Malcolm X and MLK, Jr.: A really cool article

Discuss Current Events, Politics, Theology, Science, Society, Philosophy, Culture, etc. Please stay on-topic. Serious discussions/debates only. No personal attacks.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Malcolm X and MLK, Jr.: A really cool article

Postby cerrodepedro » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:43 pm

Stumbled across this and REALLY liked it:

Martin Luther King, Jr. and Malcolm X: Incompatible or Complementary?

The feelings that made me seek it out:

Okay I think we can all agree that there are so many things wrong with Drumpf supporters. They're fearful, they're stupid, they're extremely bigoted, and they have an empathy deficiency. And if there are any on Ninja Evolution, fuck you. Others may include you and care about your happiness and friendship, but I don't. Have a miserable fucking life, please. BUT all of these things said, what do the decent people do (and I admit I may not be among this group of people)? Do they direct their ire to large portions of humanity? Do they decide that people in general are the problem?

NO. They identify who is in charge of making evil legal, institutional, part of the banal posture of someone sitting in padded seats careening toward annihilation of them and everyone around them. And they hold those few and powerful and unforgivably ambivalent tyrants accountable. They reject fear. And they let the weak around them observe.

And for those who are especially oppressed, whose power of self determination has been robbed, they defend themselves. Against anyone.

What I'm seeing in my own region is a bunch of small communities starting to get more cohesive, starting to have their integrants physically see each other more often. They're seeing reasons for trepidation and caution and outrage. And they don't want to get the shit kicked out of them by their possibly Nazi/Nazi sympathizer neighbors. They are remembering what they are, WHO they are, and why they live. They're seeing all of those things very directly threatened. So they're getting together. That NE set of topics of what we want and what we can do to help I think is really, really important. I keep thinking back to it, and I keep realizing that the impetus of the excitement surrounding goals and shared goals interpersonally and collectively is what can be a fuel to make ethical (and since you assholes are tuning in, NSA, LEGAL) strikes upward.

I was going to post this to FB, but I worry about words like these making silly, privileged little shits like me unemployable. Anyhow. There's your CerrodePedro Rant for the Day™.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Re: Malcolm X and MLK, Jr.: A really cool article

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:07 pm

great rant cerro
reading and coming back to this...

Return to “C&D”