Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
Brewtality
novice ninja

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Postby Brewtality » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 pm

And so we have a title!

As per usual, I am MASSIVELY hyped for another dose of Star Wars. Rogue One blew me away and far exceeded my expectations and I really can't wait for December 15th to roll around so I can lose myself in my favourite make-believe world once again.

All signs point to a story where Luke begins to train Rey on Ach To whilst Poe Dameron/Finn/Someone new played by Kelly Marie Tran are off on some fancy planet doing some work for the Resistance. Adam Driver was spotted in Ireland so no doubt Kylo Ren manages to find Luke and Rey on Ach To and I cannot friggin wait for that particular showdown!!!! So where do we go next? I'm guessing this film will have a much more personal, character-driven story but I can't imagine anybody making a Star Wars film today without a few massive action set-pieces. I just want to see Luke Skywalker slicing some Knights of Ren up with his green lightsaber. Please.

moonshine
190 PROOF

Re: Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi

Postby moonshine » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 am

I felt let down by Rogue One and TFA. Im still gonna watch cause its more starwars but if its just another "homage" im gonna be pissed. #memberempire
ImageImage
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:10 pm

I have yet to see Rogue One, but I did not think that TFA was that bad of a film. I am kind of pissed that they had that one character and they were only one for a few damn seconds. Then there is the whole guess who the main character really is!

I hope that this Star Wars movie is a good as the old ones. If not, I still got them on VHS, so I'll just watch those in all the grainy glory that is the medium.
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:39 pm

really sad that they're having to rewrite Carrie Fisher's part in these last 2. just won't be the same without her, or Han...and i still think Luke will bite it in this one, too, so that it really IS left up to Rae...
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:16 pm

Wasn't sure where I should put this, but here seems fitting enough... ;)

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:56 pm

i bet we'll have a trailer any time now. they block that stuff out on the live feeds, but nerds r tricky! :giggle:

and what Gwen Christie says in that tribute vid about how important Princess Leia was/is to little girls, especially ones my age growing up - as we really didn't have many strong female role models on-screen - could not be more true.
//tears
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:25 pm

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:35 pm

i was watching the live stream...completely got choked up when Mark took the stage. like, uncontrollably. like, i shocked myself at how verklemt i got, how much this touches me to the core and makes me feel 10 years old again.

and when they revealed the teaser poster, i literally got CHILLS ya'll!

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:44 pm

BTS photos coming out today:

Spoiler: show

REY WITH SABER!!!!!!!!!1111
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:47 pm

New images from the film coming out today:
Spoiler: show

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:08 pm

HMMM?! ;)
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:35 pm

HA! ^

Best. Cosplay. Ever. From SWCO: Vintage Obi-Wan & Leia action figures! Complete with telescoping lightsaber!!
<3
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Wed May 17, 2017 8:49 am

Haha that's brilliant!

I'm enjoying how relatively spoiler-free the build-up to TLJ is so-far. The concept art leaks for TFA were great fun and really helped fuel a lot of fun speculation (evil Luke etc.) but once it became clear that the entire plot had leaked with the shot-list (thanks to the break in filming caused by Harrisson Ford's accident) then it wasn't fun and it was annoying to have so much of the film leaked. I managed to avoid a lot of stuff but I did go into the film knowing that Han Solo died. This time around though, barely anything has come out. Yes, we have the basic outline of the story (i.e. Luke and Rey are training, Finn and Rose are off galavanting on a mission and Poe is with the Resistance for the most-part) but the details are very sparse and that's the way I like it. Keep me going with the occasional leak of some toy packaging or a pixelated photo from some trade show, but don't go online and tell the world who Snoke is because that shit should be kept in the cinema!

NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:15 pm

i agree with you on leaks & spoilers, Brew!

but now (supposedly) someone in marketing for TLJ got fired, then went and leaked the entire script on 4chan. i refuse to read it, but my husband did and says if it's legit, unfortunately the movie sounds like it might be pretty dumb. /62

i really hope this is not the case. i'll totally reserve all judgement for when i actually see the film.
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:34 am

Nah, those things are never legit. They always come along after some more legit leaks have come out and then somebody tries to weave them all together with speculation. There were a million of these when TFA was in production. The only reason so much became known about that movie was that Harrison Ford had his accident on set which closed down production for a while and enabled someone to take advantage and leak the shot list. I love seeing the stuff we're getting now, which is snippets of toy packaging and things like lunch boxes and childrens' duvet sets.

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”