What made you smile?

More laid back off-topic than Culture & Debate... This section is for the mundane, the funny, and the interesting.
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:43 am

Rivoc wrote:smiled when I spotted bank fraud on my account before it got out of control :)

Big smile :D
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

SpectorCorp
the unproven

Postby SpectorCorp » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:16 pm

Smiled when the good damn work men were finally finished doing crap in my house this week. Also it's the first what I would deem to be sunny warm day of the year. So I'm going to engage in some photosynthesis while I can!
Jax
ninja with training wheels

Postby Jax » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:11 pm

My brother randomly skyped me and we had a video chat with my kids. Haven't talked in ages!!! Huge smiles.
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:13 pm

I smiled when I realized I wasn't even mad about picking up little bits of stuffing all over the house, every single day (I don't know where it all comes from sometimes.)

It's just too cute how happy our puppy is, the way he "redecorates" the floor.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Apr 21, 2016 1:14 am

BigMush wrote:
Rivoc wrote:smiled when I spotted bank fraud on my account before it got out of control :)

Big smile :D

Amen Brother!
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:26 pm

Dam riv. :/ Ouch.

I smiled because a long lost friend sent me a selfie - I miss him a lot and I'm glad we're talking again.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:36 pm

The girlfriend woke up at 5 am and before she went back to bed decided to call me just to say hi... Little things like that make me happy
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:47 am

That my fellow Ninjas are finding happiness and I was able to do something nice and positive for our Queen. And seeing/exploring new parts of the board and keeping active in them.
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:24 pm

Listening to my son say "I'm still sleeping, mommy" when it was time to get up this morning. <3
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:41 am

-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:06 am

Finding this:

anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:39 pm

:)
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Oh shit. Sorry guys but I just found this and if I'm not careful, this could just become my personal thread!

Today I was teaching my class about how the Earth was formed. It was great and I absolutely LOVE these kinds of lessons because I get to introduce ideas which intrigue and delight me to the kids I teach (aged 9-11). One boy today was having trouble writing out a vague step-by-step description of how the Earth originally came together. I asked him to ignore what he had written and instead just draw what happened. He went away and sat there completely engaged in what he was doing. He came back several minutes later and showed me what he had done. He had shown that he completely understood what I'd taught him and I told him he'd done an amazing job. His face light up with a big beautiful smile and then trotted back to his table. That made me smile.

girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:06 pm

Aww!
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:22 am

Brewtality wrote:Oh shit. Sorry guys but I just found this and if I'm not careful, this could just become my personal thread!

Today I was teaching my class about how the Earth was formed. It was great and I absolutely LOVE these kinds of lessons because I get to introduce ideas which intrigue and delight me to the kids I teach (aged 9-11). One boy today was having trouble writing out a vague step-by-step description of how the Earth originally came together. I asked him to ignore what he had written and instead just draw what happened. He went away and sat there completely engaged in what he was doing. He came back several minutes later and showed me what he had done. He had shown that he completely understood what I'd taught him and I told him he'd done an amazing job. His face light up with a big beautiful smile and then trotted back to his table. That made me smile.

Those moments SO make it worth it! Little notes, kids telling me they had an F in math every year and they've never understood it so well before.... It's really fulfilling to be a teacher :)

Rock on and keep up the great work Brewtality!!! :flex:
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:29 am

NinjaTeachers FTW!

Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sun May 01, 2016 7:22 am

I cleared the room with a fart
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun May 01, 2016 11:04 am

I woke up.

AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Mon May 02, 2016 3:53 am

That's me! Hee hee!

I smiled because...I love the smell of my son's breath. <3 It's weird, pretty sure it's biological.
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Mon May 02, 2016 3:58 am

Brewtality wrote:Oh shit. Sorry guys but I just found this and if I'm not careful, this could just become my personal thread!

This is amazing, love. I had a physics teacher that would test us in three ways - practically, mathematically, and verbally. As long as you could communicate to him that you understood in one of those ways, you passed. He really made me reconsider, even as a gifted student who never failed in the first place, my entire school career and when I hear and see teachers that are truly invested in their charges' understanding and true growth it makes my heart happy. I was just so happy that someone made a conscious effort to understand these kids.

As the mother of an autistic son I pray that the universe gifts him with teachers who will try to understand him despite obstacles.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon May 02, 2016 4:47 am

AliceElite wrote:

That's me! Hee hee!

I smiled because...I love the smell of my son's breath. <3 It's weird, pretty sure it's biological.

:D
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Tue May 03, 2016 3:45 am

I got flirted with in the coffee shop by a younger girl today. too bad im almost double her age, LOL!!! she had to be 18 or 19. Well dressed nice fresh haircut and clean shaven Rivoc seems to do pretty well for me. Especially dressed in teacher gear. It was like 630am, ut I swear i never saw a girl smile at me like that before. Genuine and stopped a busy line asking me a slew of questions about what I do and where im headed, ha!

out of curiosity, i looked over after the few minutes of prepping my coffee and she didnt look near that happy, til i smiled and waved on my way out and i saw that beautiful genuine smile again :D
ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Tue May 03, 2016 4:18 am

My cinnamon banana latte

Thinking of a certain person

Working on my own business

Practicing baseball with my little cousin
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue May 03, 2016 4:30 am

ImmaculateStiletto wrote:My cinnamon banana latte

Sounds like a good day!
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed May 04, 2016 3:24 am

ImmaculateStiletto wrote:My cinnamon banana latte

That sounds like the making of an incredible day!

Return to “Random”