What Happens Next -- A Drumpf Presidency w/ Republican Controlled Congress

Discuss Current Events, Politics, Theology, Science, Society, Philosophy, Culture, etc. Please stay on-topic. Serious discussions/debates only. No personal attacks.
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Re: What Happens Next -- A Drumpf Presidency w/ Republican Controlled Congress

Postby Skywalker » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:44 pm

Since I started this..

I am guessing we will now look towards Drumpf's tweets to get policy, cause apparently using new conference where people could ask questions is out of the question.

Nothing is better than the Future President of the United States siding with Russia and stating that our own intelligence guys are dumb and have no idea what they are talking about! Yet, I am sure they five to one know a little bit more than a 70-year-old man who fears the internet and thinks that everything should go back to messenger boys.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:53 am

stuff is happening so fast i can't even keep up with it to say what i need to say about it all.

but i did come full stop to learn Planned Parenthood was defunded today.
i was once abused by an OBGYN, then no others would see me. i couldn't stop bleeding and ended up in the ER twice. it was Planned Parenthood who took me in and gave me proper care and stopped the bleeding.

so thanks, Republicans...thanks for that. since pregnancy-related care is only a small percentage of what they provide. i'm sure they're partying in the streets...
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:56 am

oh and the first thing they did was try to axe the white house's ethics committee

that should tell you something right there...
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:07 am

Oh, I agree..

I think I may end up just posting the stuff that pisses me off from the different media outlets, especially the shit that I find on

Code: Select all

gab.ai
(their version of Reddit/Twitter).

At this point in time, I plan to occupy my State Representative office the two days a month that he is open in my city. That way I can personally hand him what I think is important for this area and for the country. Like jobs, schools, planned parenthood (we don't have one), healthcare (I do not have it), and other things that will pop-up during in the Drumpf administration.

At this point it all about organizing locally and working on the groundwork for each state.
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 5:33 am

indeed. the amount of changes going on....the federal government is going to be completely different over the next 4-8 years

i just have a huge objection to all the measures that are being set up to punish people for their political views / dissent
i need to gather up some sources...there have been a few measures already and i cannot remember them all. just that i'm blind with rage. /62
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:40 pm

well this one is rich: Arnold Schwarzenegger is the new host of Celebrity Apprentice. and our new president's ego is so fragile he has to try and build himself up by tweeting how the ratings were low for the first episode. WHAT A FUCKING CHILD. even president isn't enough to make his ego feel secure!

WTF AMERICA. W.T.F. DID YOU VOTE INTO OFFICE?!?!?!?!
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:19 am

i forgot to mention another thing that did go through besides defunding Planned Parenthood was the removal of federal protection for our National Parks/public lands/protected lands. the states - many with important lands headed by Republican governors - will be able to do what they want with them, including selling them to oil companies, developers...even, hell, China. wouldn't it be great if China owned chunks of the U.S.?

because hey, when the government owns stuff, people are losing out on money!!!

/62

(by the way i know im being a jerk and not sourcing stuff...i will fix that eventually)
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:59 am

Don't worry, at this point in time, it does not matter. According to most Drumpf supporters, Mainstream Media is now Fake News and can not be trusted.

Get back to it once the shit is signed into law, which we all know it will happen.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:47 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:oh and the first thing they did was try to axe the white house's ethics committee

that should tell you something right there...

Which was immediately opposed by Drumpf and a bi-partisan group in Congress.

House Republicans, including Ted Cruz, just introduced legislation for term limits for Congress... supported by Drumpf.

Someone has to play on the Conservative side, or all you guys will hear is echo, echo, echo... ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:07 am

i'm not on any side; i agree and disagree with policies on both ends of the spectrum. of course term limits would be awesome. but that's one thing in a sea of impending measures that would seem to dismantle the positive parts of the government and really just serve big money.
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:10 pm

Hell, I tell Republicans that if they would have put forth a candidate that was not all that bad, I would have voted for the Republican over Hilliary. I do not vote on who has lady parts and who does not have lady part.

They tell me out of all of the Republicans that was running Drumpf was the best pick, and I just sit and question their comprehension on what is currently happening. For the first time in 11 years, I could possibly get healthcare because of the ACA, no more ER and Community Clinics and the Republicans will take it away before I even get a chance to use it. All I am thinking is finally I can go to a lady doctor and get birth control. I went to the health dept., I got a talk about not having sex until marriage. I had to break it to the woman, I wanted the other benefits of BC, not the worry free sex part, the one that helps with the symptoms of well being a woman. I was denied access to BC because I was not sexuality active. I was pissed, but it is what it is, and nothing I can do can fix it. I have looked and applied for jobs that offer healthcare, but no call backs, only part-time work with no benefits.

So I sit and wonder, do I get pissed, or do I just sit back and watch the people vote for Drumpf really see what the fuck has been voted in. The repeal of the APA, the selling off of Federal Lands (cause fuck future generations especially those in 100 years from now), the possible repeal of Roe, an incoming Sec. of Labor who thinks the min. wage is too high, the list just goes on and on. Then there is the whole border wall, WTF? Is this imperial China? No, this is modern day. Instead, invest in technology that can track and better find people who do manage to make it across. Then offer assistance and help to those who have damn near died in the process. Then work on sending them back if that is what is needed. I doubt a wall will stop them, I have seen the NaoGeo specials on the tunnels that they have constructed, they are elaborate as hell.

Then there are Drumpf's tweets about car companies having to bay a border tax, yea that is a tariff, and well it is against the NAFTA. They also want to defund the UN and get out of NATO. I do not think they understand the song and dance that is required to stop the world to going to shit. If they do, they just do not care. As long as they can say that they took the welfare benefits from the poorest Americans and forced people to work, not like they are not already working, the dumbasses who voted for Tump and his crooked ass cabinet will be happy.
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:34 am

i get so sick of people assuming i'm a democrat, too. never registered anything but independent, way before it became a "thing" to not claim a side. people don't know how i used to sit during work with my headphones on conservative talk radio all day long. but the party has changed so much Regan would be considered a liberal these days. the current Republicans have spun an amazing tale and folks buy into it completely to the point where they don't trust even legitimate information. and they don't want people to trust the government. now they can finally get away with shutting programs down that actually do help people and privatizing every last thing they can. it's a shining plutocracy, and the biggest plutocrat of all is about to be sworn in.
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:47 am

I am a registered Democrat because North Carolina has closed primaries. So in order to vote you, either need to be a recognized political party, and Independent does not get to vote.

I'm all for voting for the guy/gal who is the better choice, party be damned.

I will not lie, I knew the election was going to be shit, so I voted a straight democratic ticket where I could, especially in the local elections. As our resident, Republicans have some bad policies as far as local laws and ordinances. People tend to forget about the local elections.

It really is sad what has happened to the Republican Party as well as the Democratic Party. That radical tea-party shift in the Republican party should have never happened. The old guard (those old ass republicans) should have stopped it!
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:29 pm

well extremism on either side is not good, and the GOP has gone wayyyyyyy extreme whacko right
so the Dems are like, FINE, we'll go extreme way left....
ugh.

meanwhile most people in the country are a bit centrist
and the choices to vote on were so poor across the board, no one was excited to actually get in line EXCEPT the extremists

and so we end up with a Russian stooge piss-freak in the White House

oh yeah, i said it. RUSSIA. but i'm sure the Whack-Right is dismissing everything finally coming out as false. i love how they turned the whole "fake news" thing around and use it to describe the MSM and any source that is not aligned with their views, including serious legitimate journalists. it's so adorable to watch them cling to their little blinders...

send Drumpf a golden shower for me!
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:17 pm

My local news station, you know those guys and gals who tell you about local football scores and runs Feel Good Stories about local charities. Have been called Fake News by many of their own facebook users. While facebook may not be the go to here, it is the only way one can see how others feel about the local new station.

The scary part is, all it took was one Right-Wing Drumpf support suggesting that it was Fake News because they had asked if their viewership wanted to see Drumpf Tax Returns. Which a lot of people replied that he fairly gamed the system by using tax loopholes, and who wants to see that. On the other side of the coin, where people who wanted to see the tax returns, because of a possible conflict of Intrest. The Drumpf supporters replied that if there was one, then he would tell them about it!

Then it was on, the local news station was Fake News and could not be trusted. Even for local news stories or weather. I'm like you dense motherfuckers, we live in an area where there is only ONE local news station, the rest are the larger cities. They do not report on local happenings or even the weather.

This attack on the News is starting to scare me. It really is, what is next all major news is False, and only the right-wing propaganda machine is correct?
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:20 pm

oh man this just keeps getting better...

so the law firm Drumpf is using to deflect the allegations regarding Russia?
Russia's Law Firm of the Year

//stabs own eyes out so i don't have to see any more
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Skywalker wrote:This attack on the News is starting to scare me. It really is, what is next all major news is False, and only the right-wing propaganda machine is correct?

that's exactly what they're saying now.
only the leader-approved "news" is trusted.

ah, the fresh smell of dictatorship in the air...
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:09 am

my husband just made the observation that every day - EVERY FUCKING DAY - we learn something new and disgusting and horrifying about this incoming administration. and that's the crazy part...they're not even officially IN yet!!!

oy vey....gonna go stab my eyes some more until tomorrow.... /atf
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:24 am

Elections have consequences. We won.

Holy Shit... someone just told me this.

I swear if the Extream Right Republicans do not understand this...

We are all fucked... I'm like damn motherfuckers ... don't you understand that?

Here is to hoping that anti-in

I agree, every day we learn something new.. and it is nothing good... the only redeeming factor is that Rex Tillerman may not be confirmed ...
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:35 am

I want to add something here...

Drumpf in his press conference today that he could run his companies and be President of the United States...

Being President is not a notch in the belt it is THE MOST IMPORTANT jobs in the United States. I am sure those in other countries feel the same about their own leadership.

A number of military assets that he will have control over is vast and can be used to fuck up the world if he was so inclined.

Does he plan to jail reporters that he does not like? Or even citizens who call him out on his policies?
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:02 am

you know, i'm not at all bothered by the shift from left to right - conceptually it makes total sense. whenever there's been a progressive motion in this country, usually under the leadership of the Dems, history shows us there is always a backlash where the other side of the spectrum takes the helm and rolls things back a bit. 5 steps forward, 2 or 3 back...and on it's been going for decades and decades.

but this is SOOOOOOOO different, and that's what his supporters are constantly defending against and denying. saying everyone else is over-reacting, it's all hyperbole, etc, etc. but if they were truly honest with themselves, they KNOW DEEP DOWN that this mofo is shifty as fuck and NO ONE KNOWS WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO ONCE HE'S IN. so all we can do right now is react to what is already taking place. and it's already a clusterfuck of impending doom. so fine, i will endure the cries of "oh you're mad cuz u lost" (which really, lol, is so 4th grade) and denials that he's going to be a disaster for the country as a whole, but specifically for anyone who is not a white affluent man...and just sit back and keep reporting what goes down day by day as it keeps piling up. eventually, their boasts and denials will be buried under it all...

fucking morons...
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:05 am

and i'm not rooting for him to fail...don't get me wrong
because then we'd be stuck with Pence. /atf
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:05 pm

i thought it was part of a comedy routine, BUT NOPE.
NY Jets owner Woody Johnson will now be Drumpf's ambassador to the UK!

he also plans to abolish the NEA and gut PBS & NPR to the point of non-existence.

//sigh
Skywalker

Postby Skywalker » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:08 am

Right now watching Drumpf. He is talking about how people giving him large checks to support him..

How he plans to send his son-in-law to the middle east to bring about peace. WTF??

Now he made a jab, at the Dems. Yea, cause that will just bring unity. NOT.

I will see if I can find this later on YouTube and post it.. along with Pence "speech!"
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:19 am

200 executive orders planned on his first day
remember when Obama started trickling some in and the right wing LOST THEIR MINDS calling him a dictator?

ah, the sweet smell of hypocrisy...

Return to “C&D”