Rant and rage vent even

More laid back off-topic than Culture & Debate... This section is for the mundane, the funny, and the interesting.
Rwn
Missing In Action...
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:57 am
Location: Seattle

Postby Rwn » Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:37 am

Got something you need to get off your chest?

Spill it all.

Let it out.

One rule is no using this as a means to attack other members. You wanna do that then be blunt about it.


I am so sick and tired of everything, right now it's hard to find the silver linings in the little things. I eat, sleep, work, repeat. I know there should be more to life than this, and that knowledge just makes it worse. I am fed up with this stupid pointless shit. I'm surrounded by people I can't fucking stand. They are all so God damn self centered and greedy as fuck. How God damned hard is it to do anything without trying to find a way for you to benefit from it?

I'm stuck in this situation because I truly love the person I am with, but I can't stand her family. They are some of the worst people I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. Every damn day all they ever do is worry about themselves and try to find a way to make every little fucking thing about them. Any time things calm down and start looking good they start acting up and turn it all to shit again. Life shouldn't be this frustrating...

But why don't I just move? Oh yea because me and my girlfriend moved up here after her mother died from a heroin OD to get custody of my girlfriends half sister (same mother different fathers). Odd I know, why wouldn't the father or someone else end up with custody of the child? Well the father is an abusive alcoholic drug addict who actually had an active restraining order against him so he wasn't an option. The grandparents originally wanted custody but due to their age and health that wasn't going to happen. Enter the paternal aunt (so no relation to my GF) she attempted to get custody... We weren't about to let this happen. This woman has had a very long history of drug abuse, alcoholic tendencies, and about 4 husbands who all left her because she is fucking insane. She called the cops and actually pressed charges on her own daughter when she broke a window in the house.

So we got here got a lawyer (a shitty one... Okay not a shitty lawyer but a greedy one. We had a payment plan with her and right at the end she demanded all of the money right then or she would walk. We told her to fuck off) so instead of getting what we wanted we had to settle for full custody but the aunt gets certain weekend overnight visitation rights (sort of like shared custody). And because of this we can't even move out of the neighboring counties... Well fuck me. That leaves us with either staying here in Seattle where there are jobs but it's super expensive, or moving where there are no jobs but it's cheaper to live(although the price of living in those places is starting to skyrocket).

I'm just so damn fed up with this shit. Right now the only way out of this situation is to get a lawyer and try to convince a judge that the visitation rights are detrimental to the child. This isn't going to work because the aunt is clean on paper, and constantly brain washing the child.

So we come up here to do the right thing and end up getting fucked in the ass with a sandpaper condom... Isn't life great.
Image
User avatar
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!
Posts: 2006
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:13 am

Postby Phara » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:33 pm

oi

/pending
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

Image Image
Kay
grasshopper
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:47 am
Location: Minnesconsin

Postby Kay » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:10 am

Can I just say here that I loathe dishwashers with a vehemence? They DON'T get things CLEAN. Especially if you don't rinse right after you've eaten/drank. Which is why I just spent 35 minutes washing my client's fucking dishes. Sure, your dishwasher will sanitize, but it also leaves crusty food residue as well. And Jesus... If you've had milk in a freaking glass, take the time to rinse it quick. Don't just be finished and leave the cap on... Because then your nanny has to open said cap and get a lovely whiff of MOLDING FUCKING DAIRY. Ughhhhh.

But honestly, how hard is it too wash a dish after you use it? Really? HOW HARD IS IT?!?!?

/how to NOT adult
Image
Image
Orea
Viva La Résistance
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:37 pm

Postby Orea » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:56 am

Personality rights are fucking bullshit when they don't protect you from fascist extremists.
We were spreading the word for a general assembly at uni the other day. Fucking fascists came and stood right in front of us (about 30 meters away). They are the "Action Française", an extremist group, heavy on homophobia, racism, anti-Semitism, and hatred of all kind.
Fuckers were taking pictures of us. We know where these pictures eventually come up : on fascists sites offering watch-lists for any of their political enemies.

Cops came because the universiy called them. They went to see the assoles, check what was written on the papers they were giving out. Then they came to see us, see what we were up to, knowing full well the real issues in the situation. We asked them if they could do anything to remove the fascists. They said without proper threat, nothing could be done, and of course, the fact that the assholes were all carrying motorbikes helmets, hammers and whatnot, did not constitute a "proper threat". ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
Oh and then, when we asked if they could make it so that they'd stop taking our picture, unsurprisingly, they gave us the whole speech about personality rights and the fact that they couldn't do anything BEFORE any malicious use of the pictures were proven.

Fucking bullshit. The next day, they vandalized the entire university, graffing celtic cross, "White power" tags" and stickers against homosexual marriage (it became legal recently here).

This is going to be a fucking awesome week.
Image
User avatar
Philly
adept ninja
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Philly

Postby Philly » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm trying so hard to make a relationship work with my complete opposite. The one thing we clash most on is music. I keep my shit to myself since we don't agree but he constantly subjects me to his bs. He not only plays it constantly he blasts it so damn loud the whole block hears it. I ask him to chill and to show me the respect I show him but he doesn't. So yeah as I type this rant all I hear is his garbage.
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Image
User avatar
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: USA

Postby Zansi'Vara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:51 pm

Philly wrote:I'm trying so hard to make a relationship work with my complete opposite. The one thing we clash most on is music. I keep my shit to myself since we don't agree but he constantly subjects me to his bs. He not only plays it constantly he blasts it so damn loud the whole block hears it. I ask him to chill and to show me the respect I show him but he doesn't. So yeah as I type this rant all I hear is his garbage.


I'm sorry, Philly. It can be hard to maintain a relationship like that. It sounds like he's very directly ignoring your comfort, which is not a good sign at all. I'm not a professional, so I don't know what to recommend, but you at least have my condolences for your situation.
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: USA

Postby Zansi'Vara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:57 pm

I am currently unemployed, I quit my job about 3 weeks ago, and I am being encouraged to go find a new job, but honestly I just don't have any desire to go back to that. At both of my previous two jobs I just started slipping into worse and worse depressions until finally I had to back out, and when I did, the depression disappeared almost entirely and everything in my world calmed down. Since then, I've been able to get back into my writing, catch up with tons of old friends, and rediscover this amazing community. In my head there's this constant struggle now, between one part of me yelling that if I don't get a job soon, my finances will fall apart and I will have to completely restructure my life, and the other part just holding up a hand, gesturing to the memories of my last work experiences. I want to do some kind of work to earn money, but everywhere I look I just see the same awful system run by the same awful people, and it seems like there's no escaping it. It's a choice between either hating my life or not being allowed to live it.

I suppose the best word for my condition is, disillusioned.
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nepherteri
grasshopper
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:54 am
Location: Dallas

Postby Nepherteri » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:47 am

Offfffff subject....but why in the FUCKKKKK is Miley Cyrus on every one of my damn cable channels....It's a horrible nightmare....
" Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live."~Bob Marley

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Nepherteri
grasshopper
Posts: 193
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:54 am
Location: Dallas

Postby Nepherteri » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:52 am

Zansi'Vara wrote:I am currently unemployed, I quit my job about 3 weeks ago, and I am being encouraged to go find a new job, but honestly I just don't have any desire to go back to that. At both of my previous two jobs I just started slipping into worse and worse depressions until finally I had to back out, and when I did, the depression disappeared almost entirely and everything in my world calmed down. Since then, I've been able to get back into my writing, catch up with tons of old friends, and rediscover this amazing community. In my head there's this constant struggle now, between one part of me yelling that if I don't get a job soon, my finances will fall apart and I will have to completely restructure my life, and the other part just holding up a hand, gesturing to the memories of my last work experiences. I want to do some kind of work to earn money, but everywhere I look I just see the same awful system run by the same awful people, and it seems like there's no escaping it. It's a choice between either hating my life or not being allowed to live it.

I suppose the best word for my condition is, disillusioned.


After, I so rudely interrupted...I wanted you to know that I am right behind you...I'm at the point to where my job literally makes me sick...but I can't afford to leave...and I love my boss...she's just adorbs...but the workload is killer and the stress level is digging into my soul now...I hibernated all weekend...just to recover...I don't know what to do myself...

Just hoping your unemployment is just enough for you to take care of you and still find something that is better suited...Keep us informed...Your health is most important
" Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you're riding through the ruts, don't complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don't bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake up and live."~Bob Marley

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
User avatar
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: USA

Postby Zansi'Vara » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:33 pm

Nepherteri wrote:
After, I so rudely interrupted...I wanted you to know that I am right behind you...I'm at the point to where my job literally makes me sick...but I can't afford to leave...and I love my boss...she's just adorbs...but the workload is killer and the stress level is digging into my soul now...I hibernated all weekend...just to recover...I don't know what to do myself...

Just hoping your unemployment is just enough for you to take care of you and still find something that is better suited...Keep us informed...Your health is most important


Yeah, it's a rough world. I've been perusing Criagslist for stuff nearby, but I'm not sure any of it really fits. I kinda jumped ship and now I'm treading water looking for dry land.
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rwn
Missing In Action...
Posts: 572
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:57 am
Location: Seattle

Postby Rwn » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Holy fucking shit. I just had a old flame reignited... God fucking damnit.

So I watched the big short. I had honestly sort of made myself forget about how much thenamericsn people get fucked. I forced myself to forget about how the greed that ran unchecked fucked me out of the future I had been promised my entire life. I forced myself to forget how the decisions of a few destroyed the entire fucking economy.

I forced myself to forget that people with doctorates were working at McDonald's.

And worst if all I forced myself to forget that we turned around and patted the fuckers on the back and handed them blank checks after they fucked us with sand paper dildos...
Image
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:57 pm

Rwn wrote:Holy fucking shit. I just had a old flame reignited... God fucking damnit.

So I watched the big short. I had honestly sort of made myself forget about how much thenamericsn people get fucked. I forced myself to forget about how the greed that ran unchecked fucked me out of the future I had been promised my entire life. I forced myself to forget how the decisions of a few destroyed the entire fucking economy.

I forced myself to forget that people with doctorates were working at McDonald's.

And worst if all I forced myself to forget that we turned around and patted the fuckers on the back and handed them blank checks after they fucked us with sand paper dildos...


fuckin a PREACH

shitttt, since 2008 my finances just spiraled to the bottom and stayed there. it's hideous how much we got raped.
//grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Kay
grasshopper
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:47 am
Location: Minnesconsin

Postby Kay » Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:29 am

Fucking bronchitis. Every time I take one hit, I'm down for at least two hours. Guys... I fucking fell asleep at work today while the girls were napping. I'm the shitiest nanny ever. Why can't I stop coughing?!? Why must this feel so awful??? :(
Image
Image
User avatar
DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool
Posts: 406
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:24 am
Location: Ottawa

Postby DJ_Darkside » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:55 am

Zansi'Vara wrote:I am currently unemployed, I quit my job about 3 weeks ago, and I am being encouraged to go find a new job, but honestly I just don't have any desire to go back to that. At both of my previous two jobs I just started slipping into worse and worse depressions until finally I had to back out, and when I did, the depression disappeared almost entirely and everything in my world calmed down. Since then, I've been able to get back into my writing, catch up with tons of old friends, and rediscover this amazing community. In my head there's this constant struggle now, between one part of . me yelling that if I don't get a job soon, my finances will fall apart and I will have to completely restructure my life, and the other part just holding up a hand, gesturing to the memories of my last work experiences. I want to do some kind of work to earn money, but everywhere I look I just see the same awful system run by the same awful people, and it seems like there's no escaping it. It's a choice between either hating my life or not being allowed to live it.

I suppose the best word for my condition is, disillusioned.


I hear that. As another topic I posted states, been out of it for a bit over a month now and I'm still delaying getting an actual job. I think your mental heath is more important than your financial health so feel no shame in taking your time.

I'M POOR AS FUCK THO. But in my case I did alot of messing around as a young adult and I guess I've adapted....Or gotten used to being poor? I've dumpster dived. Rolled smokes from butts found in random ashtrays. Begged. Luckily for me I got no strings to hold me down and can pick up and leave at a moments notice. Isn't it sad that I find that "lucky for me"? I was raised in a poor house with a poor mother who hardly there and a father who was a different person every once in a while. I always thought bringing a child into this world was a horrible idea strictly because of the financial burden. It seems smart to me to be able to do anything at anytime and not have someone else rely on you to live because it's hard enough for me to live on my own. Yes I wasn't all that responsible myself in previous years and there is a deep mental reason for that I won't get into right now but I've changed. When I was working I could have totally supported a little human but not without government help at least. Still thought it was a bad idea though. I see all these pictures of my old friends with big smiles and a kid in each arm looking happy as shit for the cameras but when I talk to them they are more often than not miserable as fuck. It didn't used to be like this. All it took was a man to have one job to raise a family in a house with a car and a wife staying at home all her life to raise the children. (not being sexist). It was easy. Everyone did it. Look at us now.
Image

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain
Image

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
Image
/anna hack! :kiss:
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:26 am

so much crazy truth going on in here! DAYUM.

i was going to post something really, really unimportant compared to the rest of ya'll, so i'll just back out slowly "NOPEing" the whole time... O_o

//carry on *fist in the air*
Kay
grasshopper
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:47 am
Location: Minnesconsin

Postby Kay » Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:05 am

I'm sick of people thinking I'm a "pretentious Christian" just because I'm the only one in my church of 3,000 people wearing makeup, a dress, and heels. Fuck OFF! I wear this shit EVERY. SINGLE. FUCKING. DAY. Jesus. Get off my balls and go get laid. Bitches.
Image
Image
User avatar
Philly
adept ninja
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Philly

Postby Philly » Mon May 09, 2016 3:45 am

My last rant was about my s.o. so here's a new one. Its mother's day and our kids are 5yrs & 4mos so its up to dad to get the mothers day present but he spent his last $20 buying himself a case of beer. So I feel bitter as fuck and completely left out. Everyone is bragging about their gifts and he couldn't even get our 5yo to make me a card. I feel so unappreciated
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Image
User avatar
Philly
adept ninja
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Philly

Postby Philly » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:43 pm

New rant from Philly
I think you guys realize I have anger issues but I keep getting reasons. I let my s.o. take my daughter to his drunken sisters house on the promise that he'd be the sober adult. Well he got wasted and spray painted all over the basement while our daughter was upstairs breathing that b.s. in. It was only one night and the fumes probably didn't harm her but its the principle of it. He should have left her home if he couldn't stay sober. Like wtf?
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Image
User avatar
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: NC

Postby Skywalker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:04 pm

Why the fuck is cheerleading so damn expensive!??

The fams have to pay out just under over 600 dollars for my niece to go to cheer/stunt camp, buy shoes, shorts, alt. uniforms, poms, bows, warm-ups, etc., etc., it is bad.

It is not like they keep their uniforms, no they are given back at the end of the year. I am glad that she made it, as I was the odd kid that was not into such things in high school. It is a proud moment that I have helped raise a kid that is not awkward or shy like myself.
Image
User avatar
Psy
Neck Veins & Deep Inner Bellows...
Posts: 1993
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:45 pm
Location: Legendary Shitposter and Junglist.

Postby Psy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:13 pm

Skywalker wrote:Why the fuck is cheerleading so damn expensive!??

The fams have to pay out just under over 600 dollars for my niece to go to cheer/stunt camp, buy shoes, shorts, alt. uniforms, poms, bows, warm-ups, etc., etc., it is bad.

It is not like they keep their uniforms, no they are given back at the end of the year. I am glad that she made it, as I was the odd kid that was not into such things in high school. It is a proud moment that I have helped raise a kid that is not awkward or shy like myself.


Weirdly I know this, because it's run by a monopoly who has something like a 95% market share on cheerleading (and also the ones who keep lobbying to stop it from being a sport and getting public money and regulations to insure the health of the cheerleaders)
Image
User avatar
Philly
adept ninja
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Philly

Postby Philly » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:13 pm

Skywalker wrote:Why the fuck is cheerleading so damn expensive!??

The fams have to pay out just under over 600 dollars for my niece to go to cheer/stunt camp, buy shoes, shorts, alt. uniforms, poms, bows, warm-ups, etc., etc., it is bad.

It is not like they keep their uniforms, no they are given back at the end of the year. I am glad that she made it, as I was the odd kid that was not into such things in high school. It is a proud moment that I have helped raise a kid that is not awkward or shy like myself.


I think they figure if the kids want it bad enough the parents will pay for it
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Image
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Postby girlapaloo » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:05 pm

Philly wrote:My last rant was about my s.o. so here's a new one. Its mother's day and our kids are 5yrs & 4mos so its up to dad to get the mothers day present but he spent his last $20 buying himself a case of beer. So I feel bitter as fuck and completely left out. Everyone is bragging about their gifts and he couldn't even get our 5yo to make me a card. I feel so unappreciated


Philly I'm so sorry you were made to feel that way on Mother's Day. That was pretty inconsiderate behavior.
You are a great person and that won't change no matter what other people do (or neglect to do.) <3
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Image Image
User avatar
Philly
adept ninja
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Philly

Postby Philly » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:36 pm

girlapaloo wrote:
Philly wrote:My last rant was about my s.o. so here's a new one. Its mother's day and our kids are 5yrs & 4mos so its up to dad to get the mothers day present but he spent his last $20 buying himself a case of beer. So I feel bitter as fuck and completely left out. Everyone is bragging about their gifts and he couldn't even get our 5yo to make me a card. I feel so unappreciated


Philly I'm so sorry you were made to feel that way on Mother's Day. That was pretty inconsiderate behavior.
You are a great person and that won't change no matter what other people do (or neglect to do.) <3


Awww thanks I just hope next year is better
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Image
User avatar
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way
Posts: 977
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:55 pm
Location: NC

Postby Skywalker » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:54 pm

Philly wrote:
Skywalker wrote:Why the fuck is cheerleading so damn expensive!??

The fams have to pay out just under over 600 dollars for my niece to go to cheer/stunt camp, buy shoes, shorts, alt. uniforms, poms, bows, warm-ups, etc., etc., it is bad.

It is not like they keep their uniforms, no they are given back at the end of the year. I am glad that she made it, as I was the odd kid that was not into such things in high school. It is a proud moment that I have helped raise a kid that is not awkward or shy like myself.


I think they figure if the kids want it bad enough the parents will pay for it



That is the worst thing that parents can afford to pay for it. None of the girls that have been selected to be team parents can afford to pay it.

They need to fundraisers and other stuff to help pay for cheer/stunt camp. That would save 200 dollars, and allow girls to find and buy their own damn shoes, because they ones that they want are designed for girls, not women. My niece has a size 10 foot, she has issues finding shoes that fit >.<
Image
User avatar
Philly
adept ninja
Posts: 557
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:18 pm
Location: Philly

Postby Philly » Sat Jun 04, 2016 1:46 am

It sucks but I always justify it by saying "at least they're occupied and off drugs." But I'm on a budget and my son is into sports so I know that struggle well.
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Image

Return to “Random”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests