Moonlight (2016)

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Moonlight (2016)

Postby Skywalker » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:51 am

Moonlight

A young man deals with his dysfunctional home life and comes of age in Miami during the "War on Drugs" era. The story of his struggle to find himself is told across three defining chapters in his life as he experiences the ecstasy, pain, and beauty of falling in love while grappling with his own sexuality.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4975722/

The news on this ... Got to Giving a Shoutout to a fellow FSU Alumni

The FSU Film School got some major props Sunday when “Moonlight,” the movie written and directed by alum Barry Jenkins (’03) won the top award at the Golden Globes — Best Motion Picture - Drama. It beat out “Hacksaw Ridge,” “Hell or High Water,” “Lion” and “Manchester by the Sea,” the last of which was considered its biggest competitor.

The big win bodes well for “Moonlight,” which already has picked up significant Oscar buzz.

FSU View
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Re: Moonlight (2016)

Postby cerrodepedro » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:12 pm

I watched this and my god was it beautiful. I CRIED. Lots and lots and lots of people need to see it. And Mahershala Ali is an incredible actor, and the harmony between the various actors who played the protagonist was an achievement. When Janelle Monáe showed up on screen I freaked out with excitement (Side note: I know she sings mostly upbeat dance-oriented music, but the lyrics and depth of her music are also things that make me cry). Cohesively the film gave me feelings I very much needed to feel, and may now be my all-time favorite movie.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”