Security devices

The place for discussion of hardware, software and mobile apps.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:41 am

This time of year when the weather is nice, esp on weekends change will disappear out of my truck when I leave it unlocked in my driveway. I always assume wandering kids.

The other thing- My house has a semi enclosed front porch. I hate having to lock the storm door at night since my mailman leaves packages inside the door and can show up very early. I put a camera out there but it sucks after dark.

About 20 times in 10 years, at very late hrs someone will come on my porch and pound on my front door like there is an emergency.

The first time it happened it was about 1 am and I actually thought it was a sick neighbor. At the time I had a Remington 22 air rifle sitting in my umbrella stand.

I yelled through the door Who the fuck is at my door and the voice that answered was male and sounded young but I had no idea what he said. I grabbed the 'gun' from the stand, pointed it to the ground and opened the door. There was a16-20 year old African American male who started stammering about selling meat to the man who lived here. No one had lived in the house for easily 12 years so the lie was clear. I screamed get the fuck off my porch. If you ever come back I will blow holes in your thief ass.

It happened again Saturday night. I put on a robe, grabbed my double barrel shotgun and opened my door. The person ran like a rabbit, jumped in a running car with a driver and took off. When this has occurred in the past my neighbors have had the same odd hours knocking.

i live in a decent neighborhood. People with jobs or retired. Not wealthy but nice. I have come to suspect this is some kind of robbery attempt. Tomorrow I guess I will put a motion light on the front porch and this-

I bought 4 of them a couple of years ago. One for my lawn shed, one for the barn, one for the truck cab and a spare.

I have a real alarm on the house. This is a simple, low tech, low cost solution for issues like those above.
Image Image
est 1953

PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:21 am

Wow. If it is that frequent, then maybe you should let the cops know. Maybe they can afford to boost their presence in the area from time to time.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:23 pm

Remington 870 is a solid choice... customize to your liking. Very easy to use and will stop just about anything. Stagger ammo types for home defense.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage

Return to “Tech, Software & Apps”