10 cloverfield lane

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
Philly
adept ninja

10 cloverfield lane

Postby Philly » Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:09 pm

Synopsis:
After surviving a car accident, Michelle (Mary Elizabeth Winstead) wakes up to find herself in an underground bunker with two men. Howard (John Goodman) tells her that a massive chemical attack has rendered the air unbreathable, and their only hope of survival is to remain inside. Despite the comforts of home, Howard's controlling and menacing nature makes Michelle want to escape. After taking matters into her own hands, the young woman finally discovers the truth about the outside world.

John Goodman was great & this was really well written. This movie is totally worth your time.
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Re: 10 cloverfield lane

Postby Rivoc » Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:39 am

I never saw the original cloverfield, but I enjoyed this movie a lot. I watched it for free on my flight back home, back in mid june. I didnt know delta changed so much..... free hbo showtime starz, and other exclusive channel's shows and movies all for free in coach! everyone had their own monitor on the headrest in front of them. I never saw anything like that in coach before. deadpool was what most people watched but i just saw it in theaters a couple months ago so I chose 10 cloverfield lane, and it did not disappoint!!
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:38 am

i felt a little derp for seeing this and not realizing it was a sequel. i loved how it keeps you guessing, but i don't know...something about it also sorta fell flat for me. i did like it better than the 1st flick...

QUITE SPOILERY!!!
Spoiler: show
since you don't know that it even ties in to Cloverfield until the very very end...

...i'm almost glad i went into it not knowing anything about it because i was NOT expecting that at all!
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:05 am

I used to play WoW with the guy that directed this, so I am a little biased, but I did enjoy it. I heard that...
Spoiler: show
...the ending was tacked on last minute, and TBH it kind of felt like it was.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:09 am

Watching this at some point this week. I will return to update with my thoughts once I finish watching it.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”