Movie Podcasts, Vodcasts, Interviews & Extras!

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun May 29, 2016 3:12 pm

I've listened to and watched many, many over the years... what are your favorites?

Bret Easton Ellis ft. Eli Roth:
http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=592&pid=565931

Bret Easton Ellis ft. John Carpenter:
http://podcastone.com/pg/jsp/program/episode.jsp?programID=592&pid=1651663

I love Bret Easton Ellis because he doesn't give a fuck, and interviews mostly genre people in the movie industry who also don't give a fuck. Bret wrote American Psycho. ;)

Add to this and I'll keep this updated!
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun May 29, 2016 3:18 pm

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun May 29, 2016 3:21 pm

I know, I saw it, but I think there's room for both because this one is specifically for movie podcasts... I was actually going to steal some of your links to put in here lol. Actually I will change the title to reflect the difference better. :D
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun May 29, 2016 3:34 pm

Awesome. Definitely room for plenty more, I just wasn't sure whether you saw or remembered the other thread.

Well...

Brewtality wrote:Not sure where to put this so 'Lifestyles General' it is.

The Director's Cut

A podcast from the Director's Guild of America in which film makers discuss their creative processes. There are some great interviews on there with the likes of Ridley Scott and Steven Spielberg but it can get very technical so one for film nerds only really.

Kermode and Mayo's Film Review

Easily the best cinema podcast/radio show around. Mark Kermode is an excellent film critic who somehow always seems to sum up EXACTLY how I feel about different films. His rants are he stuff of legend and he and Simon Mayo have an excellent chemistry which makes the show even more enjoyable. If you like films then you really have no excuse for not subscribing to this podcast.

The Nerdist

Always excellent interviews from Chris Hardwick and the Nerdist team. They always seem to be able to get the most out of their guests and they never waste time going through the standard interview questions. They often manage to get their guests to relax and open up about their lives and their work and that makes for some captivating radio. Listen to their recent interview with Gary Oldman if you don't believe me!

[url=neozaz.com/category/podcasts/star-wars-in-character/]Star Wars in Character[/url]

An absolutely brilliant podcast from a bunch of friends who grew up loving Star Wars together. Thanks to the four hosts being best friends, the on-air chemistry is brilliant and their podcast is now full of great in-jokes and references. Each week, they choose an obscure character from the Star Wars universe and discuss them (well, generally make fun of them) on the show. It's a really funny and upbeat podcast and is an absolute must for Star Wars fans out there.

anynoise wrote:SModcast
(no official summary - All things Kevin Smith. This is actually several different podcasts in one place. All comedy podcasts from Kevin Smith or his friends.)

Doug Loves Movies

a comedy podcast hosted by Doug Benson

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun May 29, 2016 3:38 pm

Awesome thanks man! The way I figure it, people that want to watch or listen to movie podcasts should be able to find those links in the movie forum, it just makes sense... you know? ;)
ImageImage
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Sun May 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Absolutely! Anything that inspires people to post and contribute more can is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun May 29, 2016 10:00 pm

Mick Garris Post Mortem, and Fantasy Film Festival interviews... Some old some new, all great. People in the horror genre mostly. Including John Carpenter, Roger Corman, Rob Zombie, Wes Craven, Rick Baker and more.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe_m4M ... oRw/videos

The Rick Baker interview is great... One recurring thing with most of the horror, monster movie film makers and movie people that grew up in the 60s and 70s seems to be taking that old TV Guide and going through it every week and circling movies to watch, and then the quest to make that happen ... I know that was totally me in the '70s and early '80s. I was lucky enough to also have VCR back then, so I would record the movies and cut out the TV Guide descriptions and tape them to the VHS tape.

Then I figured out how to put two VCRs together to record one VHS from another, then it was all over. I recorded every video I rented back then... it never stopped me from going back and renting videos every week though. I couldn't get enough. I wish I'd thought to write letters to my heroes in the movie business back then like Rick Baker did with Dick Smith, I really did have a passion for it, still do. Who knows, maybe I'd be in Greg Nicotero's shoes right now. For now I'll just continue to be a fan and enjoy the nostalgia of those days. Famous Monsters, Fangoria... ;)
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon May 30, 2016 4:09 pm

Coming back to this, Mick Garris is such an amazing shepherd and advocate for the horror genre and horror people in the industry. Watching his interviews compared to even professional interviewers is like night and day. He's so genuine and you can tell that he has and shares respect with everyone he talks to. You can tell there is a lot of mutual love and respect there. It's no wonder that he got so many big names together for the Masters of Horror series.

Now I'm going to dive into El Rey Network and Robert Rodriguez' "The Directors Chair". ;)
ImageImage

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”