1st world problems

More laid back off-topic than Culture & Debate... This section is for the mundane, the funny, and the interesting.

Moderator: Phara

Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:35 pm

We all have them. This is a place to share your current or favorite 1st world problems.

My current first world problem. The TV I want to buy is too big to fit into either my or my girlfriends car since we both drive 2 door convertibles. And I don't want to be uncomfortable and drive with the top down that far... And delivery wouldn't get it here until monday
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:48 pm

The janitors keeps making the outside pretty with flashy grassclipping and leaf blowers.

First world problem

Altho, they are done now since 2 hours
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:31 pm

When my Local supermarket ran out of pafitta rolls from their "essential" (cheaper) range.. Wtf am I gunna do without my essentials
Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:58 pm

When my wifi drops out for 20 minutes .. I'm like fuck this Stone Age shit
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:11 pm

The hard drive on my computer decided to fucking cease operating. I lost all of my documents, photos, music etc. Remember when hard copies existed? Don't try to tell me I should purchase an external hard drive or use a cloud service. I will punch you in the throat. I fucking know!
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:38 pm

omg kelly. too many times to admit.

i hate that i have to pay bills and go to work to do it. i'm four hours late for a shift that i just cant motivate myself to go to.

first world problem. :|
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:46 pm

anynoise wrote:The hard drive on my computer decided to fucking cease operating. I lost all of my documents, photos, music etc. Remember when hard copies existed? Don't try to tell me I should purchase an external hard drive or use a cloud service. I will punch you in the throat. I fucking know!

As someone with a similar problem.. I had to buy a new computer.

Do you know there is no easy way to transfer files from one Windows 10 computer to another? WTH man!? All I wanted was my flipping research and my half-assed website. I have to upload to a cloud service, then download it to the new one!

Fucken hell man.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:22 am

i cant decide if i'm just going to spend 20 bucks and do my laundry all at once at the laundromat or if i should go to my mothers and spend 5 hours doing it there
:|
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:33 am

its all about the costs, $20 or 5 hours with moms.. :/
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:16 am

I finally got a day off but have nothing to do despite all the technology and fun stuff around me
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:18 am

I run out of things to watch that help me sleep at night in my warm home and bamboo pillow that just dont cut it for me anymore,
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:14 am

Same.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:04 am

my hdmi cable is too short and im retarded close to the tv until i can be bothered to buy another one.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:26 am

My brand new phone is starting to bore me... When is the next shiny new thing coming out?
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:52 pm

My printer jammed, instead of getting up to fix it. I hand wrote out what I was going to print out.

It was my nephew speech for his 4th grade living museum.

In my defence, the printer is in another room hooked up to the router.
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:57 pm

My espresso machine is acting up and it takes like a whole 4 minutes to get a hot steaming cup instead of 30 seconds. Fuck my life!
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:22 pm

I bought a lawnmower on craigslist. Drove home but couldn't get it off my truck alone. I called a couple of neighbors for a hand and went inside. A couple of hours later The bigot across the street called to say he was home and would be over in 15-20 minutes. I went outside to wait for him. I had to call him back and say nevermind- the lawnmower had been unloaded and disappeared by someone.
Image Image
est 1953

Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Thu May 19, 2016 5:47 pm

I tried to give my son chocolate cupcakes with his lunch but met his wrath because he wanted cookies. Bastard got a banana.
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Fri May 20, 2016 11:21 pm

Corgimom wrote:I bought a lawnmower on craigslist. Drove home but couldn't get it off my truck alone. I called a couple of neighbors for a hand and went inside. A couple of hours later The bigot across the street called to say he was home and would be over in 15-20 minutes. I went outside to wait for him. I had to call him back and say nevermind- the lawnmower had been unloaded and disappeared by someone.

what?! someone stole the mower?? thats wack :|
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:50 am

I have so many going on right now

I should have gotten the big case of Starbucks frappucinos from Costco

Why must keurig cups cost so damn much and why don't they have more variety packs? I am just not some one who wants to drink the same flavored coffee. So now I must go and get different flavored creamers. It's a racket I tell you.

I don't want to go to the mall for the semi annuals sales. I would rather order the stuff online but the thought of paying shipping and handling, I Just Can't Do It!
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:48 pm

ImmaculateStiletto wrote:I have so many going on right now

Why must keurig cups cost so damn much and why don't they have more variety packs? I am just not some one who wants to drink the same flavored coffee. So now I must go and get different flavored creamers. It's a racket I tell you.

I don't want to go to the mall for the semi annuals sales. I would rather order the stuff online but the thought of paying shipping and handling, I Just Can't Do It!

As for the coffee - I too had a keurig and loved it, til I had to buy refills and realized how much I was spending.

They actually cost way more than your standard coffee pot and give you a lot less for your buck. I did the math years ago, and that 5.99 canister of Folgers actually cost roughly .18/cup in a standard coffee pot/machine.

I've soared way above the Keurig by now. After drinking out of a standard coffee machine for so long, ive come to learn that the French Press is the way to go! makes 3-4 cups, but HOLY SHIT THE FLAVOR!!!!! it accentuates the raw coffee flavor, and now I barely need sugar in mine when ive been using 2 teaspoons per cup my whole life!

I'm just going to assume you don't know how a french press works as most of my friends dont. if you do, just ignore all this:

If you're interested - about 19.99-24.00 w shipping.

1. boil water until that moment where you can see all the little bubbles, right before boiling point
2. Fill the French Press with 2-3 tablespoons of your desired coffee grounds - coarse ground coffee is preferred.
3. Pour the near boiling point water in the French Press, AND let it sit for about 3 minutes, at least. This is called steeping.
4. Take the top sliding part f your French Press, make sure its all thew way up, put the lid on, slide it all the way down slowly. This pushes all the grounds to the bottom, separating it from your coffee.
5. Enjoy your coffee, but dont take the entire last sip of the cup unless youre using coarse grounds. sometimes the sneaky bastards sneak in your cup at the very bottom. Its the only downside of The French Press.

It brings out the rich creaminess of even a standard folgers brand and makes it awesome! even tastes a bit chocolatey somehow, in my opinion.

ALSO: I have a bunch of "empty" keurig pods, where you load up your own grounds into them, then load your shell in the keurig. its A LOT CHEAPER than buying pods. Id be more than happy to send some your way if you're interested.
ImmaculateStiletto

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:56 pm

Rivoc wrote:
ImmaculateStiletto wrote:I have so many going on right now

As for the coffee - I too had a keurig and loved it, til I had to buy refills and realized how much I was spending.

They actually cost way more than your standard coffee pot and give you a lot less for your buck. I did the math years ago, and that 5.99 canister of Folgers actually cost roughly .18/cup in a standard coffee pot/machine.

I've soared way above the Keurig by now. After drinking out of a standard coffee machine for so long, ive come to learn that the French Press is the way to go! makes 3-4 cups, but HOLY SHIT THE FLAVOR!!!!! it accentuates the raw coffee flavor, and now I barely need sugar in mine when ive been using 2 teaspoons per cup my whole life!

I'm just going to assume you don't know how a french press works as most of my friends dont. if you do, just ignore all this:

If you're interested - about 19.99-24.00 w shipping.

1. boil water until that moment where you can see all the little bubbles, right before boiling point
2. Fill the French Press with 2-3 tablespoons of your desired coffee grounds - coarse ground coffee is preferred.
3. Pour the near boiling point water in the French Press, AND let it sit for about 3 minutes, at least. This is called steeping.
4. Take the top sliding part f your French Press, make sure its all thew way up, put the lid on, slide it all the way down slowly. This pushes all the grounds to the bottom, separating it from your coffee.
5. Enjoy your coffee, but dont take the entire last sip of the cup unless youre using coarse grounds. sometimes the sneaky bastards sneak in your cup at the very bottom. Its the only downside of The French Press.

It brings out the rich creaminess of even a standard folgers brand and makes it awesome! even tastes a bit chocolatey somehow, in my opinion.

ALSO: I have a bunch of "empty" keurig pods, where you load up your own grounds into them, then load your shell in the keurig. its A LOT CHEAPER than buying pods. Id be more than happy to send some your way if you're interested.

Oh thank you thank you! I may have to check it out! I have the empty ones I think I have like 3 I just need to stop forgetting about them and get the loose coffee because it really is cost efficient. I was just mister saddened that they didn't have the combo pack they usually have. I hate having 100 of the same Flavor. I shall be at the supermarket getting different flavored creamer. Le sigh. So many struggles in the world and this is my issue.
Have a Blessed Day
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Hehe don't feel feel bad. We all have our little struggles vs our real struggles. Life wouldn't be life any other way :D

Tbh I feel bad for my little struggles right now.... 10 week summer vacation but I'm so peeling from sunburn recovery I don't even want to go out. LOL I'm actually molting like a bird! Couple more days though.... Then I can enjoy my time off proper. This is my biggest gripe while everyone else is still working the grind. My petty struggles are nothing compared to what everyone else goes through daily, I feel you. That's life :)
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:51 am

My bodega is two blocks away as opposed to on the corner where it should be :|
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ImmaculateStiletto

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:05 am

Phara wrote:My bodega is two blocks away as opposed to on the corner where it should be :|

I would actually die if the corner store wasn't in the corner down the street from me.
Have a Blessed Day

Return to “Random”