Apple vs Google vs MS. IPhone or Android??? Windows Phone?

The place for discussion of hardware, software and mobile apps.
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:13 pm

What's youre preferance, and WHY!

Personally, I hate IPhone, and I hate Samsung Android phones... My next phone will either be a Huawei or a Windows phone (just to give it a try)...

ENLIGHTEN ME
<3
Mady
yet remains in darkness..

Postby Mady » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:23 pm

For me it all depends on the usability of the phone. I have been switching from IOS to Android for quite sometime now and a proud owner of both hehe. For the line of work I do Android is my first priority, but for personal use I tend to use more Apple products a lot.
Kay
grasshopper

Postby Kay » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:34 am

Android, purely because......... who would pay that much for an apple product that probably cost $10 to make? O_o o_O
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Mar 20, 2016 12:03 pm

Did a windows phone last year. Hated it. I have a box of busted Android phones. Come on it’s a phone and it does cool stuff but did no engineer think how often people drop phones? I have been using a dumb slider phone with a QUERTY keyboard for a year because reliability is key for my phone not face book and aps. You know old landline phones could crack someone’s scull and still dial out for an ambulance. That’s smart design. <rant off>

That being said I just got a ALCATEL One Touch. We will see if it holds up any better than the Samsung’s but at least it looks like they tried to be a little sturdy.
Image Image
est 1953

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun Mar 20, 2016 11:08 pm

Android because I hate Apple. I like being able to screw with my shite if I want to, and Apples walled little garden doesn't really allow that, at least not easily.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:31 am

Andriod all the way for me, though i will list the pro's and cons for me of each i have encountered since i work around phones.

(this is my opinon only, not facts, just opinons.)

Windows: From a usability stand point i would have to say these are the worst of the worst, and only at that because the menus are horridly designed in a tile like system that takes up all the screen, you have no room for anything extra but that ugly one screened application. Compatibility wise it works fine on windows of course and sometimes on mac computers, this however is where the train stops, as if you want to switch or copy contacts between phones of other types you can not without extra applications that are also poorly made. Over all i try to stay far away from them and even avoid selling them to customers.

Apple: I phone is one of the phones i hate, but on a brand base mostly, its design is well made but their customer service upsets me, however i can't judge a phone on its customer service. I can however say it would be a great phone if i could easily find a way to switch to other applications or there were more buttons, its systems seem limited to a point where apple is saying. "nah bro, you are way to stupid in order to go here." i like to customize my phone in all aspects and as such apple puts me off in the stand point of customization and access while having decent usability

Andriod: These, however would be my top branch of phones, and i am not talking about the galaxy S series, you don't need to spend 700$ ( price of the new S7) tp get a decent phone that will let you do as you please with it, have the buttons for the fuctions you need them for and give you the options or ways to change those buttons, i have fallen for a number of odd brands within andriod but their is two phones i ran into that for the price matched up to the S6 and S5 for me. Those phones would have to be ZTE Zmax (149) and the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime (99-149).

I have yet to encounter a full on google phone, i may at some point and will have to comb it over with an very keen eye.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm a bit of an oddity here...

Okay android vs iphone...

I love them both. Holy shit. But only when I can root/jailbreak lol.

Android is great for native customizations and freedom.

IPhone is great when you want something that just works... And keeps working for years.

Windows wins hands down though. Unless your into photo and video editing I suppose
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:42 pm

Google and Android. I despise all things apple, they don't play well with others. Even though I still think google will eventually become SkyNet, I still trust them more than apple.
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Mon Mar 21, 2016 5:11 pm

For me, it boils down to can I afford it??

I can not afford an iPhone, not even an old one. Why would I want to buy an old one anyways? So I tend to go with the pre-paid plan phones, from the likes of Metro because I can afford their phones and plans. I have a Sprint phone, great little gadget. Alas, I broke it when it fell out of my pocket while I was working with a student.

As for Windows phones, I have used them a lot. I like them to a point; it can sync with my Surface (RT :() and my laptop. That is about the only feature that I enjoyed. In a year, I broke four of them; I am not sure how or why, but I broke a lot of them. It could have been the crap design from Nokia. One time it dropped out of my pocket face down onto the parking lot, there was nothing physically wrong with the phone until you tried to turn it on. I had broken the LCD screen under the glass. That takes talent.

The next phone that I buy I, at least, want a halfway good camera. I have owned point and shoots, and DSLRs and personally I do not wish to have to lug around a camera.
fr4nky
the unproven

Postby fr4nky » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:57 am

I have 6plus and android zte max.... find android more open then IOS
Life is what you make of it.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:12 am

Oh yea, one thing I absolutely love about the iPhone environment. ITunes backups. Omg. It's amazing how simple they make backups and restores.
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:11 pm

I resisted smartphones for the longest time. I just hated the idea of using the internet on a tiny ass screen. I also hated the idea of having a camera on a phone. Old Koot all the way, baby!

I decided on an iPhone because I got a good deal through Virgin Mobile. It's fine I guess, but I hate how I can't just move MP3s onto it easily. Fuck itunes. In the neck. I've gotten used to using the iCloud storage for all my photos so now I am hesitant to consider a switch.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:38 pm

Sometimes I hate all things touch. We forgot how important SIMPLICITY is!
<3
BigMush
Drunkin Beta Style

Postby BigMush » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:54 pm

I reeeaaaalllllllyyyyy hate touchscreen and apps.

This is my phone
Nokia 3720

I love it to bits. It has tetris. And buttons <3
**Awesome Singnature**

ImageImageImageImageImage

ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Re: Apple vs Google vs MS. IPhone or Android??? Windows Phone?

Postby ghostdogg » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:55 pm

MAK <3

I'm in the opposite situation of Mary... I have iOS for work and Motorola Android as my personal. Both have their own pros and cons.

One thing I noticed is that my iOS isn't as responsive and my android. There have been a few calls I've missed because my iPhone didn't understand I was trying to answer the call.

Crazy, no? Never has this problem with any android I ever owned.
Mr. 26
:-|

Re: Apple vs Google vs MS. IPhone or Android??? Windows Phone?

Postby Mr. 26 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:11 pm

DynaTac 8000X.

Return to “Tech, Software & Apps”