What does the ninja evolution mean to you?

Feelings, Thoughts, Letters, Art, Music... This is 3.0 Bitches. We've come home.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:01 pm

Corgimom wrote:Evo is one of many brass rings hanging within reach provided co operation from the base of the pyramid to the capstone. I'm just an engineer with the plumb bob and level tweaking for structural integrity as we add levels. The capstone will be a no stress if each level is constructed with care.

Maximizing what we have to build the foundation is my current goal.

Building a safe, legal, shared vision, community from scratch to self sustaining can take years for most sites but we have a great core with shared history. If I had to project manage this I am thinking self sustaining in under a year is realistic.

I love this... This is one of the greatest metaphors for Ninja I've ever read.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:46 pm

:) i'm reading this on shrooms right now.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Wed May 11, 2016 3:33 am

Currently the Ninja Evolution and I are recognizing that I'm down for a committed relationship because after being love banninated I WANT IT SO BADLY. I'M FORUM THIRSTY. I lurked the forum in a fuckin' incognito while the ban was still in place and taking some time to shut up, I realized it's going to get even more immense than it is now. It's kind of like my little babies. One day you think you've lost them all, and the next day you wake up and see a happy, cute little sprout poking out an inch and a half above surface, then I check back in a week and they've got these gorgeous vegetative leaves leaning hard at the light. Anyhow, te quiero mucho, Foro de ninjas.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed May 11, 2016 3:36 am

<3 <3
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed May 11, 2016 4:00 am

:lol: the love bans make it so much better
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed May 11, 2016 4:01 am

Absence and the heart...
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:02 am

Ninjas where i go when I need a break from the world. When I feel suicidal and just need to interact with people who don't hate me. Evolution means I matter even just a tiny bit.
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:10 am

Philly wrote:Evolution means I matter even just a tiny bit.

Well, you do! More than a tiny bit too. Your contributions on here have been a 100% positive addition to my life at least! I won't be the only one who feels that way either. <3

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:32 am

Philly wrote:Ninjas where i go when I need a break from the world. When I feel suicidal and just need to interact with people who don't hate me. Evolution means I matter even just a tiny bit.

oh girl, you matter a ridiculous amount. your one of the only people i even think of as real on that other platform. *shudder* this is your home woman. slip in and out as you please.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:59 pm

Philly wrote:When I feel suicidal and just need to interact with people who don't hate me. Evolution means I matter even just a tiny bit.

This. <3
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:48 pm

Thanks guys. I think everyone needs an escape when life gets especially rough. This place is my escape. I read ur posts and feel connected. I feel like I'm part of something bigger more important. Its weird but comforting at the same time. Thank you guys for letting me make this home.
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Re: What does the ninja evolution mean to you?

Postby Phara » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:26 am

Manhal wrote:This is enormous. I want to stop over every post and like it. I'm naturally more of an FB person, and I love to post news, science, politics, whatever. It has utility for me in communicating with family mostly. So my inclination when I am reading the threads is to rate them, to clap, to smile, to laugh, to care, in essence, to respond to.
But it is difficult to engage when I am so new. I weigh the consequences of everything I write, as if it could be read out in court one day. Because it's a scary world.

It reminds me alot of the recent teachers college course I took. Threads upon threads of analysis, and thoughtful responses. Heavy content.
It's....well, intimidating. Not that you don't all embrace one another, man, its amazing. Waves of it. Tangibly.
I'm trying to work up the courage to respond. I'm more of an observer. Even in the long ago NinjaVideo (rest in peace) I would just read and not respond.
I was scared.
Personally, I still am. The idea that violence was visited upon any of you is abhorrent. I just want to understand.
I tried to follow as best as I could, but I didn't have THAT kind of courage. So, I am throwing in my hat.
I am communicating. As myself. And my first thought about this forum is, thank you. Thank you for bringing it back. I was one of those people who waited with baited breath for it's return. I felt awful. In my heart I wanted to help.
I want to know what happened.

It's the story that needs to be told. To clear the air. To remember and 'put right what once went wrong'...

...I really appreciate all of your responses and I am getting to know you slowly...

My second thought was this:

My very first interaction with this forum/community was this: the Queen reached out, and a royal hand lifted a peasants gaze. She steered him to action.
She asked me to read about the plight of a member. I really was blown away by the communication. And saddened by the reason, but I empathized. Brutal! Fuck those people! She was having a bad time at work. It was shitty. I was sad for her. I didn't really know what to say. But she was in my thoughts. She still is.
But

I watched as all of these different people came out with such strong, crazy, beyond altruistic support. Overwhelmingly inspiring. They just let her know they were there for her, and wanted her to tell them how they could help. Sensitively assuring her. These people were on deck!

And this peasant was given a significant and illuminating gift. I been reading some of the threads of all the cool colours and rankings and awesomeness you can earn here. It's...wow.

But I told her I didn't think I had enough "ninja". I meant, regardless of however long I had known about NV or had followed it, I was nascent at participating, and hadn't earned the ability yet to assert myself yet as a voice in the crowd. She patiently clarified, that one is born ninja, it is not something you accumulate.
But she respected my choice. I wanted to tell her, I used to be. Used to be engaged, used to be at the rallies and used to be loud. I got hurt. Not legendary hurt, just everyday hurt. And I shut up. So I just wanted to say thank you for reminding me that I cannot be unconnected to this, this, legendary group of people.

Thank you.

My third thought is:
I think I posted to one other thread, but this is still the only thread I feel comfortable in. I haven't gone over as much as I would like before I pop my head up.
I clicked on GhostDogg's cool soundcloud, and it is really nice. I put the needle back on that record a few times. In fact, I'm going to go listen now! Respect to my Canadian brother.

I hope to engage a little more. It's kind of having a legend in your mind, hero worship. To talk to your heroes is hard.
It wasn't what I thought it would be. It was better.

I want to thank all of you who made me feel welcome, by name.

BigMush
Phara
ghostdogg
girlapaloo
ink
Skywalker
NaranjaRa
Philly
Corgimom
Gwenno

And please, AliceElite, you are so loved. Take solace in that.

I'm a complete stranger and I am still affected by your story ( :heart: ). I am also here if you would like to talk. I can even be mildly amusing sometimes. All these people just want to help. How cool is that?

Not to wax on to long, but I do have a quote that makes me feel better when I'm down...
...“The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.”

/who

Kindest regards,

Manhal
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Re: What does the ninja evolution mean to you?

Postby Gwenno » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:11 am

<3
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:

Return to “On Evolution 3.0...”