Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008)

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008)

Postby Zansi'Vara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:06 pm

REPO! THE GENETIC OPERA
-----------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------
Synopsis: In the not-too-distant future, an outbreak of organ failures leads to mass deaths across the world. Millions of people die, until a hero rises from the ashes. GeneCo develops replacement organs, and a highly addictive anesthetizing/rejection-inhibiting drug called Zydrate. They offer their services to the world under affordable payment plans, but beware lest you miss your payments, or GeneCo will send the Repo Man to take back what is theirs and leave you in a pile of your own viscera.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0963194/
Trailers:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Zansi'Vara

Re: Repo! The Genetic Opera (2008)

Postby Zansi'Vara » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:10 pm

One of my favorite movies of all time. Every few months I have to go through and either rewatch it, or just spend a few days indulging in all the music.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:33 am

Amazingly weird fucking movie! ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:20 am

I've been watching a ton of clips and listening to a bunch of the songs lately. They're all so catchy and unique. I think I like Nathan's songs the best, but it's a VERY close call between him and Graverobber.
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:31 pm

someone told me to check this out a long time ago and i never did. guess it should go back on my list!
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:someone told me to check this out a long time ago and i never did. guess it should go back on my list!

Definitely! It's super violent and bloody, but that fits the theme of the movie so well. The actors all do such great jobs in their roles, especially Anthony Stewart Head as Nathan and Alexa Vega as Shilo. Even Paris Hilton does a REALLY awesome job portraying the daughter of GeneCo's owner, the spoiled Zydrate-addict who acted as the face of GeneCo's Zydrate Support Network while still indulging in street-grade Zydrate. Even Sarah Brightman is in this as Blind Mag, and she looks AMAZING, especially considering she was 50 when the movie was filmed. I swear, she doesn't look a day over 30. Absolutely gorgeous costuming and set designs, the lighting and color direction gives such a great and unique feeling to every scene, super catchy songs, and one of the most compelling and original stories I've heard in years. 100% worth the watch.

I actually discovered that the director and screenwriter both did 2 other movies after this one, as well, called The Devil's Carnival, and its sequel released last year, Alleluja: The Devil's Carnival. I found them for rent/buy on YouTube, but I haven't had the money to check them out yet. I probably won't love them as much, just because Repo will easily forever be up there as one of my favorite movies of all time.
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:06 am

well honestly, the only musicals i enjoy are either twisted/bloody/has a lot of people dying in it :giggle:
(think Little Shop of Horrors, Sweeny Todd, and Les Mis...lol)

also didn't realize such interesting people are in it

so yeah, i'm game. /nod
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:13 am

NaranjaRa wrote:well honestly, the only musicals i enjoy are either twisted/bloody/has a lot of people dying in it :giggle:
(think Little Shop of Horrors, Sweeny Todd, and Les Mis...lol)

also didn't realize such interesting people are in it

so yeah, i'm game. /nod

Oh, yeah, perfect, you're absolutely gonna love it. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”