Donald Drumpf recorded discussing sexual assault

Discuss Current Events, Politics, Theology, Science, Society, Philosophy, Culture, etc. Please stay on-topic. Serious discussions/debates only. No personal attacks.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Donald Drumpf recorded discussing sexual assault

Postby cerrodepedro » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:42 pm

This is not spin. There is no "devil's advocate." There are no "both sides" to this particular occurrence of Drumpf being horrible. Any support for this man is disgusting. It is subhuman. And I'm going to be deliberately inflammatory about this, and that's not Facebook behavior. That is how I behave in real life. This is how I am willing to speak at work, in the office. This is how I'm willing to speak when around fellow parents at preschool functions. This is how I'm willing to speak at the dinner table with extended family. And this is how I'm willing to speak on Ninja Evolution.

Washington Post originally posted this video in which he discusses kissing and groping women without consent.

Excerpt (copied from the Washington Post article), with a particular statement spoiler tagged for anybody who has been through something heavy and would rather not be reminded of something that could throw them into a flashback:

The Washington Post wrote:“Your girl’s hot as shit, in the purple,” says Bush, who’s now a co-host of NBC’s “Today” show.

“Whoa!” Drumpf says. “Whoa!”

“I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her,” Drumpf says. “You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait.”

“And when you’re a star, they let you do it,” Drumpf says. “You can do anything.”

“Whatever you want,” says another voice, apparently Bush’s.

Spoiler: show
“Grab them by the pussy,” Drumpf says. “You can do anything.”
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Re: Donald Drumpf recorded discussing sexual assault

Postby ink » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:50 pm

im not surprised..

Drumpf can get the gasface. /62
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:51 pm

and good for you man! remain in truth!

/peace

Manhal
ninja with training wheels

Postby Manhal » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:13 pm

Pathetic.
I am only here a short time. Inshalla khair :) I love you all.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:09 am

just the day before, a Federal Judge Orders Hearing in Donald Drumpf Rape Lawsuit

excuse me, child rape.

/wtf
Itsa notame
grasshopper

Postby Itsa notame » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:39 am

Jesus I'm in the panhandle of Florida and I feel sad that 90% of my town are Drumpf supporters. I just don't get it. Both my brothers who are not idiots are supporting him.....which makes me rethink this. I almost hope he wins so I can say I told you so after he fuckin destroys what's left of America.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Along that logic, there's really no one to vote for (there really isn't). Hillary is culpable for every rape and sexual assault her husband has perpetrated over the years, so I can't see how anyone upset over what Drumpf said can in good conscience vote for Hillary either. So does that make it a wash? I'm not at all saying that I condone anything Drumpf might have said, but let's be real here.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Itsa notame
grasshopper

Postby Itsa notame » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:11 pm

Yeah I know I'm not voting for either though. I can't in good conscience support the lesser of two evils which is debatable which one is worse. No matter who wins we in the states have a front row seat to the shit show that is going to come from this election.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:20 pm

I'm not saying that I condone things that Donald Drumpf has said by any means, but I urge Hillary supporters to consider this... if you think Drumpf is despicable for saying the things he did, you can't honestly sit there with a straight face and tell me that you still support Hillary Clinton after all of these women came out telling their stories of sexual assault and rape at the hands of Bill Clinton and the subsequent strong-arming and intimidation to keep quiet about it by Hillary Clinton... I know I'm kicking a political hornets nest, but this woman has nothing to gain from coming forward, and as Hillary is famous for saying... “To every survivor of sexual assault…You have the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed. We’re with you.” —Hillary (https://twitter.com/HillaryClinton/stat ... 6490388480)

Out of my caring for my fellow NInjas I will say that if you're triggered by talk of rape and sexual assault, you will want to go into watching this video knowing that it's rough.

Spoiler: show
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:43 pm

Nah. I'm going to say that YES, what she did was HORRIBLE. UNFORGIVABLE EVEN. But, and it's disgusting, but there IS a BIG distinction between ACTUALLY SEXUALLY ASSAULTING PEOPLE and abusing sexual assault victims (even if that included killing a pet), even with all that nasty power associated with the White House. First, FIRST, address the horror that is the Drumpf situation. Address it independently. THEN, we can have a talk about how much his opponent has done to hurt women. And before we even get into that we should also discuss what specific policies Pence and Drumpf have and will support when it comes to dealing with rape and sexual assault. When we do that we find out how important the distinction is: Clinton is willing to abuse multiple individual sexual assault victims of her husband using her political power, but hypocritically is not willing to do the same to victims at large, in a functional manner through jurisprudence (including the appointment of judges) and legislation. Hypocritical, yes. But important. Drumpf is willing to actually DO THE VICTIMIZING, THEN ABUSE HIS VICTIMS, THEN MAKE LAWS TO HURT THEIR ENTIRE GENERAL DEMOGRAPHIC. What should really be getting your goat is that Drumpf is pretty shamelessly okay with what he said. His half-assed non-apology evidences that. They are not on the same level. Your first reaction to the leak should not have been "but Hillary did stuff too," instead of "this is horrific."
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:42 pm

amen....enough of the false equivalencies.

voting for the lesser of two evils BLOWS, it really really does. but if you DON'T want Drumpf, but don't want Hillary either, i fear if you decide to vote for a 3rd party, all you're doing is giving the election right on over to Drumpf. it's a clusterfuck. i sure as hell don't know what to do...
Itsa notame
grasshopper

Postby Itsa notame » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:50 am

NaranjaRa wrote:amen....enough of the false equivalencies.

voting for the lesser of two evils BLOWS, it really really does. but if you DON'T want Drumpf, but don't want Hillary either, i fear if you decide to vote for a 3rd party, all you're doing is giving the election right on over to Drumpf. it's a clusterfuck. i sure as hell don't know what to do...

It is a clusterfuck and unfortunately there is no good choice even with a third party. The us election process and delegates have become a reality tv joke and it's fucking disheartening.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:21 am

When you're talking about rape, murder, child molestation, etc, there is no "false equivalency". If you are an enabler of that sort of heinous act to the extent that Hillary Clinton IS, then you are JUST as culpable. Fuck politics, just from a moral standpoint, it's like you participated in the act... That's why they have LAWS covering those things that carry penalties that are nearly equivalent. To me she is just as bad as he is for allowing it, covering it up and strong arming women into keeping quiet. This isn't a contest to see who is worse, they are all fucking terrible human beings, and shouldn't even be in public office or any position of power, ever. IMO people that do the things that they have done in their lives should be put in front of a firing squad.
ImageImage
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:23 am

Then redirect your energies either to destabilizing the status quo and/or killing the first-to-the-post election system. In the mean time, Drumpf has it in mind to sign off on whatever horrors a GOP-controlled legislature sees fit to inflict upon women that exacerbate rape culture and encourage it. Policy as it is remains both insufficient at addressing the issue and is being created in a way that makes this issue worse (for example, governors and state legislatures cutting off Planned Parenthood funding and other programs allowing mobility for people in situations where they can be exploited by perps). At the very least Clinton will veto such madness at the federal level.
PsycUrMIND
yet remains in darkness..

Postby PsycUrMIND » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:04 am

Thank you for enlightening me ninja evolution. My brother is impatient persistent pushy and perseveres... So I am here, new to forum formats so please excuse my "newbie-ness". In honor of my brother, I post the true conflict running through my head as I watched the Debate...
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:17 am

PsycUrMIND wrote:

Thank you for enlightening me ninja evolution. My brother is impatient persistent pushy and perseveres... So I am here, new to forum formats so please excuse my "newbie-ness". In honor of my brother, I post the true conflict running through my head as I watched the Debate...

/rotfl thats hilarious!

and yet you still remain in darkness.. ;)
need that intro /bigsmile

PsycUrMIND
yet remains in darkness..

Postby PsycUrMIND » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:41 am

:hmm:
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:25 pm

again, i don't think anyone wants Hillary either

but what we have is a candidate who admits openly to assaulting women, who doesn't mind if his own daughter is called a "piece of ass", who has an ex-wife that accused him of rape, who has a pending federal hearing on a child-rape case...and who plans create legislation that would hurt women even more...

versus a candidate who has done some shady shit regarding her adulterous husband...where alllllll of this stuff was poured over in court in extreme detail some 2 decades ago, and is still surrounded by a shit-ton of hearsay. know that i am NOT SAYING I DO NOT BELIEVE THE VICTIMS but we know at the least Juanita Broaddrick either lied in her '98 deposition or lied about it afterwards which unfortunately does cast shadow on her credibility. (what would she have to gain?...money from Drumpf comes to mind...?) but the way people keep trying to make her responsible for her husband's actions (she "enabled" rape? really??) and then using this idea to claim that she is as bad if not worse than Drumpf is where the false equivalency sits.

it's deflection...smoke & mirrors to try and keep the conversation away from the awful things that Drumpf has said. just like when he was directly asked about the recording(s) at the start of the debate he went right into talking about ISIS and it took 20 minutes for him to actually answer whether or not he actually does the things he said he does (which of course he said "no"). there are plenty of women already coming forward with claims of otherwise...but instead let's talk about a case from the 90's surrounding someone who isn't even running...

???

//considering moving this to C&D...
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:28 pm

its already in CnD.. u proly didnt notice. /bigsmile

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:34 pm

i guess i didn't...it was in News but i accessed it through "new posts" lol

this is excellent: http://reason.com/blog/2016/08/17/on-ra ... the-victim

Let's just get this out of the way: I don't believe Juanita Broaddrick's rape accusation against Bill Clinton. I don't believe it, because belief isn't part of the calculus here. Either it happened the way Broaddrick says it happened, or it didn't. I don't know whether it did or not, and so my position is I don't know whether Bill Clinton raped Juanita Broaddrick. I can't know something I don't know, quite obviously.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:12 pm

Yeah, I suppose I'm okay saying yes, let's believe her, saying yes, let's believe that on top of Bill Clinton raping her, she was also intimidated by Hillary Clinton. And that's where the decision for head of state becomes disgusting, even though for me it is a very, very obvious one, and I really hope how horrifically worse Drumpf is can be apparent here. AND LET ME REITERATE that this post IS NOT ABOUT HILLARY CLINTON. It's about Donald Drumpf. It's about Donald Drumpf laughing about assaulting women.
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:46 pm

but cerro, "no one has more respect for women" than Donald Drumpf!

he literally said that last night.

/62

and i sure as hell am not trying to make this about Hillary...just trying to show how ridiculous it is to try and equate the two in this specific situation.
but if people still wish to, which they will, then they really need to *believe* the accusers coming out against Drumpf as much as they *believe* the ones against Billary.
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:50 pm

cerrodepedro wrote:And that's where the decision for head of state becomes disgusting

it truly truly is. /wtf
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Tue Oct 11, 2016 1:58 pm

Okay, first of all, I will be THE FIRST PERSON to jump down Clinton's throat for her role in Bill's sexual violence. Fuck her. If I could cast her out of the feminine village forever I would. If I could make her personally apologize to all those women, I would. It was despicable, it was unconscionable. Until she clearly apologizes, she will never be able to call herself a feminist without making me angry.

But she is not a pedophile or a rapist. She's an enabler and she should be ashamed of herself. Let's absolutely never, ever say that Drumpf and Clinton are on the same level of sexual violence. Let's not pretend that what she did was as bad as what he did. He raped a 13 year old. She covered up her high-visibility husband's violence to save her reputation.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:03 pm

Now that that is out of the way, if you are a man who hasn't yet publicly denounced Drumpf's words to your male and female friends, you need to, and until you do, you are 1)part of the problem and 2) showing that the women in your life can't trust you. This is the time. There will never be a better time to talk to your bros about sexual assault.

From Facebook (mine) -

This is something that should be obvious - it should be clear to men that they and their friends do not condone this kind of talk, and maybe it is. Maybe you are a man who says to himself "all my friends know that this is absolutely disgusting"

Are you sure? Are you 100% sure that no man that you know has ever harmed anyone with sexual violence? Are you 100% sure that your male friends know exactly how you feel on this topic?

Because "we've never talked about it, but I'm pretty sure" isn't an answer, it's an excuse.

NOW is your chance to talk to your men friends about consent. NOW is your time to bring it up. There will NEVER be a better time to say "This kind of activity is not okay". If you can't say it when a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE admits to sexually assaulting a woman, you will never say it, and you ARE NOT someone your female friends can trust.

Return to “C&D”