COFFEE VS TEA -- THE POLL TO END ALL POLLS

Discuss Current Events, Politics, Theology, Science, Society, Philosophy, Culture, etc. Please stay on-topic. Serious discussions/debates only. No personal attacks.

Coffee or Tea?

 
Total votes: 0
User avatar
BriarRose
Dark Erotic
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:07 pm
Location: Canada

Postby BriarRose » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:06 am

Phara wrote:Without an actual poll.


COFFEE VS TEA.

THE ULTIMATE COMPETITION.



COFFEE BITCHES.


Am I allowed to say coffee in the AM and chai (like the real Indian double boiled with milk on the stove top with actual spices tea...none of this "chai tea" crap!) in the PM?!?
Image

ImageImage
User avatar
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:25 pm
Location: USA

Postby Zansi'Vara » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:16 am

BriarRose wrote:
Phara wrote:Without an actual poll.


COFFEE VS TEA.

THE ULTIMATE COMPETITION.



COFFEE BITCHES.


Am I allowed to say coffee in the AM and chai (like the real Indian double boiled with milk on the stove top with actual spices tea...none of this "chai tea" crap!) in the PM?!?


Oh gods, that sounds incredible. I don't think I've ever had real Chai. Now I wanna go out and make some. Any recipes you can share? :D
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
Kay
grasshopper
Posts: 157
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:47 am
Location: Minnesconsin

Postby Kay » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:40 am

One of my past clients is Indian. She makes the BEST chai ever.
Image
Image
User avatar
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal
Posts: 960
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:20 am
Location: Krynn

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:47 am

why didnt we make this an actual poll? is it still possible? lol, I am addicted to ninja voting.
Image
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hoshiko
the unproven
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:13 pm

Postby Hoshiko » Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:59 am

Tea has more varieties but my goto drink will always be coffee with a smidge of cream.
[url]Twitter.com/WickedPill[/url]
[url]Alysarii.com[/url]
[url]Hitbox.tv/VStar[/url]

Gamer - Streamer - Journalist - Bass head - Modded
User avatar
BriarRose
Dark Erotic
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:07 pm
Location: Canada

Postby BriarRose » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:02 am

Zansi'Vara wrote:
BriarRose wrote:
Phara wrote:Without an actual poll.


COFFEE VS TEA.

THE ULTIMATE COMPETITION.



COFFEE BITCHES.


Am I allowed to say coffee in the AM and chai (like the real Indian double boiled with milk on the stove top with actual spices tea...none of this "chai tea" crap!) in the PM?!?


Oh gods, that sounds incredible. I don't think I've ever had real Chai. Now I wanna go out and make some. Any recipes you can share? :D



This is mine (makes 2-3 MUGS - I don't do those namby bamby teacups):

You will need:

2 teabags (I use Tetley, but really any black tea will do - if you go to an Indian market they may have loose/bagged indian black tea, but it is strong!)
2-3 Mugs of water
Cinnamon (1 - 2 sticks broken up or 1 tsp ground), cloves (2 whole or 1/2 tsp ground), cardamom (2 - 3 pods cracked open), 1/2 tsp ground ginger (optional); sugar (to taste - optional) - some people also use fennel & cumin, feel free to experiment with different spices by making a base recipe (just water, tea & milk) and then steeping your spice selection (keep in mind this will produce a weaker flavour)
Evaporated milk (I prefer the canned stuff for chai, but real milk/cream will do)
Glass stove-top tea pot (again you can find at the Indian store, but also get a heat diffuser!) or small sauce pan with lid

1. On med-high heat, bring water, tea & spices to a boil (if using whole spices I use a tea ball so I don't have to make a mess straining them out)
2. Once the tea has come to a brisk boil, lower heat (to med-low) add evaporated milk (this is to taste, but I like my chai a bit creamier so I put a fair amount - the tea should look like this: Image.
3. Bring the tea to a boil again and once it's boiled for a few minutes (depending on how strong you like it) you can turn the heat off and add sugar if you like (and more milk/cream as well). At this point I take my tea ball (spices) out and let the chai steep a little further on the cooling element. You can serve right away if you prefer or leave the spices in if you like a stronger flavour.

This method produces a strong tea with a med-light spice flavour; adjust as you see fit :)

Happy Sipping!
Image

ImageImage
User avatar
Gwenno
Amigwenumi
Posts: 427
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:10 am
Location: Wherever I am
Contact:

Postby Gwenno » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:55 am

Bhahahaha, Right now Coffee, in the afternoon herbal tea, after dinner coffee again :D
But I have to say, I can not live or function without tea.... Herbal tea has a purpose for me. But I do get extremely cranky when I don't get my coffee.....
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:
User avatar
Charmosa
God
Posts: 116
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:40 am
Contact:

Postby Charmosa » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Tea is bits of tree plus hot water, therefore coffee is tea, it's just more specific. Drink on that!

But seriously lapsang souchong tastes like a campfire and needs to be more available.
User avatar
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.
Posts: 856
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:21 pm
Location: Intermountain West

Postby cerrodepedro » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:52 pm

I'm at Starbucks. I'm bungling in here among the people who might as well be doing yoga (skillfully and capitalistically and shit) with my 15-in lappy with its unwieldy Pelican case and all the wires and shit. Knocked over my drink. I think I'm a stay home and make coffee and sit in a corner sort of person now.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Image
Image
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Postby girlapaloo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:08 pm

Charmosa wrote:Tea is bits of tree plus hot water, therefore coffee is tea, it's just more specific. Drink on that!

But seriously lapsang souchong tastes like a campfire and needs to be more available.


I have not heard of this. And I like tea.

/googling
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Shumaza
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:42 am

Postby Shumaza » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:23 pm

there's still no competition.... coffee.. always. coffee

Image
Image

Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners
Posts: 9775
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:46 am
Location: A Comfy Chair
Contact:

Postby Pawly » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:08 pm

POLL ADDED (sun)
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
anynoise
novice ninja
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:42 am
Location: Oregon

Postby anynoise » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:58 pm

Coffee is my Addiction
Tea is my Cure
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
User avatar
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!
Posts: 2006
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:13 am

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:09 pm

Image
Image
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Image

Image Image
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:02 am

I have to go coffee. It makes my morning, each and every morning. On a hit afternoon I love iced coffee. I can't get enough!
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Corgimom
3 hours later...
Posts: 1031
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:23 am

Postby Corgimom » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:19 pm

Charmosa wrote:Tea is bits of tree plus hot water, therefore coffee is tea, it's just more specific. Drink on that!

But seriously lapsang souchong tastes like a campfire and needs to be more available.


Just to be precise- coffee is a bean/seed. Typical tea is a leaf. A few herbal teas are bark or root.
Image Image
Image
est 1953


Image
anynoise
novice ninja
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:42 am
Location: Oregon

Postby anynoise » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:36 pm

I feel like this thread could morph into your preferred coffee or tea choices. Recommendations needed. What are sucking down fervently these days? Also, is espresso included in the coffee family? I would think so but my favorite list has now widened. I'm going to have to think on my own question.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:45 pm

anynoise wrote:I feel like this thread could morph into your preferred coffee or tea choices. Recommendations needed. What are sucking down fervently these days? Also, is espresso included in the coffee family? I would think so but my favorite list has now widened. I'm going to have to think on my own question.


I agree we should start adding types, or maybe in another thread. This was so close cause I enjoy both but, I can function without tea, but I cannot function without coffee.

Dunkin Donuts is my favorite. I really enjoy any "Donut Shop Blend" flavors or Irish cream flavors. I had a crime brûlée flavor coffee that rocked too.

If you're doing it right, you use a French press. It comes out SO SILKY SMOOTH and tastes so pure and rich and amazing, words am can't even do the difference justice vs a regular coffee pot. BUT when using a French press, the mist important thing is YOU CANNOT SIP THE LAST SIP OF YOUR CUP!!!!!! That is, unless you want coffee ground in your mouth. A lot of them.

The last sip was always my favorite part of the coffee, but I must say, the flavor and texture difference is so ducking ANAZING out of tgat French press, you'll learn to deal with it and just stop when there's a mouthful left. For some reason it's a nevcessary evil - like seeds in a watermelon (fuck you seedless watermelon!!!!! You have seeds!!!!! There just smaller and white now, fucking lying white asshole seeds!!!!)
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
anynoise
novice ninja
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:42 am
Location: Oregon

Postby anynoise » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:13 am

Rivoc wrote: For some reason it's a nevcessary evil - like seeds in a watermelon (fuck you seedless watermelon!!!!! You have seeds!!!!! There just smaller and white now, fucking lying white asshole seeds!!!!)


LOL!

Coffee: Currently Seattle's Best - Level 3 Medium & Balanced. I use milk and sugar sometimes. If I use creamer it's usually non-fat vanilla. For anything latte related I go to a coffee shop. Hot or Iced - Gigantic non-fat, no flavor or sweeteners. Shamefully I usually go to Starbucks because I can walk there from my apartment but there are many many awesome coffee houses in Portland.

Tea: Right now Stash - Peach Black Tea. Or, Steven Smith Teamaker - Fez (green tea). At home loose leaf Twinnings mostly - all sorts, ummm fav? Earl Grey?

I don't own a french press right now but I'll buy another one soon. I also learned how to make cold press coffee. It tastes great but it's a huge pain in the ass. That is something I'm sure a french press could come in handy for.

Wow, that was a long answer.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Jax
ninja with training wheels
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:33 am

Postby Jax » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:38 am

The only kind of coffee I like is a Coffee Crisp and they don't sell them in Oz, so TEA wins!
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:30 am

anynoise wrote:
Rivoc wrote: For some reason it's a nevcessary evil - like seeds in a watermelon (fuck you seedless watermelon!!!!! You have seeds!!!!! There just smaller and white now, fucking lying white asshole seeds!!!!)


LOL!

Coffee: Currently Seattle's Best - Level 3 Medium & Balanced. I use milk and sugar sometimes. If I use creamer it's usually non-fat vanilla. For anything latte related I go to a coffee shop. Hot or Iced - Gigantic non-fat, no flavor or sweeteners. Shamefully I usually go to Starbucks because I can walk there from my apartment but there are many many awesome coffee houses in Portland.

Tea: Right now Stash - Peach Black Tea. Or, Steven Smith Teamaker - Fez (green tea). At home loose leaf Twinnings mostly - all sorts, ummm fav? Earl Grey?

I don't own a french press right now but I'll buy another one soon. I also learned how to make cold press coffee. It tastes great but it's a huge pain in the ass. That is something I'm sure a french press could come in handy for.

Wow, that was a long answer.


And a great detailed thoughtful meaningful one at that! I love those kind of answers!!!!! :sun:
I'm going to have to look up Coke press coffee in YouTube. Sounds right up my alley, especially for these brutal Vegas summers.
I forgot to mention the best tea I've ever consumed was an "organic purple plum" from republic of tea. I bought it from the coffee bar at Wegmans when I worked there, when I had a cold. That was fucking flavorful and delicious to the max. Now they have Wegmans stores with an entire tea bar where you can sit at a bar and drink your tea. Exclusive for tea!

There's also a fancy ass tea place here in Town Square in Vegas, I don't remember the name but a large coffee sized tea is like 6$. HOLY SHIT is it ever good! To buy some to take home, it's expensive. Like 22$+ for not a lot, expensive.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
anynoise
novice ninja
Posts: 341
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:42 am
Location: Oregon

Postby anynoise » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Yum. We have a tea bar at New Season's (super fancy health food grocer with many elitist a-hole shoppers) but I've never sat down at the tea counter. I will put organic purple plum on my list. I go on fruity flavored tea kicks a lot.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
User avatar
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder
Posts: 1084
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 am
Location: Vegas
Contact:

Postby Rivoc » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:16 am

^ I agree! when it comes to tea, i think the fruity flavors have more taste. that could just be because im a tea noob. The fruity ones just have the most flavor, so I keep getting them when I have a cold or I see a place known for great tea.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SpectorCorp
the unproven
Posts: 39
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:24 am
Location: Ireland

Postby SpectorCorp » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:12 am

I like both throughout the day. I mix it up. I would have been strongly coffee a while ago but enjoy both. Earl Grey is damn nice
Image
bigsexywzp
the unproven
Posts: 32
Joined: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:08 pm

Postby bigsexywzp » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:33 am

I go both ways, but I primarily mainline coffee.

Return to “C&D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest