Wait...So your telling me, Media has an agenda?!

Discuss Current Events, Politics, Theology, Science, Society, Philosophy, Culture, etc. Please stay on-topic. Serious discussions/debates only. No personal attacks.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:06 am

A while back i was scouring the web, looking for truth and such, an down the rabbit hole quite a ways, I stumbled upon this video in which this gentleman explains the way the media feeds us sheep propaganda. The thing is, i already knew that I was being programmed, because I felt emotionally attached to various arguments and talking points, but they never really revealed anything new it seemed. All these debates where in vain, and even walking away from well developed arguments felt empty...

Now let me get to my point, watch the video below first;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9E2C4wpBi4

This opened my eyes. alot. This is actually at the forefront of almost everything I observe now, and now that politics is on heavy rotation and there is about to be a lot of election madness, do you notice things like this? Do you think it effects how you think? and do you feel that this tool used, especially during an election season, pollutes the thoughts of useful and critical thinking of those around you? enlighten..
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:03 am

OOOOOOH.... GREAT THREAD.

fuck i feel like i have so many million things to put in here.

young turks vids coming and more stuffs.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Orea
Viva La Résistance

Postby Orea » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:33 am

I'll be back later for this thread... I feel the rage coming
thanks ink for saving me the trouble of making this post myself :p
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:09 am

i feel the rage coming. omg lolololololololol. <3 twin
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:40 pm

no problem.. :D

NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 7:32 pm

oh yes. so much yes. this is a topic close to my heart.
//i will return...
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:46 am

//bump

Shumaza
ninja with training wheels

Postby Shumaza » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:28 pm

double bump!
I work with a shop full of Drumpf and cruz supporters who literally get everything they "know" from fox news and the god damn drudge report.....

I think what pisses me off more is when they dog the shit out of the "liberal" media. mother fucker there's no GOD DAMN thing as liberal main stream media. it's been replaced by moderate conservative corporate yes men!

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:36 pm

Pretty much every news outlet does this now. It's all manipulation and punditry, not "news"... I watch everything from Fox News to The Young Turks to Al Jazeera to MSNBC on a fairly regular basis, and not one of them is not guilty of this type of information and thought (emotion) manipulation. The key is to recognize that that is what is happening and think for yourself. Truths can still be found in news, you just have to know where and how to look. ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:47 pm

true that, i actually try and connect some of the things he talks about in the video, to just about every encounter. now its soo obvious, where as before, i was just oblivious

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:54 pm

I do think calling Sean Hannity a sorcerer is giving him too much credit though... ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:34 pm

:lol:

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Re:

Postby ink » Tue May 02, 2017 5:42 pm

ink wrote:A while back i was scouring the web, looking for truth and such, an down the rabbit hole quite a ways, I stumbled upon this video in which this gentleman explains the way the media feeds us sheep propaganda. The thing is, i already knew that I was being programmed, because I felt emotionally attached to various arguments and talking points, but they never really revealed anything new it seemed. All these debates where in vain, and even walking away from well developed arguments felt empty...

Now let me get to my point, watch the video below first;

This opened my eyes. alot. This is actually at the forefront of almost everything I observe now, and now that politics is on heavy rotation and there is about to be a lot of election madness, do you notice things like this? Do you think it effects how you think? and do you feel that this tool used, especially during an election season, pollutes the thoughts of useful and critical thinking of those around you? enlighten..

/who

Return to “C&D”