Google hiring self driving car testers.

More laid back off-topic than Culture & Debate... This section is for the mundane, the funny, and the interesting.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sat May 14, 2016 2:28 am

So it looks like Google is hiring testers for its self driving cars in Phoenix. But you must have a bachelor's degree...

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/52110/google-hiring-self-driving-car-testers-20-hour/

Google is literally saying that I'm not smart enough to ride in a car.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat May 14, 2016 2:50 am

If I was unemployed, id sign up.
AMIT
the unproven

Postby AMIT » Sat May 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Rwn wrote:Google is literally saying that I'm not smart enough to ride in a car.

Hahaha, this made my morning.
"The only people who ever called me a rebel were people who wanted me to do what they wanted." -Nick Nolte
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Mon May 16, 2016 5:36 am

I just find it fucking ridiculous, am I wrong in thinking this requirement is asinine?
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon May 16, 2016 5:51 am

Rwn wrote:I just find it fucking ridiculous, am I wrong in thinking this requirement is asinine?

I get it to a point. The more filters you put in people who can apply, the more likely you'll get a thorough, detained review to the engineer team, and you'll avoid lazy undesirables who just want to sit in a car for cash.

That is good pay. I think they're just trying to avoid picking up people looking for an easy handout. I'm not saying I fully agree with it, but I can see it from their perspective.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Mon May 16, 2016 9:40 am

Honestly if I was them I would only open it to current students or something like that. Instead of requiring a degree they could be helping people who are trying to earn a degree
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri May 20, 2016 6:27 am

I agree 110%. That is brilliant. a clean driving record, and current students!
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun May 22, 2016 8:49 pm

Student teaching was the worst kind of hell, cause you do all the teachers normal work in AND out of the classroom, on top of your college professors assignments/reflections and meet with them, and NO PAY!!!!! how in the royal fuck do they expect people to get through that? 20 hours a week at shit pay at a grocery store during that time...... A google driving gig just for students w clean records would have changed my life!!!!!

the worst part is n oone is even considering anything about what college students go through. 40 hrs in a classroom, 20 hours writing your lesson plans by the universitys guidelines outside of the classroom, 20 hours of work...... i was sleeping 2-3 hours a night and eating fast food all the time cause it saved time and was cheap.

that was hell on Earth and I wouldnt have survived if not for Ninja/Ninja Main at the time. Im just glad im actually using my degree now, and reunited with the community here.

Return to “Random”