Assassin's Creed (2016)

For all things film & documentary. NO LINKS!!!
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Thu May 12, 2016 1:59 pm

Assassin's Creed -- IMDB

Through a revolutionary technology that unlocks his genetic memories, Callum Lynch (Michael Fassbender) experiences the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. Callum discovers he is descended from a mysterious secret society, the Assassins, and amasses incredible knowledge and skills to take on the oppressive and powerful Templar organization in the present day.

ASSASSIN’S CREED stars Academy Award® nominee Michael Fassbender (X-Men: Days of Future Past, 12 Years a Slave) and Academy Award winner Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises, La Vie en Rose). The film is directed by Justin Kurzel (Snowtown, Macbeth); produced by New Regency, Ubisoft Motion Pictures, DMC Films and Kennedy/Marshall; co-financed by RatPac Entertainment and Alpha Pictures; and distributed by 20th Century Fox . ASSASSIN’S CREED opens in theaters worldwide on December 21st, 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcTtP1JnJ_E
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Thu May 12, 2016 2:00 pm

Regarding the trailer...
[spoiler]I don't like the Kanye music[/spoiler]
"I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin', and hook up with them later." [em]~Mitch Hedberg[/em]
Shumaza
ninja with training wheels

Postby Shumaza » Thu May 12, 2016 8:26 pm

ya i'm calling it right now

Hollow as an old tree story wise. Big budget raping of source material with tons of fan service that in no way helps the movie and fassbender being totally WASTED as the top notch actor he is

moonshine
190 PROOF

Postby moonshine » Thu May 12, 2016 8:49 pm

ugh, no.
ImageImage
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Thu May 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Yeah I'm not sure? Could be a total miss. Ya never know though. Look at Batman vs Superman. Visually it looks good to me. But that's about it.
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri May 13, 2016 1:45 pm

Yeah I think the movie is going to be better than the games at this point... Ubisoft just keep slapping a new coat of paint on their games and just re-releasing them for the last 5 plus years.

The thing that absolutely ruined that trailer for me and made me unable to really enjoy it or get psyched for the movie is that god awful Kanye music.
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Fri May 13, 2016 2:24 pm

Feydakin wrote:The thing that absolutely ruined that trailer for me and made me unable to really enjoy it or get psyched for the movie is that god awful Kanye music.

Yes, Same for me!

I have read a bunch of reviews from people, post-trailer, and they are pretty good. People seem intrigued but dislike the music.
Of course the internet comes to the rescue. Here are a bunch of YouTube Videos of the trailer with "fixed music".
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Fri May 13, 2016 4:05 pm

It is an amazing testament to the fact that the right music makes all the difference... The one with Ezio's theme from AS2 is a perfect counterpoint to the action on screen. This is the movie I want to see.

[spoiler]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPtgtMoggzg[/spoiler]
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
anynoise
novice ninja

Postby anynoise » Fri May 13, 2016 5:42 pm

Feydakin wrote:It is an amazing testament to the fact that the right music makes all the difference... The one with Ezio's theme from AS2 is a perfect counterpoint to the action on screen. This is the movie I want to see.

Absolutely! I'm starting to wonder how the Kanye choice made it all the way through the process without someone saying...hey we should go this way instead?
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat May 14, 2016 2:11 am

Feydakin wrote:It is an amazing testament to the fact that the right music makes all the difference... The one with Ezio's theme from AS2 is a perfect counterpoint to the action on screen. This is the movie I want to see.

thats amazing to me.. how one song can completely change that initial feel of a film. i got to be honest here, i will probably end up watching it at some point, but that trailer makes it intriguing
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Return to “Movies and Documentaries Discussion”