useful chrome ext. for politics and the upcoming election

The place for discussion of hardware, software and mobile apps.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:47 am

So i was browsing chrome extentions a couple years ago, poking around and stumbled across this useful one. at the time, i knew it would be useful at some point, but i didnt give it a second thought. election season is almost upon us, so it just dawned on me today.. this thing is cool!

its called ---> Greenhouse 3.1
the purpose:

Expose the influence of money in Congress by downloading the new browser extension. Join the fight to end political corruption.

how it works:
Greenhouse highlights on any web page the names of all members of Congress. Just hover over a name and a pop-up box provides detailed campaign contribution data, including total amount received, breakdown by industry and by size of donation, and sponsorship of any campaign finance reform bills. Provides transparency by putting vital data where it’s most relevant, so you can discover the real impact of money on our political system. NOTE: Greenhouse will not work in incognito mode. Please turn it off when you want to use Greenhouse. The toolbar button is currently available for Safari only. Specific Features Include: Key Data With a Mouse Hover - Highlights names of members of Congress on any web page. Hover over a name and a popup will open. It contains total contributions, small donations of ? $200, and industry breakdown. Easy Links to More Info - Click on (AC) or (DC) to see which campaign finance reform bills each member of Congress supports on http://reform.to. Click on the name to get contribution details on http://opensecrets.org. Also, click on the small donation percentage to see a ranked list.

here is an example:

we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Zombie
Wizard Behind The Curtain

Postby Zombie » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:38 pm

What an unusual extension.. Im gunna get it for the crack of it :)
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:02 am

//bump cuz its handy, if you follow politics :D

anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:37 pm

Do the statistics come directly from the source or candidate? Or, is the information gathered by another party?
Hmmm, I guess I could Google it, but I'm being lazy.
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 16, 2016 12:47 pm

lol dont be lazy.. no need to google. just go up there and clik the link :lol:

Return to “Tech, Software & Apps”