#SaveCrypto response from White House now 100+ days late

The place for discussion of hardware, software and mobile apps.
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:52 pm

This is one of the most important issues facing us as internet users today. If this kind of legislation gets passed, it will do nothing to help stop crime or terrorism. It will only serve to undermine security in the interest of increased domestic surveillance, and expose billions of people to potential identity theft and theft of personal information due to intentionally weakened encryption.

Obama, what say you? You're 100 days late.

https://www.accessnow.org/technologists-privacy-groups-ask-obama-reject-anti-encryption-legislation/
ImageImage
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:37 pm

The White House has “aimed” to respond to petitions with 100,000 signatures within 60 days.

given that it has officially been 167 days, i could speculate... so tbh, i dont think that they even care. or, they are using some sort of stall tactic, to look for a possible work around..? thats my guess :|
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Sat Apr 16, 2016 7:02 pm

ink wrote:
The White House has “aimed” to respond to petitions with 100,000 signatures within 60 days.

given that it has officially been 167 days, i could speculate... so tbh, i dont think that they even care. or, they are using some sort of stall tactic, to look for a possible work around..? thats my guess :|

Yeah, that's my worry. I wouldn't be surprised if they were just stalling until they could pass some legislation and go, "Sorry, we can't do anything about it now!"
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Tech, Software & Apps”