Ninja Forum vs The Facebook

Discuss Current Events, Politics, Theology, Science, Society, Philosophy, Culture, etc. Please stay on-topic. Serious discussions/debates only. No personal attacks.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:42 am

ink wrote:ok here is a story for one of my few past experiences with FB..

first, you need context:
during the time when the idea of a forum seemed to fade away and i drank the facebook koolaid, i was getting close to leaving i remember. i was getting particularily sick of the narcissim, the empty likes and the even more superficial conversation. so i decided to change up my tendencies and engage and post with a purpose, something meaningful. so i would read up on local and state news and target my posts. at that particular time, there was a bit of a crisis emerging in regards to the truth about the water shutoffs in Detriot. Now Detriot is not far (1.5 hrs.) from my own community, so you can understand how one could use this as an opportunity to become active and at least try to get people to care, or at the very least, a dialog. now mind you, this was right during the hieght of the ice bucket challenge.. (rollseyes) and i thought why not put together a satire comic to shine a light on this problem while everyone is out dumping water on themselves for a cause. genius, right?! wrong! :| i got a few likes, i think, maybe a comment, i bumped it once, and then it was buried and forgotten.. it was a wrap. i mean, i understand how fb is a tool, but tool was not designed to elevate any pursuit other than vain pursuits in my eyes. it is just a trap, to introduce for complacent and naive people to kind of fall into, where the soul eventually dies from nothingness. but yea, that might be a little harsh. i just feel like its just one of many black holes on the internet. it is leterally a vacuum..

anyway, here's the comic.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2rm62b4.jpg

*off topic, btw you can still donate if anyne feels so inclined.

This... This is brilliant. Clearly it will probably be lost on the ninja video Facebook as well, but at least we have 13 thousand members. It's shit like this that reminds me exactly why you are so fucking important to the world
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:45 am

Phara wrote:This needed sharing. Convo with a Ninja God - horrificmedium. I put spaces between where we switch off in convo. Hope it makes sense.

HORRIFICMEDIUM:
Babe I was talking to my friend who runs a music blog and it's making her ill
The pressure of posting

QUEEN PHARA:
i know the feeling well
so what though ash
i have the ability to change shit
am i supposed to be all ... boo hoo my belly hurts?
i just need to focus more on ninja
and less on huffington post

Oh fuck huffpost

it's an example
i mean the politics

No no fuck huff. AOL stooges

all day
they're trash
the minute they sold to aol they went downhill
proabably why i get ragey
contributes
i dont think people get it
and in a way
i dont give a shit
what im talking about with 3vo is next level
i have god status on the net

Wait what's that

i just give zero fucks most days
evolution
3vo

HAVE I MISSED SOMETHING
ffs

ofc you have
you're not around

Grr
Okay

*shrug*
its okay ash
i understand
you're doing big things too
but whatever

Tryin tryin

dont tell me about hurt bellies
when i'm trying to change the actual web
i'm a sun
i have some kind of fuckin charisma
that people flock to
fuck if i understand it
but its a reality
if i show up every fuckin day
3vo never dies

People fly to the flame

and it blows up
and it becomes the counter to this facebook garbage
this shit that people call social media
i make it about community instead of the way fb made it about the individual and clickbait and pure disgusting
those that see that clearly, are with me every day
and members are joining every day
it hits a tipping point and it blows
we're working on projects behind the scenes as well
and thats the end
fb wont ever fuckin die
but we can be a mega counter
let fb be for trolls and trash and the ignorant
i'll take everyone else off this piece of shit platform and bring them to 3vo
if that cunt zuckerburg can change the world off a website based on fucking RATING BITCHES
we can do it off the notion of basic fucking decency and community
and when we blow, the assholes will come streaming out of the woodworks
and i will laugh at their late asses and tell them to go play in spam
no one will come near me
feel me?
i live and breathe this shit again

True revolutions are slow, steady, stalking

thats what they fucking demanded

So yea I feel you

which is why i have to show up every day
every fucking day
as long as im there
it'll grow
it wasnt the mainsite apparently
no one could hold the forum and the community together but me
fuck it
fine
then lets do it right
every. fuckin. day.
net changed.

People need their leader
i tried to give em others
candee came the closest
but it just doesnt exist

Others ain't you
so ok, i'll use my fuckin flame
and lets do something worth a damn
that they cant fuckin take away this time

The mythology of Phara0hess

<3 i swear i have no idea why really

It's a powerful thing

i'm just a funny broad that gives a bit of a shit

Because of that wall you literally just wrote. Who else has that AND a command over technology
No one

lol, complete luddite

Fucking sorcery is what it is

running joke on ninja haha
but i am the nerd whisperer
and i do hold the magicians numbers
its in my numerology

Fuck off, you held up the biggest shit the Internet ever saw

strange
i did, but i dont code
i dont do any of that
barely turn this bitch on
but i'm good at people
i see them
and i bring them close when they're worth a damn
not cuz of what they can do
but bc they're worth a damn
and then they give me what they do
it's strange but it works

Tru

Requoted so it doesn't get lost because of page turn over
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:33 am

[11:23:40 PM] Pawly: THIS! This is facebook! https://45.media.tumblr.com/a8c3ca88d8be4d4d281efbba1d99209b/tumblr_o6dg26LJtc1u3et4mo1_500.gif
<snip>
[11:25:25 PM] Phara: OMFG PAWLY
[11:25:26 PM] Phara: OMFG
[11:25:28 PM] Phara: HYSTERICS
[11:25:34 PM] Phara: (cwl)
[11:25:44 PM] Phara: THAT!
[11:25:48 PM] Phara: THAT IS FB
[11:25:51 PM] Phara: lolololol
[11:25:55 PM] nanna bot: that is brilliant dude
[11:25:56 PM] Phara: i cant right now, hysterics
[11:26:22 PM] Pawly: i wish i could take credit for it
[11:26:39 PM] Phara: great either way lololol
[11:26:43 PM] Phara: perfect find sensei
[11:27:08 PM] Pawly: (bow)
[11:27:13 PM] nanna bot: (sun)
[11:27:16 PM] Phara: (ninja)
[11:27:42 PM] ink: Wow perfect
[11:27:47 PM] Phara: hahahaha lolol
[11:28:05 PM] ink: //like
[11:28:20 PM] ink: (cwl)
[11:28:28 PM] Pawly: lol
[11:28:32 PM] Pawly: //share
[11:28:51 PM] ink: Hahahaa
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun May 01, 2016 4:49 pm

//liked

:lol: ...oh the irony
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ImmaculateStiletto
ninja with training wheels

Postby ImmaculateStiletto » Sun May 08, 2016 3:08 am

NINJA all the way! I finally have a place where I can write real stuff and people actually respond with real conversation or real comments back. It's not superficial. It's not a bunch of people with a million selfies that are of no importance to the world. Or people posting fist fights or just dumb right altogether. This is a place where people really think and come to a meeting of real minds. FB has also made a lot of people thugs. They will hide behind the mask and say whatever they want because they know if they were in the person's face they wouldn't say half the shit. Also, you can have a real solid debate. No one is going to come at another's character because the person doesn't agree with them. If you don't like something on FB lord all of a sudden, you are every negative thing under the sun.

This is a place of discussion, of a meeting of the minds, where I don't feel that my IQ goes down a level because all that is posted is fight videos, or just ignorant ass comments spewed out by people who have no clue what is going on in the world. You guys are a group of people where I feel I can learn and grow, and actually have fun with people who have a conscience.

SO YEAH NINJA WAY ABOVE AND BEYONG FAKEBOOK!!!
Have a Blessed Day
Hugs N Kisses :)
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun May 08, 2016 4:16 am

ImmaculateStiletto wrote:They will hide behind the mask and say whatever they want because they know if they were in the person's face they wouldn't say half the shit.
SO YEAH NINJA WAY ABOVE AND BEYONG FAKEBOOK!!!

The Queen wasn't wrong when she told us about you! About people who hide: People simply don't have the option to be all that cowardly here if they want to get much out of the community, but I'm sure you're noticing that!
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun May 08, 2016 4:16 am

ImmaculateStiletto wrote:NINJA all the way! I finally have a place where I can write real stuff and people actually respond with real conversation or real comments back. It's not superficial. It's not a bunch of people with a million selfies that are of no importance to the world. Or people posting fist fights or just dumb right altogether. This is a place where people really think and come to a meeting of real minds. FB has also made a lot of people thugs. They will hide behind the mask and say whatever they want because they know if they were in the person's face they wouldn't say half the shit. Also, you can have a real solid debate. No one is going to come at another's character because the person doesn't agree with them. If you don't like something on FB lord all of a sudden, you are every negative thing under the sun.

This is a place of discussion, of a meeting of the minds, where I don't feel that my IQ goes down a level because all that is posted is fight videos, or just ignorant ass comments spewed out by people who have no clue what is going on in the world. You guys are a group of people where I feel I can learn and grow, and actually have fun with people who have a conscience.

SO YEAH NINJA WAY ABOVE AND BEYOND FAKEBOOK!!!

this post makes me so happy. <3
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue May 10, 2016 7:07 pm

As much as I care not for facebook it remains our point of contact for 13,000 people so in all our hate let us remember to read, like and share from https://www.facebook.com/NinjaVideoForum/ It talks 3 secinds to like and share and there are quite a few family friendly memes there.
Image Image
est 1953

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Wed May 11, 2016 3:27 am

Corgimom wrote:As much as I care not for facebook it remains our point of contact for 13,000 people so in all our hate let us remember to read, like and share from It talks 3 secinds to like and share and there are quite a few family friendly memes there.

TRUTH. ALSO THIS. Although we bitch all day about it, it doesnt mean that the nv fb should ever be ignored.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Thu May 26, 2016 1:15 pm

“Guess it's high time we add the 8th vow in marriage promising that we shall spend time with our husband or wife more than with social networking sites!”
? Manasa Rao Saarloos
Image Image
est 1953

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat May 28, 2016 11:39 am

Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sat May 28, 2016 1:19 pm

I have some pretty educated memorial day memes in the wings.
Image Image
est 1953

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat May 28, 2016 9:26 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:Image

:lol:

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Mon May 30, 2016 8:33 am

Im so sick of seeing everyone post family pics, food pics, or complain about the government or some stupid bullshit in their life that they dont want to really fix. I cant take much fb anymore. I pretty much stopped posting. I did post the meal i was very proud of as it was my frist time a couple months ago, and some cool concert pics/footage. thats about all i do on there anymore. its fucking useless unless I want to be annoyed. its real good at that.
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:50 am

ugh... today was brutal
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Re: Ninja Forum vs The Facebook

Postby ink » Fri Sep 02, 2016 2:15 am

as much as it makes me sick to my stomach.. part of me feels like facecrack is winning. complacency has crept in and many of us bow to engaging and communicating with each other via their terms and their filters.. also, i read some news that the trending news has replaced all of their human components with an algorithm, that is based solely off of popular web news... now you will be 'officially' spoon feed your trends without having to even choose. yup, 1 point for FB!

//puke

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:40 pm

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Re:

Postby ink » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:57 am

Pawly wrote:[11:23:40 PM] Pawly: THIS! This is facebook! Image
<snip>
[11:25:25 PM] Phara: OMFG PAWLY
[11:25:26 PM] Phara: OMFG
[11:25:28 PM] Phara: HYSTERICS
[11:25:34 PM] Phara: (cwl)
[11:25:44 PM] Phara: THAT!
[11:25:48 PM] Phara: THAT IS FB
[11:25:51 PM] Phara: lolololol
[11:25:55 PM] nanna bot: that is brilliant dude
[11:25:56 PM] Phara: i cant right now, hysterics
[11:26:22 PM] Pawly: i wish i could take credit for it
[11:26:39 PM] Phara: great either way lololol
[11:26:43 PM] Phara: perfect find sensei
[11:27:08 PM] Pawly: (bow)
[11:27:13 PM] nanna bot: (sun)
[11:27:16 PM] Phara: (ninja)
[11:27:42 PM] ink: Wow perfect
[11:27:47 PM] Phara: hahahaha lolol
[11:28:05 PM] ink: //like
[11:28:20 PM] ink: (cwl)
[11:28:28 PM] Pawly: lol
[11:28:32 PM] Pawly: //share
[11:28:51 PM] ink: Hahahaa

aaah beautiful.. /rotfl

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:58 am

man im baised! :)

cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:51 am

Important things wrote:[9/17/2016 10:48:38] Phara: respect the meritocracy
[9/17/2016 10:48:38] ink: yes
[9/17/2016 10:48:45] Phara: you want to play individual only
[9/17/2016 10:48:49] Phara: GET OUT
[9/17/2016 10:48:51] Phara: don't care
[9/17/2016 10:48:55] Phara: everything else is bullshit

In the same discussion the Queen mentioned that we're fighting individualism in a collection of cultures that have come to discard most of their community fetters. This challenge, oddly enough, on the individual level, is unique to some of us who attempted to form communities in individualistic spaces, like groups on the aforementioned Facebook that masqueraded as something other than a bunch of people digitally masturbating and attempting to find some meaning and significance (JP Sears, an Internet personality famous for absurdist social commentary, said something about people in narcissistic relationships, both the narcissist and the person feeding them, as suffering from an acute fear of insignificance).

This has been especially the case in places where social issues in general are discussed, whether they're folks OSTENSIBLY pushing for egalitarian ends, or human garbage devoted to propping up the cyclical bullshit that has found itself in most civilizations in our history, or all the people in between, including hobbyists and such. I personally came from one of those spaces. I attempted to contribute to some notion of community, helping people out, promoting get togethers that weren't just people trying to fuck each other (incidentally ex-Mormons in their 20s and early 30s are painfully sexually frustrated, and in all of their social spaces determine hierarchical influence primarily by conventional fuckability criteria), etc., but was burned in the process by folks who felt their sense of importance challenged by anyone refusing to acknowledge their divinity.

So then I come in here and BAM people are being real. Some of us continue to discard some of the thinking patterns propped up by individualism masquerading as community, which is what Facebook spaces become. It's a painful process. It is difficult to get vulnerable when prior attempts to do the same in spaces after NV and before our present NE were severely punished at worst and ridiculed at best. We're making something new. We have people who have always been on board, always been Ninjas, been part of this macro-macro-organism and its development (or shall we call it EVOLUTION???), but we have those of us who were just barely learning how to form communities online in prior Ninja iterations, and continue to do so now, attempting to light up the place and chase away the shadows of disingenuous collective emotional vampirism.

Make things. Give of what you make. Consume what others have made. Collaborate to make things together. Don't just offer solidarity. Offer actual support when peeps need it. Build collective, community trust, one post at a time.
Beakedbard
ninja with training wheels

Postby Beakedbard » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:39 am

I honestly can't abide FB i think the only use it has is contacting people you have no other way to contact people with. I suppose i am speaking very one-sided here because I've still refused to join that abomination. The problem i find is its making people barely want to talk face to face now and even when you are chilling with them half the time they have their heads in their phones of something. I'd say its fucking rude but its become a part of our society now.

Also I have an issue with how much FB monitors literally everything you do sure they don't have the staff to go through all of it but its stored somewhere in case they need to bring up some bullshit on you. I definitely prefer talking on forums its far more personal and its not monitored in a detrimental way.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:55 pm

Beakedbard wrote:The problem i find is its making people barely want to talk face to face now and even when you are chilling with them half the time they have their heads in their phones of something. I'd say its fucking rude but its become a part of our society now.

And that's the thing: Facebook is a reflection of who many of us have become (I'm excluding the various billions who don't give a shit about Facebook, let alone have the resources to use it). While yes, I like that it connects, that people I used to spend time with get to see me brag about my kid, most of those people I wouldn't choose to be around in person. Many of them I don't even like as people. My approach to Facebook is still unhealthy: From time to time I engage with idiots. Just this morning I socially drained myself feeding a bootlicker troll. Keep in mind that this troll managed to garner as much or more attention than a criminal defense attorney AND a family law attorney AND all their buddies (including me) on a topic they knew relatively little about, and using really poor rhetorical skills.

That's what we lose: We lose quality. We lose the meritocratic edge that the Internet can give, because the people with the power are either idiot trolls or the same people who had power when all of us were covered in pimples.
Charmosa
God

Postby Charmosa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:25 pm

I give it a quick scroll still, but sometimes I would get sucked into lengthy reading or writing, especially if bored at work or waiting for a plane/train. Now after a quick scroll to see & support my friends or post something, if I want MORE I come here. This is the place to get MORE. Because even when you give more or you want more from fb, you never really get more.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:55 pm

Lena
the unproven

Postby Lena » Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:59 am

lmaooo unfortunately she learned a lesson she probably already knew; my best friend does this all of the time. Deactivate for detox, then reactivate after licking her emotional wounds. Its a terrible dance.

On a related note, THIS happened on my FB in the last 2 minutes -- a sponsored ad for a politician in San Francisco that I despise showed up on my feed. When I selected to "hide" the ad, FB instead decided to follow the post and notify me of activity. Thafuck is that? The mere existence of the ad was assault enough, but to stalk me with something that I actively tried to get rid of is just plain mean.

I hate it so much sometimes. For so many reasons.

Return to “C&D”