What does the ninja evolution mean to you?

Feelings, Thoughts, Letters, Art, Music... This is 3.0 Bitches. We've come home.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:27 pm

As the title asks, what does the ninja evolution mean to you?

For me it all fits into one little saying.

Restoring the lost art of communication.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:21 pm

pretty much nailed it ^

//pending more
horrificmedium
the unproven

Postby horrificmedium » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:42 pm

MyActualSpace
====
"Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves."

[img=Clown Town by Mau Mau for THTC]http://i65.tinypic.com/20qfl1v.jpg[/img]
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:29 pm

horrificmedium wrote:MyActualSpace

Tshirt. :|
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:41 am

What ninja means to Bigmush: Not sure so far, more then finding a internet home again. A place where flaming wont happen, where trolls will say "im sorry" and if you're havign a bad day, there will be alot of "boo, come here *tight hug* We will make it better. Look here, little one :3 *shows art forum*"

That this is a great brain tickle and philosofical pot, concisting of almost every side of the social spectra, is not needed to say, that goes automaticly for Ninjaaa <3 <3 <3

Ninjaaa! (aaa=3.0)
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:33 pm

BigMush wrote:What ninja means to Bigmush: Not sure so far, more then finding a internet home again. A place where flaming wont happen, where trolls will say "im sorry" and if you're havign a bad day, there will be alot of "boo, come here *tight hug* We will make it better. Look here, little one :3 *shows art forum*"

That this is a great brain tickle and philosofical pot, concisting of almost every side of the social spectra, is not needed to say, that goes automaticly for Ninjaaa <3 <3 <3

Ninjaaa! (aaa=3.0)

word. thats real
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm feeling humbled by some shit lately. You know what is just one element of why a forum is so special, and why this forum is so special? We get to transcend the limits we've set for ourselves. Those limits are in the information we volunteer to social media. Tumblr tried to do this, to allow people to be more than what their biographical information said they were, but the problem with Tumblr is that stupid "reblog" button being the only way to respond to a post, and people got addicted to that. It was so much faster to quote a sweet meme and try to make your reaction unique in the lottery chance that someone else wanted to respond to that reaction.

When I look at Facebook, I see all the people I have to avoid because a couple of them decided to scapegoat me for their inability to cope with their lives, with their very real situations. I'm not very charismatic, nor do I carry any serious social weight. I run my mouth. I don't ditch people. This made me an easy target, very exploitable. I could be used. That's exactly what happened. Someone decided I could be their exposure therapy as they processed their own trauma. Another person decided I could be their emotional dumping ground. So when I cut them off, when I finally said, "no, I need you to exit my life," it hit them hard. I was supposed to be weaker than they were. I was supposed to matter less. I wasn't supposed to assert self respect. So then I'm reading in a private place about how that makes me a threat, and suddenly Facebook becomes a very terrifying place.

You've all read my big, long post about life since the old Ninja. People don't want to believe that narrative can exist. They HATE it. When I failed to deliver myself, to continue getting leeched in abusive relationships, suddenly all that mattered was cisgender white passing straight male privilege, and tearing that down. It was a convenience that the idea of our family also got caught in the cross hairs. Nothing else mattered. The ends were achieved.

With all of this context, you'd think my vulnerability would be shot to pieces. If anything it let me quiet things down, leave Facebook people be (except the people I privately message), and it let me remember that though vulnerable, loyal in a way that leaves me so, a social mess, I wasn't so pitiful. I had things going for me. I knew who I was, what actually happened, and was able to process the fact that no one was being called accountable for blatant dishonesty because Facebook, and most of social networking as a joint phenomenon, did nothing more than allow people to express their own limitations more loudly. Life remained a goddamned popularity contest, and the most popular in their own little subgroups got to proceed with impunity.

What is the difference between Ninja and all of that? It's not an expression of existing limitations. It's actually producing real shit HERE. It's investment in a community where social media has been an investment in individual. It's extending ourselves into something greater and sharing in the benefit. Nobody has to fucking like me here. I just produce good shit and it's GOING to get appreciated.

There is so much to be said for transparency, for not staying anonymous, but you know what, there is ALSO something to be said for privacy, even if it's a semblance of privacy. Talk to any decent shrink and they will be able to point out that people have given up their privacy, and allowed what is precious to be lost, because it's not something you can get back. Y'all aren't going to have to decide between whether you have more energy for a political meme involving cats that I put up or a post about a major life change like coming out as some kind of queer or having a child or facing an illness. That shit is categorized. It's not just this globulous information vomit.

The Internet was supposed to be a new world, and in some ways it has remained so, but in so many other ways, it has also turned into a banal expression of everyday mediocrity, where everything remarkable gets a predictable set of reactions. You get what you see in this impossibly depressing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxVZYiJKl1Y

So, I'm not going to say I'm presenting all of myself to you, or my best self, or an idea of myself. I'm presenting you exactly what I'm presenting you. You see what I produce, and that is simple. That is something I can bank on. I don't need to worry about how many "likes" I'm getting because even if none of my posts get noted or acknowledged I STILL FUCKING MADE SOMETHING. It's not flushed down the toilet unless I want it to be. The value of what I produce is greater than that of the image of myself that I present.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:16 am

BigMush wrote:What ninja means to Bigmush: Not sure so far, more then finding a internet home again. A place where flaming wont happen, where trolls will say "im sorry" and if you're havign a bad day, there will be alot of "boo, come here *tight hug* We will make it better. Look here, little one :3 *shows art forum*"

Ninjaaa! (aaa=3.0)

This really made me smile again today. I love that so many people referring to ninja as their internet home. That's so absolutely amazing.

"look here lil one, shows art forum" - YES. loves. sharing :) <3.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:26 am

Rwn wrote:Restoring the lost art of communication.

This. Family. People that you can debate with and be creative with who aren't towing some fucking party line, but have an open mind. Home.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:32 am

The below is one of the most incredible posts I've ever read. Cerro, you're a frggin' poet my dude. You inspire ME. The way YOU WRITE is transcendant.

cerrodepedro wrote: Tumblr tried to do this, to allow people to be more than what their biographical information said they were, but the problem with Tumblr is that stupid "reblog" button being the only way to respond to a post, and people got addicted to that. It was so much faster to quote a sweet meme and try to make your reaction unique in the lottery chance that someone else wanted to respond to that reaction.

For all of us. I hate that in us. That default to the easy. Or is it really a default? Have we chosen this path? God so many roads to go down and probably a topic for Lifestyles. Lol, there's a place for everything on 3VO.

I don't ditch people. This made me an easy target, very exploitable.

that's such a real sentence. Goddamn that hit me. I feel you.

I was supposed to be weaker than they were. I was supposed to matter less. I wasn't supposed to assert self respect. So then I'm reading in a private place about how that makes me a threat, and suddenly Facebook becomes a very terrifying place.

Yes. I understand this. No matter how anyone may view the myth that is "Phara" and for how big I may be in a corner of the internet somewhere... I have this self loathing and sense of lack that debilitates me. Or that used to. It's changing now and it's through here.

You've all read my big, long post about life since the old Ninja. People don't want to believe that narrative can exist. They HATE it. When I failed to deliver myself, to continue getting leeched in abusive relationships, suddenly all that mattered was cisgender white passing straight male privilege, and tearing that down. It was a convenience that the idea of our family also got caught in the cross hairs. Nothing else mattered. The ends were achieved.

this is so deep. Fuck... everyone wants to put people in this group of boxes and don't want to think about anything beyond that. The complex, the compound thinking, the compound living... all of that can be torn down with shit comments and base thinking and just the desire to aim, barb, and hurt at the end of the day.

With all of this context, you'd think my vulnerability would be shot to pieces. If anything it let me quiet things down, leave Facebook people be (except the people I privately message), and it let me remember that though vulnerable, loyal in a way that leaves me so, a social mess, I wasn't so pitiful. I had things going for me. I knew who I was, what actually happened, and was able to process the fact that no one was being called accountable for blatant dishonesty because Facebook, and most of social networking as a joint phenomenon, did nothing more than allow people to express their own limitations more loudly. Life remained a goddamned popularity contest, and the most popular in their own little subgroups got to proceed with impunity.

What is the difference between Ninja and all of that? It's not an expression of existing limitations. It's actually producing real shit HERE. It's investment in a community where social media has been an investment in individual. It's extending ourselves into something greater and sharing in the benefit. Nobody has to fucking like me here. I just produce good shit and it's GOING to get appreciated.

FUCKING YES. YES. GODDAMMIT, YOU SEE IT SO HARD. We're building something fucking amazing goddammit and something bigger than ourselves. We all know that humanity can be shit and fuck a goddamn like, fuck a goddamn comment. We produce AMAZING shit, NO MATTER WHAT. And whether immediately or over time, your fucking tribe acknowledges and recognizes and comes to you and around you in this gorgeous fucking library/university/digital compound that we call a home.

The Internet was supposed to be a new world, and in some ways it has remained so, but in so many other ways, it has also turned into a banal expression of everyday mediocrity, where everything remarkable gets a predictable set of reactions. You get what you see in this impossibly depressing video:

So, I'm not going to say I'm presenting all of myself to you, or my best self, or an idea of myself. I'm presenting you exactly what I'm presenting you. You see what I produce, and that is simple. That is something I can bank on. I don't need to worry about how many "likes" I'm getting because even if none of my posts get noted or acknowledged I STILL FUCKING MADE SOMETHING. It's not flushed down the toilet unless I want it to be. The value of what I produce is greater than that of the image of myself that I present.

Yes.. the internet is wondrous, monstrous, and disappointing all at once. I'm printing out your last paragraph and putting it on my wall. That's beautiful.

Thank you for this post.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:35 am

Rwn wrote:As the title asks, what does the ninja evolution mean to you?

For me it all fits into one little saying.

Restoring the lost art of communication.

I think this is the loveliest and the simplest of definitions. I feel the same way.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:41 am

cerrodepedro wrote:I'm feeling humbled by some shit lately. You know what is just one element of why a forum is so special, and why this forum is so special? We get to transcend the limits we've set for ourselves. Those limits are in the information we volunteer to social media. Tumblr tried to do this, to allow people to be more than what their biographical information said they were, but the problem with Tumblr is that stupid "reblog" button being the only way to respond to a post, and people got addicted to that. It was so much faster to quote a sweet meme and try to make your reaction unique in the lottery chance that someone else wanted to respond to that reaction.

When I look at Facebook, I see all the people I have to avoid because a couple of them decided to scapegoat me for their inability to cope with their lives, with their very real situations. I'm not very charismatic, nor do I carry any serious social weight. I run my mouth. I don't ditch people. This made me an easy target, very exploitable. I could be used. That's exactly what happened. Someone decided I could be their exposure therapy as they processed their own trauma. Another person decided I could be their emotional dumping ground. So when I cut them off, when I finally said, "no, I need you to exit my life," it hit them hard. I was supposed to be weaker than they were. I was supposed to matter less. I wasn't supposed to assert self respect. So then I'm reading in a private place about how that makes me a threat, and suddenly Facebook becomes a very terrifying place.

There is so much to be said for transparency, for not staying anonymous, but you know what, there is ALSO something to be said for privacy, even if it's a semblance of privacy. Talk to any decent shrink and they will be able to point out that people have given up their privacy, and allowed what is precious to be lost, because it's not something you can get back. Y'all aren't going to have to decide between whether you have more energy for a political meme involving cats that I put up or a post about a major life change like coming out as some kind of queer or having a child or facing an illness. That shit is categorized. It's not just this globulous information vomit.

The Internet was supposed to be a new world, and in some ways it has remained so, but in so many other ways, it has also turned into a banal expression of everyday mediocrity, where everything remarkable gets a predictable set of reactions. You get what you see in this impossibly depressing video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxVZYiJKl1Y

maaan.. you got it. that just it. on your own terms. be ninja and we will support you for you! ..also, the internet is wide open and we can begin to take it back, the more people come and ninja up, the more we can break free of the confines and boxes they try and smash everyone into. know how i know this? the vid you posted ( :lol: so much truth btw ) has 14,647,592 watches. people know, they just need a reason they can unplug

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:44 am

Feydakin wrote:
Rwn wrote:Restoring the lost art of communication.

This. Family. People that you can debate with and be creative with who aren't towing some fucking party line, but have an open mind. Home.

word!

Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:44 am

Ninja is a home, a place to store my soul and let it roam free
a garden where my ocean of dreams can flow along without worry.
silent acceptance of the person i am, without asking why or how.
belief in the passion that springs forward from my mind, and spews out into text, reason or walls of argumentative text.

Ninja, is plainly put a home and the door is open once more.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:59 am

Cerro.

I think you honestly just highlighted the kind of space I want to help create here - a space of intentional creation, not individual expression. It is important that we recognize this space as a space of expression, but not in the kneejerk way that facebook is.

I want to share my discoveries, opinions, life choices and happy moments, and have someone choose to read and engage in them, not just hit a thumbs up and scroll by.

Once again, you're right on point here. Wow.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:04 am

Azealdread wrote:Ninja is a home, a place to store my soul and let it roam free
a garden where my ocean of dreams can flow along without worry.
silent acceptance of the person i am, without asking why or how.
belief in the passion that springs forward from my mind, and spews out into text, reason or walls of argumentative text.

Ninja, is plainly put a home and the door is open once more.

look at you poet... and you used to be shy about writing. This gave me the feelz. <3
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:57 pm

These commonalities are so unbelievably refreshing. It's not so much being heard or understood that's refreshing (hello social networking!), but seeing that there are lots of human beings intent on creating things and enjoying those things. Phara, thank you is inadequate.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:07 am

aliceelite wrote:Yeah I agree. I'm definitely not mad at all. I am going to follow up with what changes I do want to see because, like...I should figure it out. I had never really thought about it other than "well, changes, duh". So it was a really stressful thread but it made me do some research and it did make me think critically about my position.

I am going to write a bigger post eventually, about this space and what it is, but in short - it's the above. Just the fact that this is a place where I can engage in a super personal really heartbreaking topic with people who disagree with me and at the end of the day have our minds open and still care about each other as humans...That's a fucking miracle.

I just got off having a discussion on facebook and it was....nothing like that. After 20 comments about the issue I just felt angry and frustrated and annoyed. And there will be no push through there. I won't push through those feelings to grow as a person or as a critical thinker, the only thing I have gained from that facebook post is bad emotions.

But ninja...is totally different. It's just so different. After 20 posts, I feel better. I have more trust in this community and feel closer to the people I disagreed with than I did before. And I think, in a nutshell, that's what 3.0 is to me.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:35 am

^^ <3 3vo :)

LeTronique
the unproven

Postby LeTronique » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:01 am

NinjaEvo to me signifies the resilience of humankind.

No matter what the establishment throws at us, we still stand.

It feels good to know there's a corner of the internet where I can be myself.
If I know what I know, then losing isn't learning to be lost, its learning to know when you're lost.
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:25 am

LeTronique wrote:NinjaEvo to me signifies the resilience of humankind.

No matter what the establishment throws at us, we still stand.

It feels good to know there's a corner of the internet where I can be myself.

--agreed
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:34 am

Today Ninja Evolution means I keep coming back for more. I've been on vacation (driving a child back and forth for long stretches is taxing and doesn't leave a lot of room for opening the lappy or pecking on the phone), but I kept thinking about the Forum, and this was where I wanted to be when I got back. It means I can get baked and share some space with some fellow appreciators of the same state of mind. It means my brain is respected, valued, USED for something other than robotically recycling metashit.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:58 am

connected

Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:34 am

Evo is one of many brass rings hanging within reach provided co operation from the base of the pyramid to the capstone. I'm just an engineer with the plumb bob and level tweaking for structural integrity as we add levels. The capstone will be a no stress if each level is constructed with care.

Maximizing what we have to build the foundation is my current goal.

Building a safe, legal, shared vision, community from scratch to self sustaining can take years for most sites but we have a great core with shared history. If I had to project manage this I am thinking self sustaining in under a year is realistic.
Image Image
est 1953

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:01 pm

I've already responded to the below but I wanted to quote it again because posts like this are what Ninja means to me. Meeting people like this. Responding to words like this. CRYING OVER THINGS LIKE THIS. Evolution has reminded me to have faith in humanity. Fuck that... not only faith... that humanity is beautiful and there is no reason for sadness. None. Ever. If you focus on what's right and who's true. This is what Evolution means to me.

cerrodepedro wrote:I'm feeling humbled by some shit lately. You know what is just one element of why a forum is so special, and why this forum is so special? We get to transcend the limits we've set for ourselves. Those limits are in the information we volunteer to social media. Tumblr tried to do this, to allow people to be more than what their biographical information said they were, but the problem with Tumblr is that stupid "reblog" button being the only way to respond to a post, and people got addicted to that. It was so much faster to quote a sweet meme and try to make your reaction unique in the lottery chance that someone else wanted to respond to that reaction.

The Internet was supposed to be a new world, and in some ways it has remained so, but in so many other ways, it has also turned into a banal expression of everyday mediocrity, where everything remarkable gets a predictable set of reactions. You get what you see in this impossibly depressing video:

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image

Return to “On Evolution 3.0...”