The last movie I watched was ......

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Re: The last movie I watched was ......

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:43 pm

ink wrote:Image

very cool movie.. shameful ive not seen it up to this point, for real :hmm: you dont often see movies like this, so id highly recommend! + it has a young Bubbles perlman and the kids are hilariously clever! this one's definitely a keeper /nod

That's an EXCELLENT one! Same director as Delicatessen, also a interesting little film (albeit dark.)
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:56 am

/rotfl /rotfl /rotfl
3rd time ive watched this... so funny. my boy said, if my cat was stolen, would we be off on an adventure like this..? and i said, pssh yea! :lawl:

Ive been wanting to see this. it mustve got by me in the theater sometime, unless its in now. These guys have been popping up in anything i watch lately, my youtube interview series "First we Feast", Last Week Tongiht with John Oliver, and a few other movies and shows.

So i checked out some of the episodes of their tv shows and REALLY started cracking up, HARD!

I think ever since Mencia and demetri martin went to comedy central and didnt translate well imo, ive been dismissing all comedy central comedian led shows. BIG MISTAKE! Thats why these two flew under my radar for so long. VERY funny, very very talented!! i want to support them just out of respect - 2 friends working hard, doing their thing together and doing it damn well. doesnt get much more reputable than that,
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:55 am

The 5th Element

Love this movie.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:58 pm

^^ same, thats a classic.

girlapaloo wrote:Image

:shock: :shock: /anxious :shock: :shock:

Yeah, because a hot chick surfing alone on some remote mystery beach is always a good idea!

:lawl:

i finally got a chance to see this one.. yup, there were a few of those :yikes: :yikes: moments! i liked it
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:42 am

Hmm.... I started Rebirth on Netflix but I'm not sure if it was the movie or my attention span... Didn't finish.

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:43 am

ffs, someone make that a vid ^^
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
Candeeoke
The Quiet Storm

Postby Candeeoke » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:57 am

The Princess Bride with my daughter. :) Haven't watched much new lately... I need to fix that.
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:36 am

Warcraft

Full disclosure; I have been a fan of Warcraft since Orcs & Humans back in 1994 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft:_Orcs_%26_Humans)... Tides of Darkness, Warcraft 3 and have been playing World of Warcraft since vanilla, 2004ish, and just went back after a 2 year hiatus in November and have been playing the shit out of the new expansion, Legion. As a fan of the franchise, I freaking loved it. Seeing the lore that I've been a fan of for over two decades being brought to life in that way was amazing. I will admit, some of the CGI was a little too cartoonish, but the orcs were incredibly well done. I can easily see how some people that aren't fans of the franchise got a little lost and had a harder time connecting with the characters. They maybe didn't spend enough time establishing relationships and explaining some things. I feel like this movie though is squarely FOR the fans, everyone else be damned. I am really, really looking forward to seeing more...
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Charmosa
God

Postby Charmosa » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:12 am

/rotfl /rotfl /rotfl
3rd time ive watched this... so funny. my boy said, if my cat was stolen, would we be off on an adventure like this..? and i said, pssh yea! :lawl:

I fell in love with this movie when I saw the trailer. Then Peixe comes home with it on DVD as a surprise and we watch it together. <3 He laughs, but I'm DYING. Definitely worth repeat viewings.

The last movie I watched was The Killing Joke, the newest (?) animated DC Batman movie. Got a decent bit of bad reviews but I thought it was good. Hard to fuck up classic batman and joker. Comic was better, of course. Batgirl got some batbooty, so there was that.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:44 am

Feydakin wrote:Warcraft

Full disclosure; I have been a fan of Warcraft since Orcs & Humans back in 1994 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warcraft:_Orcs_%26_Humans)... Tides of Darkness, Warcraft 3 and have been playing World of Warcraft since vanilla, 2004ish, and just went back after a 2 year hiatus in November and have been playing the shit out of the new expansion, Legion. As a fan of the franchise, I freaking loved it. Seeing the lore that I've been a fan of for over two decades being brought to life in that way was amazing. I will admit, some of the CGI was a little too cartoonish, but the orcs were incredibly well done. I can easily see how some people that aren't fans of the franchise got a little lost and had a harder time connecting with the characters. They maybe didn't spend enough time establishing relationships and explaining some things. I feel like this movie though is squarely FOR the fans, everyone else be damned. I am really, really looking forward to seeing more...

i liked it, but your right. i felt lost at times. but i felt the end left the story open so i would definitely like to see more /nod

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:19 am

free state of jones.
powerful.

Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:44 am

ink wrote:free state of jones.
powerful.

I want to see that, but I am waiting for it to come out on DVD/Blu-Ray or VHS.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:01 pm

the cardboard boxer.

waterworks yo.. just one of those movies that make you face the hard realities of poverty. str8 up non-stop workworks, didnt know i had that many..
i guess i am soft now, but i dont even care about image anymore.. when you become forced to walk the path of humility, your perspective shifts.
this was like an hour and a half of pulling on heartstrings.. makes me want to go out and bring somebody on the corner a hot sammich

Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:03 pm

awww... i understand that. i knew have too much money these days but i try to buy them honey buns and donuts. cheap but semi filling. and food rather than cents. and i keep meaning to pick up some water bottles and bags of chips to put in my car. small things.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:37 am

yea man.. that hard life, its tough.. makes me think of alot of the little things i often take for granted like a fully belly, and heat, clean/warm water...

ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:23 am

I'll need to check this out! With a box of Kleenex.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:53 pm

for real..

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:06 pm

Finally working my way through my huge backlog of movies... Just as good as I was told, loved the nods to the comic and Hank Pym, etc, no spoilers... /smart
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:12 pm

this was pretty good... a tad gory... but overall very fun and appropriate for Halloween!
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:32 pm

ghostdogg wrote:

this was pretty good... a tad gory... but overall very fun and appropriate for Halloween!

^^ that was funny in parts but really gross.. dont eat 30 min before/during or after this gem.. lol

ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:32 am

i enjoyed this one.

//wanders off to watch something else..

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:05 am

Amazing movie, Marvel keeps fully nailing them out of the park...
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:39 am

/nod ^^ proly my favorite avengers flick

Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:24 am

Mannequin.... I HAD to watch it and the opening song is still stuck in my head. STARRING 80's shennanigan's specialst Andrew McCarthy, Kim Catrall in her prime!, James Spader from Blacklist as a slimy spying manager, a very vfery flamboyant gay man who IS HILARIOUS AND HAS THE BEST lame yet hilarious puns, the butthole cop from police academy and his bulldog Rambo, Estelle Getty aka the oldest lasy from The Golden Girls,

About a lady from Cleopatra times wishes to be more than her time period will let her, travels through time, and ends up as a mannequin who only turns to life when she is seen by the young, and always getting fired, cant catch a break, Jonathan Switcher, an aspiring sculptor, who keeps gewtting fired from every job ever! His mannequin turns to life and helps him create the most exciting display visuals in a mall/dept store on the brink of closing. She turns into a mannequin whenever she is seen by anyone else but him. Hollywood, the gay man who befriends Jonathan, is comedy gold and one of the most genius and fun characters in any movie ive ever seen. He's freakin hilarious!!!

80's movie and a lil cheesy, but VERY entertaining with a bery awesome 880's soundtrack to boot. VERY RECOMMENDED for a date night! Just put your couch cushions on the floor, cut up a honeycrisp apple or heat up some popcorn, freeze some instant iced tea mix in a plastic cup for you and your date (like i did with friends when i was a kid) and you will probably end up making out or bangin sometime during or even after the movie. lol!!!! Your welcome.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:38 am

I watched Keanu last week, by Key and Peele. I enjoy those twoi! the movie was entertaining. Id give it a B. nothing great, but fun and entertaining enough for my simple taste.

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”