North Carolina - Bill 2 - Transgender Bathrooms

Discuss Current Events, Politics, Theology, Science, Society, Philosophy, Culture, etc. Please stay on-topic. Serious discussions/debates only. No personal attacks.
Neon Samurai
the unproven

Postby Neon Samurai » Sun May 22, 2016 3:02 pm

It was idle showboating. I am still perfectly capable of watching Xhamster. In fact I used it just yesterday morning.
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul"--Heraclites
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun May 22, 2016 6:55 pm

You were obliged to try purely for verification purposes I am sure.

So just to clarify, are you saying you can go on your computer, just connect without a proxy and it works?

# words

Gilbert and Sullivan
Image Image
est 1953

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun May 22, 2016 8:26 pm

Neon Samurai wrote:I think deep down we are in agreement. The problem wasn't trans to begin with, but a poorly worded ordinance that allowed loopholes for non-trans perpetrators and just people wanting to prove a point to abuse it. Thus to stop them, they had to negatively affect the trans community. I still say there is no easy answer because one way or another there is going to be a problem. This is always the case with laws beyond the common law. Don't steal, kill, lie, and rape. Those don't need elaborate laws as they are pretty straight forward. But when you start getting into the minutia of everyday life, that is when all sorts of problems start to arise. But the government meddled in something that is far too complex for just a few paragraphs and that is where the problem comes in. Even saying you can't discriminate becomes a problem as that becomes a de facto quota because you haven't hired any or enough of a particular protected class and you don't want your company to be labeled bigoted. When you try to micromanage every little detail, that is when everything falls apart. But then that is what career politicians do, all the big stuff has already been done before they got into office, so they have to do something once the budget is passed. Then you get crap like this. I get it, Charlotte's heart was in the right place, but the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I can agree with this. I like how this started off so heated, ow we're realizing we're more in agreement than we realized. lol, i don't debate often, but this whole thing is fun to discuss.
Neon Samurai
the unproven

Postby Neon Samurai » Mon May 23, 2016 12:59 pm

Absolutely for just research purposes. Nah, I am not going to lie. I am a perv and want my spank material and I have always found Xhamster to be of high quality and none of the bugginess of many of the lesser sites.

That is why debate, especially with people who hold opposing views, is essential (despite the climate on college campuses of late.)Sure we all approach topics from our own views and standpoints, but it is through having to defend them that we get to the epistemology of our views. I did this effectively when NC voted to pass the NC1 Amendment to ban gay marriage. I had many students who were giving all the typical religious ideology, but through socratic discussion it ultimately came down to "I think it is icky." No moral high ground, no hatred, no deep convictions, but I don't like it and thus it shouldn't be allowed. When 99.63% of the population are not trans, and few of them will ever meet a trans person, is it really hatred that they do not understand or care to understand an issue until it seems to affect them? And when the outcome of that potential effect is something that they are not comfortable with that they would rebel against it? I see the perspective of the trans community and their arguments make sense, but I also see the arguments of proponents of the law as well. Both have valid concerns. But while you have Christians out there bible thumping and people on the LGBTLMNOP side calling everyone transphobic you do not get to the heart of the matter for both sides and come to an equitable solution. Those who are loudest on each side get the media attention for the ratings and that only works to paint each side with the most extremist examples. But this is what we must deal with when we live in the age of the superficial hashtag warriors.
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul"--Heraclites
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Tue May 24, 2016 8:02 pm

Image Image
est 1953

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Re: North Carolina - Bill 2 - Transgender Bathrooms

Postby Feydakin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:45 am

A Texas federal judge shot down Obama's executive order regarding transgender bathrooms being mandated in public schools... I don't have the article in front of me right now, but you can Google it.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage

Return to “C&D”