Me and My Sister Bought an SUV!

More laid back off-topic than Culture & Debate... This section is for the mundane, the funny, and the interesting.
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Me and My Sister Bought an SUV!

Postby Skywalker » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:46 pm

There is no humble brag here... this is a straight out, look what I can fucken do!

A few months ago, our car that I spent a lot of money putting a down payment on a few years ago gave up the ghost. It was a 04 Volvo with a world of problems... so really not a huge loss. It did cause some transportation problems.

So after saving and I do mean saving cause we live in North Carolina, and well shit is expensive, jobs are hard to come by, she is currently the only one working and she works at Walmart for 10/hr.

We have the 1500 needed for a down payment! Yes, it took us a long time to save up 1500 dollars. We did this without any of our families help. They told us that if we moved back to North Carolina that there would be here to help us and all this other bullshit. Nope, when our car broke down we called up this so called family for help, but was told that it was our fault for owning such an old car. Well what can I say, we poor, poor people old shit cars, it is how the world works.

So we found a car lot that is willing to work with us, and we got an 06 Pacifica (the SUV kind, not the really new Minivan Kind). Yes, this car is known for having problems like eating oil like candy, and some electrical issues. It is what it is. It is big enough for everyone to fit into, and my mom can go back to going to the doctor.

The only really downside to this cool car is that I can not see over the dash, I need a booster seat. Hell I'll take that problem than walking or bumming rides off anyone.

At this moment in time, no one is currently invited over to the Skywalker Thanksgiving Feast.. and Christmas is not looking any better.. cause my mom's family are dicks. Why promise someone with the aspect of help when you can not give any. Sure we did not live in the best place in Florida, but we could afford our bills and I had a job.

Sure this may not be all that impressive to some, but dammit I am trying. There is no need to be humble in this brag here... cause we had a damn goal and we met it! Not like we had any other choice, my mom has a doctors appointment in Greenville in a few weeks.

///sorry for the grammar, I am not being graded for this post.
moonshine
190 PROOF

Re: Me and My Sister Bought an SUV!

Postby moonshine » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Its no puppy. ;)
ImageImage
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:13 pm

Congrats! What a great feeling to have set a goal and accomplished it /party :mrgreen:
I hear ya on the Thanksgiving and Xmas invites... more Feast for you, right?
Spoiler: show
Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:19 am

wheels = freedom! well good on ya, congratz!
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:46 am

Congrats! I know you guys are proud & rightfully so! So frigging happy for you right now
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman

Return to “Random”