each member's personal ninja evo's mission and vision statem

What's going on with Ninja? Read me and find out.

Moderator: NaranjaRa

Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun May 01, 2016 3:06 pm

I hope most of us here have some idea of what we would like to see Ninjaevolution become. Now is the time and this is the thread to put it out for all to see. Speak your truth. Not everything posted here will be used but if you don’t share there is no chance your thoughts will be used.

We are hoping to have a stellar mainsite up in the near future but writing a mission and vision statement can’t all be on Phara’s shoulders. Help her and help us all.

What is your vision of where Evo will be in a month, 3 months, 6 months and how do you think we get there?
Image Image
est 1953

Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun May 01, 2016 4:08 pm

I see the forums as a creative incubator. We have an outlet to bounce ideas concepts and share our work for honest feedback. It does a great job of forcing us to clarify the details of ideas and projects. Nothing stirs the creative force quite like interaction among equals.

In the very long run I’d like to see us as able to provide

1)a for sale gallery of artwork by commission
2)act as a digital publisher and agency for writers
3)provide a platform for film makers to try ideas and be supported throughout production and later develop relationships with independent film outlets
3)music and musicians from honest pier review to publishing composers and performers

I think we need a Food, cooking, wine, liquor and recipes forum. Everybody eats, drinks and has opinions on those things.

So how do we get there?
1)grow our member base.

More later
Image Image
est 1953

AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Mon May 02, 2016 3:46 am

I think for me, my vision for EVO, and I think this spans both the forum and any mainsite we'd have, is to facilitate the creation and growth of other humans and artists, whether that's professionally, creatively, mentally, for profit, for pleasure, however people need to or can grow. I think we do that together, and I think that encompasses things like music platforms and publishing, but it's also the knowledge, skill-sharing, and community that the forum creates.

I think we get there by communicating that opportunity to others and growing our member base, and starting, in small ways, to provide those things.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon May 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Corgimom wrote:I see the forums as a creative incubator. We have an outlet to bounce ideas concepts and share our work for honest feedback. It does a great job of forcing us to clarify the details of ideas and projects. Nothing stirs the creative force quite like interaction among equals.

In the very long run I’d like to see us as able to provide

1)a for sale gallery of artwork by commission
2)act as a digital publisher and agency for writers
3)provide a platform for film makers to try ideas and be supported throughout production and later develop relationships with independent film outlets

I think we need a Food, cooking, wine, liquor and recipes forum. Everybody eats, drinks and has opinions on those things.

So how do we get there?
1)grow our member base.

More later

musicians too.. i know that there are a few out there who have a thing for the music.
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

DJ_Darkside
Chunks of Cool

Postby DJ_Darkside » Mon May 02, 2016 4:35 pm

I see a hub of people dedicated to bringing each other up and helping people grow as a human. A place to be creative and challenged in your views and opinions. A place to train "Ninjas" with our tight little family and evolve talents.

I think we need to be out there on all media platforms promoting the open mind with slight "fuck the man" undertones. This whole talk radio thing needs to happen sooner as well. Maybe we need a "Ninja" Youtube channel.

Freedom of Speech and Expression without the fear of Trolls should be the driving point I think. Differences between posing here and posting on Facebook should be outlined. "The friendly 4Chan" lol to those who know what that is.

What I WANT to do here is encourage people to grow and help them along the way as best I can with constructive criticism and positive reinforcement. Through this I hope to be able to grow myself and learn new things. I also hope to inspire others with my own passions and be inspired, maybe have something strike up a flame in me to find new passions as well.

I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. Kurt Cobain

Spoiler: show
ALL HAIL LIEUTENANT DOCTOR COOLCHUNKIA ESQUIRE THE THIRD JR.!!! Lest she blow chunks of cool up yo asssss!!!
/anna hack! :kiss:
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Mon May 02, 2016 10:57 pm

ink wrote:musicians too.. i know that there are a few out there who have a thing for the music.

My bad of course musicians. I was just rolling on to thought to page trying to think of the big picture but musicians are a big part of the picture!
Image Image
est 1953

anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Mon May 02, 2016 11:35 pm

For the Forum: I'm pretty shit with art, lit, tech, etc. I can however keep the conversation going. I have many questions and will happily give praise to those who wow my eyeballs. Hopefully new people who join in will be more engaged if the conversations don't go stagnant. I can practice talking to people who's faces I can't see and maybe I'll be able to start speaking to humans around me. (Selfish goal - but hey there are a lot of introverts on here I can discuss this with.)
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue May 03, 2016 12:54 am

You are perfect Anynoise. Honest people are hard to come by and a forum like this need about 20 times as many members who hang and have something to say. If everyone here were deeply talented the deeply talented would have very few comments on what they write, say or do.
Image Image
est 1953

bigsexywzp
the unproven

Postby bigsexywzp » Tue May 03, 2016 10:23 am

I see this as a digital community marketplace of sorts. Perhaps a "Silk Road" of ideas and services.

So many people coming together, each of us with our own strengths and weaknesses. Our own likes and dislikes. Offering our skills, or our knowledge, in exchange for the skills and knowledge of others on the board when needed.

Using our collective strength to promote these things online.

Helping our artists (or those important to us) garner YouTube views or helping them gain Twitch or SoundCloud partnership, for example. Enabling them to monetize their passion and effort, which helps give them a bigger platform to promote us in return, drawing more people in.

Becoming a veritable font of knowledge and ideas, culture, debate, and general inclusion, that repudiates the hate and contempt that seems to be growing significantly in the world and online.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue May 03, 2016 1:19 pm

I think silk road has a connotation of illegal activities which we all know are forbidden but I also know that underground websites house numerous tight net bands of friends- some real friends- some not so real- some who will dime- some who will roll. Now I have been through sites closing and being closed by federal agencies. When Counterfeit library out of Singapore was closed it was the passing of 10 of thousands of tutorials on frauds, identity manipulation, cracks hacks, get rich quick things and how to's but no investigation of the forums. The core moderators formed Shadow crew August 2002 - October 2004. The idea that people separated by thousands of miles could collaborate for illegal gain was making its way to the digital age. Under the criminal activities lifetime friendships were made. Those friendships were tried in the fires of federal investigations. I can undertand keeping the 'we are the underground'

We have to be and stay legal. full stop. but yes a fringe market place, font of knowledge

More later.
Image Image
est 1953

bigsexywzp
the unproven

Postby bigsexywzp » Wed May 04, 2016 5:48 am

LOL. I was using that in a historical sense of the Silk Road. The physical one that connected the East (China) to the West (Mediterranean).

A digital network of knowledge, ideas, and organization that we "trade" in the sense that we offer what we know, or our expertise, such as music, art, coding, video game tips, etc. in exchange for someone else's contributions and strengths.

I wasn't intending to bring up the more recent deepweb variation focused on illicit activities.

I should have been a bit more specific. I forget that ideas and names tend to have multiple connotations.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Thu May 05, 2016 4:17 am

Funny that you meant history I went to the internet history.
Image Image
est 1953

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat May 28, 2016 11:18 am

//bump...

Return to “News & Announcements”