally wanted you to feel like scum somehow...put you in a position of ultimate surrender to The Man. because what you did was smart, and some rich assholes have convinced themselves that because of online sharing, they're somehow now less-rich. while the real - NOT IMAGINED - numbers say otherwise. so sad and unnerving to a hellish degree that in a nutshell that's all it really is about.

Greed.

they literally had to ruin people's lives because they shared a fucking Disney movie.

that's ok. you're back. we're back. Ninja is here. (sun)
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:43 pm

The FBI always does the storm trooper arrest. I was on the phone about 15 years ago with a 60ish yo grandmother when they showed up. She laid the phone down and I recorded the whole thing. Forcing a 65 year old and a 79 year old on the ground like they were thugs. The whole idea is to freak you out with their power.
/flame
Image Image
est 1953

cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:02 pm

"... something that's a little more personal to me at this moment"

"... and if they could, they would pay us less"

Irony/poetic injustice on the anniversary about the raid...

"... when Hollywood reached out to Obama"

Emphasis noted :evilgrin: As you review the scale of the cost of the raid (in place of a takedown notice, which would be the decent thing to do), the fact that fucking public funds paid for this shit is very thoroughly punctuated.

"I'll let that text message--and the ding that it brought--be the exclamation point for this podcast."

Wow. I am not into astrology, but damn, the timing of everything connected to the anniversary week (of which I was COMPLETELY unaware and as an NE member should not have been) in this podcast is, on top of really inconvenient for you, pretty spooky.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:09 pm

/pending..
<3
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:20 am

Listened.

Mad luvz for you Phara. I Hope yer work situation improves.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:09 pm

this was actually a emotional and difficult time, from what i remember personally.. many were so quick to scatter, it was very difficult to maintain what once was..
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:36 pm

:heart: /listened
Candeeoke
The Quiet Storm

Postby Candeeoke » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:34 pm

//listening
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:11 pm

It still makes me mad and sad even to this day... and disappointed that things didn't' go differently, that they decided the nuclear option instead of improving the industry. Punishing innovation... great call. :?
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:50 am

what i dont understand is how they wouldnt want to pick your brain and give you some offer/agreement so they can learn how it worked and try to copy it for everyones benefit, INCLUDING their own. would you have? maybe if it was reasonable enough. everyone here looks up to you for how you handled it and yourself. i hope that gopes without saying, but it really should be fucking said. a lot! I listened to this a couple times. i cant even imagine what that must have brought on you. freakin amazing!!! and a lot more. that just sums it up the best for me right now.

Return to “On Evolution 3.0...”