Ninja Forum vs The Facebook

Discuss Current Events, Politics, Theology, Science, Society, Philosophy, Culture, etc. Please stay on-topic. Serious discussions/debates only. No personal attacks.
Syreeta
grasshopper

Postby Syreeta » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:22 pm

This is a very valuable discussion.

I've been studying the beast a long time, suffered for it even.

Its fascinating on a broader sense of how its really fucking people, re routing peoples brains, and it's definately got nefarious intent in my opinion
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:25 pm

Syreeta wrote:something I wrote spontaneously as a bit of a vent on facebook recently, I have had a love/hate relationship with that medium a long long time.

stage left, some whimsy ~

facebook is a land of its own and it seems to have little room for poetic licence or heart prose, my own language morphs from how I speak into something hideous, vocabulary lost, conversation nil, exploration empty, time wasted, personality watered, passion dulled, depth erased, not even a shadow of life, the beast of this machine chewing people up and dumbing them down into tabloid fodder.

Shallows

its no reflection on people, its built that way, a chew em up and spit them out 'society', a false construct where few breathe or show presence.

including myself, why would I want to put my soul on the line? In a place like this.

I can't imagine anyone thinking they 'know' you from these spaces where so little is given, where even the deep is a painted reality.

If you're not writing for yourself, write for no one.

If you can't write truth, say nothing

if you need an audience leave the stage

The best is allways in the wings anyway, when the halls are emptied and the costumes are seen frayed, torn, shabby under bright lights, and the makeup is melting off.

When the actors are themselves, alive in the sweat of fear or ecstasies, the pains of human frailties, or momentary glories and exultations.

^^ yes! wax poetic truth! i dig this
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:42 pm

z0mbie wrote:One thing that's pisses me off is the same news article is liked and shared what 8 times a day? From different sources

And it's probably not true anyway.

"This soldier came back from Iraq and tried to get a job. But he couldn't because all of the jobs were taken by Polish immigrants. Now he lives on the streets. Share if you think this is a national disgrace."

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:01 pm

Facebook is a tool; It has no intentions. It's all about how you use it. There is nothing stopping you from using it as a proper social networking tool to share exactly what you want, when you want with who you want. It became what it is because people are generally shitty assholes. I mean look at Microsoft's latest AI debacle, Tay. They had to shut it down within about 24 hours because it became a slutty, incestuous, Hitler loving racist... Why? Because it interacted with people on Twitter and learn it's behaviors from them.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:59 am

i don't think "people" are shitty assholes, but their online personas often are. that's a product of the whole Me Society, the one that godifies celebrity, the one that has 4 year olds wanting to get nose-jobs and be "stars".

and social media has given everyone a tool to star in their own Me Show...

and it brings out the darker, ugly natures of humankind, in the way gladiator arenas did.
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:03 am

there are little consequences to what people do to each other online.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:48 am

literally re-created the Douche of the Day thread because of the below

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:01 pm

g'dammit, it's an insidious piece of shit.

syreeta you're a poet.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:57 pm

we even hate Farcebook behind the scenes. ahem:

[1:54:14 PM] nanna bot: we NEED credible info. enough facebook memes that are completely fake getting passed around for years. that's another reason why this is so good to have the forum again...
[1:54:22 PM] Jamie (Ink): yes I want to make an effort to exercise my intellect
[1:54:33 PM] Jamie (Ink): yes!
[1:55:05 PM] nanna bot: same here. i love learning in this arena. everyone is so inspiring in their own way. so much comes through in the words on these boards...
[1:55:31 PM] Jamie (Ink): because they are, for the most part, genuine
[1:56:46 PM] Jamie (Ink): FB to me, was just like another mask, but one had the ability to alter the perception
[1:57:14 PM] Jamie (Ink): i like the option to choose to reveal yourself, here, on your own terms
[1:57:23 PM] Jamie (Ink): its realer
[1:57:37 PM] Jamie (Ink): haha not a word, but you digz
[1:57:46 PM] z0mbie: I liked it cause really old friends would find me but then realise nobody actually says anything to you
[1:57:55 PM] Jamie (Ink): hahaha
[1:57:58 PM] Jamie (Ink): dude
[1:58:07 PM] nanna bot: omfg perfect lololol
[1:58:23 PM] Jamie (Ink): how can we bump into each other and not even acknowledge..
[1:58:40 PM] Jamie (Ink): then be all, "this is what i ate last night.."
[1:58:59 PM] z0mbie: I acknowledge your nice new house, your pet
[1:59:02 PM] nanna bot: we just become little marks on each others' belts. oh look i have 8965 friends! im so awesome!!!
[1:59:09 PM] z0mbie: And brands you like
[1:59:26 PM] nanna bot: lemme go "Like" Walmart's page ooooh!
[1:59:29 PM | Edited 1:59:56 PM] Jamie (Ink): like i know what you eat because you showed me, and i seen you in the store and you didn't even make eye contact
[1:59:32 PM] Jamie (Ink): lol
[1:59:38 PM] nanna bot: lol
[1:59:40 PM] z0mbie: Haha
[1:59:54 PM] nanna bot: im gonna cnp this whole convo somewhere dammit
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:23 pm

Look how I found awesome ass DJ Darkside. Son... we can talk to people here in a way that FB will never get.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:50 pm

Feydakin wrote:Facebook is a tool; It has no intentions. It's all about how you use it. There is nothing stopping you from using it as a proper social networking tool to share exactly what you want, when you want with who you want. It became what it is because people are generally shitty assholes. I mean look at Microsoft's latest AI debacle, Tay. They had to shut it down within about 24 hours because it became a slutty, incestuous, Hitler loving racist... Why? Because it interacted with people on Twitter and learn it's behaviors from them.

I had not heard about Tay (been under a rock for a few years I guess); that story is a little funny but also very sad to me at the same time. It also reminds me of the creepy AI in Ex Machina - whose intelligence was gathered from the internet.

I had the best intentions when I joined Facebook but the more my posts got hijacked by negative people, randos and narcissists who simply enjoy abusing people, the less I bothered to post anything. Even people I considered my friends would comment with passive aggressive downers and insults, and then pick fights with other commenters. WTF. My account was actually deactivated a while back, but then I adopted a rescue dog. The group that rescues the animals is so awesome that I got back on FB just so I could support their page and share updates of our puppy with other members. That's about it.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:59 am

//cleaned :)
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:07 am

In a society where some form of anonymity is given and an investment is not required the evil within will always come forth.

Atleast thats my stance in trolls
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:33 am

Son. I'm so done. No one talks to us like this anymore.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:16 am

lolololol

I'm so happy Phara is back. Fucking Hana is an alter ego. Weak and quiet. Stupid bitch. Eating trash for no reason.

NUH UH.... IT'S A WRAP. THE QUEEN IS BACK AND SHE KNOWS SHE'S BETTER THAN THESE TROLLS ANY DAY.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:28 am

They just can't and won't produce shit. They think they're entitled to everything they have. They're CONSUMERS. They CONSUME AND CONSUME AND TAKE AND TAKE and aren't familiar with the fact that there is an entire group of people actually PRODUCING. People who feel entitled to nothing but what they MAKE. They sit comfortably on the backs of others, but the time will come for them when they weep for the uselessness they've foisted on the world.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:52 am

cerrodepedro wrote:They just can't and won't produce shit. They think they're entitled to everything they have. They're CONSUMERS. They CONSUME AND CONSUME AND TAKE AND TAKE and aren't familiar with the fact that there is an entire group of people actually PRODUCING. People who feel entitled to nothing but what they MAKE. They sit comfortably on the backs of others, but the time will come for them when they weep for the uselessness they've foisted on the world.

//NAILED IT
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:18 am

fantastic

I know this thread should be more discussion based because it's in CnD but tbh, fb doesnt even deserve debate. A picture says a 1000 words.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:43 pm

Speaking of shit that doesn't really add to the world, these are some of my feelings:

What I mean by Tumblr robot activism, or as Phara accurately describes it, FACEBOOK BULLSHIT
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:19 pm

Name a social media outlet...I'm on it. Each has a different little niche of ways to communicate. FB has become annoying AF.

Admittedly I absolutely love Instagram. To me a photograph represents so much more than words sometimes. Then again, I also post pictures of my breakfast. Wouldn't want to reveal my level of intellect or lack of it...I prefer to fall somewhere between being a pretentious asshole and a naive idiot.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:31 pm

/bump

Would love to hear more opinions on Forum Life vs. Facebook
Spoiler: show
Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:22 am

ok here is a story for one of my few past experiences with FB..

first, you need context:
during the time when the idea of a forum seemed to fade away and i drank the facebook koolaid, i was getting close to leaving i remember. i was getting particularily sick of the narcissim, the empty likes and the even more superficial conversation. so i decided to change up my tendencies and engage and post with a purpose, something meaningful. so i would read up on local and state news and target my posts. at that particular time, there was a bit of a crisis emerging in regards to the truth about the water shutoffs in Detriot. Now Detriot is not far (1.5 hrs.) from my own community, so you can understand how one could use this as an opportunity to become active and at least try to get people to care, or at the very least, a dialog. now mind you, this was right during the hieght of the ice bucket challenge.. (rollseyes) and i thought why not put together a satire comic to shine a light on this problem while everyone is out dumping water on themselves for a cause. genius, right?! wrong! :| i got a few likes, i think, maybe a comment, i bumped it once, and then it was buried and forgotten.. it was a wrap. i mean, i understand how fb is a tool, but tool was not designed to elevate any pursuit other than vain pursuits in my eyes. it is just a trap, to introduce for complacent and naive people to kind of fall into, where the soul eventually dies from nothingness. but yea, that might be a little harsh. i just feel like its just one of many black holes on the internet. it is leterally a vacuum..

anyway, here's the comic.

*off topic, btw you can still donate if anyne feels so inclined.
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:58 am

CUNTS. :)
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:21 am

It's a lot more fun AND stimulates my intelligence to post on here vs. Facebook. only reason i have FB is to keep in touch with long lost friends. Most of it is "Read my overly biased article and how everything that doesnt agree with it, is bullshit!"

Im glad you gave me the "wake up" a couple weeks ago.

The threads - the talent, the polls, the lists, the witty responses and the fun old bullshit, and THE TALENT!!!!111!!1!!1oneone!!11

So much more than one can ever hope to get on fb. Better people, better intelligence, better everything.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:26 am

This needed sharing. Convo with a Ninja God - horrificmedium. I put spaces between where we switch off in convo. Hope it makes sense.

HORRIFICMEDIUM:
Babe I was talking to my friend who runs a music blog and it's making her ill
The pressure of posting

QUEEN PHARA:
i know the feeling well
so what though ash
i have the ability to change shit
am i supposed to be all ... boo hoo my belly hurts?
i just need to focus more on ninja
and less on huffington post

Oh fuck huffpost

it's an example
i mean the politics

No no fuck huff. AOL stooges

all day
they're trash
the minute they sold to aol they went downhill
proabably why i get ragey
contributes
i dont think people get it
and in a way
i dont give a shit
what im talking about with 3vo is next level
i have god status on the net

Wait what's that

i just give zero fucks most days
evolution
3vo

HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING
ffs

ofc you have
you're not around

Grr
Okay

*shrug*
its okay ash
i understand
you're doing big things too
but whatever

Tryin tryin

dont tell me about hurt bellies
when i'm trying to change the actual web
i'm a sun
i have some kind of fuckin charisma
that people flock to
fuck if i understand it
but its a reality
if i show up every fuckin day
3vo never dies

People fly to the flame

and it blows up
and it becomes the counter to this facebook garbage
this shit that people call social media
i make it about community instead of the way fb made it about the individual and clickbait and pure disgusting
those that see that clearly, are with me every day
and members are joining every day
it hits a tipping point and it blows
we're working on projects behind the scenes as well
and thats the end
fb wont ever fuckin die
but we can be a mega counter
let fb be for trolls and trash and the ignorant
i'll take everyone else off this piece of shit platform and bring them to 3vo
if that cunt zuckerburg can change the world off a website based on fucking RATING BITCHES
we can do it off the notion of basic fucking decency and community
and when we blow, the assholes will come streaming out of the woodworks
and i will laugh at their late asses and tell them to go play in spam
no one will come near me
feel me?
i live and breathe this shit again

True revolutions are slow, steady, stalking

thats what they fucking demanded

So yea I feel you

which is why i have to show up every day
every fucking day
as long as im there
it'll grow
it wasnt the mainsite apparently
no one could hold the forum and the community together but me
fuck it
fine
then lets do it right
every. fuckin. day.
net changed.

People need their leader
i tried to give em others
candee came the closest
but it just doesnt exist

Others ain't you
so ok, i'll use my fuckin flame
and lets do something worth a damn
that they cant fuckin take away this time

The mythology of Phara0hess

<3 i swear i have no idea why really

It's a powerful thing

i'm just a funny broad that gives a bit of a shit

Because of that wall you literally just wrote. Who else has that AND a command over technology
No one

lol, complete luddite

Fucking sorcery is what it is

running joke on ninja haha
but i am the nerd whisperer
and i do hold the magicians numbers
its in my numerology

Fuck off, you held up the biggest shit the Internet ever saw

strange
i did, but i dont code
i dont do any of that
barely turn this bitch on