Star Wars: Rogue One Trailer!!!

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:57 pm

/bump

More Rogue One luv
Spoiler: show
Image Image
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:20 pm

Brewtality wrote:
Hahahaha! UNBELIEVABLE! I've read EVERY Star Wars book apart from the stuff after the 'New Jedi Order' series and know far, far too much about Star wars for it to be healthy.

Here's me at my school's halloween dress-up day last year:

Yes, I moved to Africa and made sure to leave enough space to bring my Darth Vader helmet...

If you love Star Wars then I highly recommend this podcast. It's often very funny and is just a lot of fun.

http://neozaz.com/category/podcasts/star-wars-in-character/

haha thats great! look at that kids face.. i love real moments like that :D
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Re: Star Wars: Rogue One Trailer!!!

Postby Feydakin » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:41 pm

"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Sat Jul 16, 2016 1:05 pm

#Vader
;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:43 pm

ImageImage
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Re:

Postby Rivoc » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:00 am

Brewtality wrote:
girlapaloo wrote:
Feydakin wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

They freaking nailed Mon Mothma. I thought it must be CG or something at first, but they found her doppelganger and put her in the same fucking outfit! :D

I didn't notice that until you pointed it out... wow, could they be related? The resemblance is uncanneh

Hahahaha! UNBELIEVABLE! I've read EVERY Star Wars book apart from the stuff after the 'New Jedi Order' series and know far, far too much about Star wars for it to be healthy.

Here's me at my school's halloween dress-up day last year:

Yes, I moved to Africa and made sure to leave enough space to bring my Darth Vader helmet...

If you love Star Wars then I highly recommend this podcast. It's often very funny and is just a lot of fun.

http://neozaz.com/category/podcasts/star-wars-in-character/

there are no words for how much awesome is in this pic!!!! Way to capture the moment /tup

I just saw the trailer on the big screen when i went to see star trek. LOOKS INCREDIBLE!!!!! I was never that big into star wars or star trek, but ive seen spaceballs a shameful amount of times, as a kid and adult.

all that aside, the potential for solid story with substance is all over this franchise. I hope they execute as well as I expect.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:20 am

ImageImage
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:54 pm

So was a little on the fence about this. They kept on going on about it being 'Saving Private Ryan' but Star Wars and about how it was this really ambitious film which showed a different side to Star Wars but I just didn't see it. Now I do and I absolutely cannot wait to see this. Rogue One looks like a video game brought to life - in a good way - and it's as though my dreams have come true! I just hope I can afford to travel back to the UK to see this like I did with The Force Awakens because I want to the big IMAX screen and the sound and everything. I'm officially on board and I am the biggest Star Wars fan any of you will ever meet (sorry pretenders!)!

girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:33 pm

The trailer gave me chills. So very stoked for this one to come out!
Image Image
moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:58 pm

Yeah! got me them tingles. I am excite.
ImageImage
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:23 pm

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story International Trailer #1! It actually has more in it than the domestic one...

ImageImage
Itsa notame
grasshopper

Postby Itsa notame » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:49 pm

Man I love Star Wars can't wait for this
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story trailer 2!

ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:09 pm

gahhhhhhhhhhh i'm gonna have to bring extra pants!!!!!
Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:14 pm

I know that this thread is for the trailor.. but I can not find it for the movie...

All I have to say is.. I am not a fan of the ending...

All I have to ask is why?
They would have lovely children.. and they would have grown up in the resistance! Did George R.R Martin write this one?? Really not sure.
Brewtality
novice ninja

Postby Brewtality » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Well, because none of those characters were ever mentioned in the Original Trilogy. If they'd have survived then they would be heroes of the Rebellion and would have probably been given hefty commissions. As it was, the Rogue One mission was a suicide mission and that proved to be the case in the end. They were all killed thanks to Tarkin's ruthless desire to tie up any potential loose ends whilst tightening his grip on power. I actually think that it wouldn't have made sense if they'd have survived.
Last edited by Skywalker on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tells the Ending.. no need to spoil it for those who has not seen it.

Skywalker
I Feel Ya Sista... Not in that way

Postby Skywalker » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Brewtality wrote:
Well, because none of those characters were ever mentioned in the Original Trilogy. If they'd have survived then they would be heroes of the Rebellion and would have probably been given hefty commissions. As it was, the Rogue One mission was a suicide mission and that proved to be the case in the end. They were all killed thanks to Tarkin's ruthless desire to tie up any potential loose ends whilst tightening his grip on power. I actually think that it wouldn't have made sense if they'd have survived.

I agree with you. Still does not make me happy.

My mom really liked it, said that it reminded her the first Star Wars movies, that she went to the theather to see back in the day. I think that is something that the makers of this movie should be proud of, cause she was NOT a fan of the Ep. 1,2, and 3, not even really a fan of Awakens, she said that it was missing something. She was unable to explain it.

I will say this, they created characters that was memorible and it was wonderful storytelling. Can't ask more than that.
girlapaloo

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Skywalker wrote:
Brewtality wrote:

I agree with you. Still does not make me happy.

My mom really liked it, said that it reminded her the first Star Wars movies, that she went to the theather to see back in the day. I think that is something that the makers of this movie should be proud of, cause she was NOT a fan of the Ep. 1,2, and 3, not even really a fan of Awakens, she said that it was missing something. She was unable to explain it.

I will say this, they created characters that was memorible and it was wonderful storytelling. Can't ask more than that.

Just watched Rogue One last weekend and really liked it.
Even days later, my thoughts and emotions keep coming back to the film; that's how I know it was good!
It really did feel much more like the original trilogy.
I was also impressed with how they downplayed some of the the cheesy music this time.
Could have done without the 2 seconds where they injected R2D2 and C3PO in there for no real reason :giggle:

Love what they did with the plot. My love for Star Wars feels renewed. Can't wait for the next installment.
That's definitely not how I felt while waiting for the newer trilogy to come out.
Image Image
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:50 pm

i think what it was most successful at was showing us how very hard the rebellion was fighting. they made that sense of utter desperation real with this film, since we knew little of the ground battles going on at the time. this film showed us how horrible conditions were and how brutal the fighting was. to me it gave everything else that came afterward an even greater weight to it....to know how many sacrificed themselves and their families in order to resist the Empire.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:28 am

Yeah this is the Star Wars movies that many fans have wanted for a long time, including myself. This is the de facto "Rogue One" thread I guess since no one made one. ;)
ImageImage

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”