Love and Peace

So, who are you? Tell us about yourself and get to know us. Welcome to Ninja Evolution :)
Manhal
ninja with training wheels

Re: Love and Peace

Postby Manhal » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:48 am

Really nice ink. I'm still re-reading it. I really like how you phrased that. Actually makes me feel like my first bike ride. Wobbly and shit lol.
NaranjaRa, thank you.
Phara, thank you.
Shukran.
I am only here a short time. Inshalla khair :) I love you all.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:44 am

/bigsmile
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Gwenno
Amigwenumi

Postby Gwenno » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:08 am

That was a good piece to read (sun) I too have become more of a fb person (and I am not ashamed of that lol) Forumming takes more time, but this forum really deserves that. I too think you belong, just get you feet in to feel the temprature and say something here and there. You already made a good start!
I think we can say that you will lurk no more, you already shared too much of yourself to (keep) flying unnoticed. <3
Live today, 'cause if you don't, you might live to regret it.... Amanda Marshall
Image Image
Image Image
Spoiler: show
/anna hijack! :kiss:
ghostdogg
Rewind. Spit. Scratch. See Heaven.

Postby ghostdogg » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:30 pm

Manhal wrote:My third thought is:
I think I posted to one other thread, but this is still the only thread I feel comfortable in. I haven't gone over as much as I would like before I pop my head up.
I clicked on GhostDogg's cool soundcloud, and it is really nice. I put the needle back on that record a few times. In fact, I'm going to go listen now! Respect to my Canadian brother.

Kindest regards,

Manhal

Thank you my brother! As ink said, the more you get into it the more natural it becomes... Like second-nature. And before you know it, you're cruising through the boards!

This motion also affects others, as they get inspired by your movement and your words. You wouldn't believe how inspired I get to make more music when I get feedback from my fellow ninjas! So again, thank you and welcome to the boards.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:20 pm

Oh frick, just did a little forum creep and you came in here with a BANG. Welcome.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Lena
the unproven

Postby Lena » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:03 am

Manny, I admire your openness and willingness to share. It's so beautiful. You seem like a wonderful human.

Welcome back /peace
Manhal

Postby Manhal » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:29 am

I am humbled. Thank you all. I'm no saint. I just have alot of love to pass on. I kind of feel when I am typing here, that I can't help but share with all my heart. I live to serve. When I am helping others, that is when I know myself the best.
Thank you for the opportunity.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:18 pm

Yay Manny! Welcome to ninja.

Sorry I'm late to the party, I saw your hip-hop/science topic and now I'm stalking all your posts. DON'T MIND ME.

Anyway, glad to have you here. I can't wait to get to know you and share space with you. <3
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:26 pm

Manhal wrote:My very first interaction with this forum/community was this: the Queen reached out, and a royal hand lifted a peasants gaze. She steered him to action.
She asked me to read about the plight of a member. I really was blown away by the communication. And saddened by the reason, but I empathized. Brutal! Fuck those people! She was having a bad time at work. It was shitty. I was sad for her. I didn't really know what to say. But she was in my thoughts. She still is.
But

I watched as all of these different people came out with such strong, crazy, beyond altruistic support. Overwhelmingly inspiring. They just let her know they were there for her, and wanted her to tell them how they could help. Sensitively assuring her. These people were on deck!

And please, AliceElite, you are so loved. Take solace in that.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2&p=21906#p21899
I'm a complete stranger and I am still affected by your story ( :heart: ). I am also here if you would like to talk. I can even be mildly amusing sometimes. All these people just want to help. How cool is that?

That is EXACTLY what this community is about and it is really honestly saving me right now. :heart: I never mind making new friends, especially nerdy ones!

You, too, are a part of ninja - and maybe not as many people know your name yet, but we're also here for you. You voice support for me, I come out for you - that's how the house gets built, that's how we feed each other, body AND soul.

I'm so glad you're here with us.
Manhal

Postby Manhal » Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:35 pm

Thanks AliceElite, all the best buds!
Glad to be here, and I appreciate your kind words. Thank you for making me feel welcome.
I hope you enjoy what I've written so far.
One love.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:36 am

Welcome Manhal!

Wow.... and i mean that in the sincerest way possible. WTG on just everything. Youre definitely wise beyond your years. I feel like I gained 4 wisdom points just reading your posts in this intro thread!!!!

I'm really looking forward to reading more of your posts, however long it takes for you to feel comfortable (sun)

SO MUCH SCIENCE, hehe I teach 6th grade math and the science teacher has been almost like a mentor to me, as i only started doing this at the end of last September. I feel lucky to have you in our community. Branch out and enjoy as you see fit! I hope I see you around sir! AWESOME intro, the whole damn thread!!!
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:30 am

Manhal wrote:I am humbled. Thank you all. I'm no saint. I just have alot of love to pass on. I kind of feel when I am typing here, that I can't help but share with all my heart. I live to serve. When I am helping others, that is when I know myself the best.
Thank you for the opportunity.

your :heart: literally radiates from every word that you type.
it's not always easy to glean someone's nature by soley reading through font. but this is not at all the case here.

the act of sharing becomes a transfer of energies.
much like alchemy there is equal exchange. i believe you are already experiencing the fact that you receive what you give here. i will reiterate what's been mentioned already in regards to how this tends to happen naturally the deeper you delve into the community and contribute to its growth.

our service to each other helps illuminate our invisible bonds
our differences and distance fade as we bear our souls in these pages, the common ground rises up beneath us, keeping us steady and transforming community into family.

/peace
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:45 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:

our differences and distance fade as we bear our souls in these pages, the common ground rises up beneath us, keeping us steady and transforming community into family.

/peace

yoo that was good.. just going to sit on that for a while /nod
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Manhal

Postby Manhal » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:33 am

/blush /blush /blush /blush
Shukran shukran ya habibati (Thank you Thank you my loves)

AliceElite, hugs. Thank you.
AliceElite wrote:That is EXACTLY what this community is about and it is really honestly saving me right now. :heart: I never mind making new friends, especially nerdy ones!

You, too, are a part of ninja - and maybe not as many people know your name yet, but we're also here for you. You voice support for me, I come out for you - that's how the house gets built, that's how we feed each other, body AND soul.

I'm so glad you're here with us.

I'm glad I'm here too. I hope to live to be worthy.
Rivoc wrote:I'm really looking forward to reading more of your posts, however long it takes for you to feel comfortable (sun)

I am feeling my stride. Thank you Rivoc, it's actually a bit unnerving at first and I've made more a conscious transition to engaging with more posts. Thank you for the sincerity, and I hope to get to know you better. Feel free to hit me up anytime. That goes for anyone reading this. I am here for you.

Rivoc wrote:I teach 6th grade math and the science teacher has been almost like a mentor to me, as i only started doing this at the end of last September.
Please feel free to hit me up for any teaching materials, advice, or whatever. Lesson planning can be hard, I believe in sharing all resources raises all boats together. I also archive lots of cool stuff, all I need to do is search for you! All the best in your journey. :heart:

NaranjaRa. Thank you for kind words. I am touched. Sincerely. You're first sentence leaves me feeling loved. I stay honest to the words, leaving an editor window, coming back to it, sometimes for hours, just trying to weave an intelligible and honest pattern, honest to how I feel. You're insight about the exchange, like alchemy, leaving us both changed, it resonates and leaves me....taken aback. I am still pondering what you said. I am a seeker of the light. Most of my personal philosophy is underpinned by optimism and hope. I've had growing pains along the way. It has been my pleasure to exist this long. Inevitably, I must ask, about this alchemy, I am changing, and providing change...and this is the weird part of me...I must ask permission, do I have the right to tell others how I feel? I do feel, not believe necessarily, that I am supposed to help others. That it is my purpose. It is the outward expression of my deeper understanding of how I should live. For others. But in my real life. When I can look people in the eyes, and give them my trust. To ask their permission, with my soul. Truly, without this, I do feel apprehensive. I do not want to force myself onto anyone. So this communication goes deep for me. I want to share all I have built of myself, my mind and soul. Real love. I got it from my mama! She's my hero.

NaranjaRa wrote:your :heart: literally radiates from every word that you type.
it's not always easy to glean someone's nature by soley reading through font. but this is not at all the case here.

the act of sharing becomes a transfer of energies.
much like alchemy there is equal exchange. i believe you are already experiencing the fact that you receive what you give here. i will reiterate what's been mentioned already in regards to how this tends to happen naturally the deeper you delve into the community and contribute to its growth.

/peace

I am honoured to feel such love from you all. What I have given, my soul has received back 100x. The illusory nature of distance between us all does fade, as you say, in these pages. It melts away. They seem more magical the more and more I engage, these pages. Commonality of the medium of our expression, this space, does bridge and make certain the commonality of our hearts. I had only ever dreamed, before I had started here, what it might have been like to be a part of all this. With you all. My brother and I followed NV and loved it from afar. The phrase, "I wonder what she's like" (concerning Phara), was pondered often. I am humbled. i lower my gaze here. it is a spiritual, and protected space.....here is me, i lay bare, to give of myself unto you all...NaranjaRa, I also want to add, the way you broke that down was, and still is, beautiful. Merci :heart:

This was so beautiful, I had to quote it again, like ink.
NaranjaRa wrote:our service to each other helps illuminate our invisible bonds

Damn /flame thats hot fire. Yes, yes it does. Amazing.
What I feel from all of these are the communal support you have shown. I have struggles, on a daily basis, that I haven't shared too much about. Pops is pretty sick at home, problems with work and life,...and I do feel, after reading all this, I can share that. My role, in my world, is to be there, for everyone. It's my default. I want to be that for all of you too. No matter what. Loyal till my last breath.

Salaam.(Peace)
Manhal

Postby Manhal » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:10 am

Gwenno wrote:That was a good piece to read (sun) I too have become more of a fb person (and I am not ashamed of that lol) Forumming takes more time, but this forum really deserves that. I too think you belong, just get you feet in to feel the temprature and say something here and there. You already made a good start!
I think we can say that you will lurk no more, you already shared too much of yourself to (keep) flying unnoticed. <3

Thank you Gwenno.
Rivoc
8 Bit Wonder

Postby Rivoc » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:02 am

Im very happy you're here. I might hit you up on that. i dont have much freedom as im forced to teach scripted curriculum from a common core book, but i do have some freedoms with it. id love to bounce some ideas your way in the future! especially for my observation plans! Thanks Manny. over 2 days i know you i already feel the bond growing. Shine on man!
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:56 pm

i'm so completely touched that what i wrote resonated in such a way. wow. i guess sometimes something somewhat decent just tumbles out of me like that. :giggle: (likely inspired by what you've already been saying around the boards.)

Manhal wrote:NaranjaRa. Thank you for kind words. I am touched. Sincerely. You're first sentence leaves me feeling loved. I stay honest to the words, leaving an editor window, coming back to it, sometimes for hours, just trying to weave an intelligible and honest pattern, honest to how I feel. You're insight about the exchange, like alchemy, leaving us both changed, it resonates and leaves me....taken aback. I am still pondering what you said. I am a seeker of the light. Most of my personal philosophy is underpinned by optimism and hope. I've had growing pains along the way. It has been my pleasure to exist this long. Inevitably, I must ask, about this alchemy, I am changing, and providing change...and this is the weird part of me...I must ask permission, do I have the right to tell others how I feel? I do feel, not believe necessarily, that I am supposed to help others. That it is my purpose. It is the outward expression of my deeper understanding of how I should live. For others. But in my real life. When I can look people in the eyes, and give them my trust. To ask their permission, with my soul. Truly, without this, I do feel apprehensive. I do not want to force myself onto anyone. So this communication goes deep for me. I want to share all I have built of myself, my mind and soul. Real love. I got it from my mama! She's my hero.

i completely understand the trepidation that comes with sharing oneself. i've always been more of an observer, a listener, because i don't want to put *my problems* on other people. but i find that the best way i can usually relate to others is by sharing my own experience. i suppose it's just a matter of balance. i NEVER want to be the type of person often referred to as an "energy vampire", but i think just being aware of this fact and being conscious of one's own level of possible over-sharing keeps this in check. by all means, use this place, these pages...find solace here and comfort here. we learn from each others' experiences, from both the positive and negative ones. i hope that you learn to trust us with the things you wish to lay bare. we will be, and are, here for you...

<3
Manhal

Postby Manhal » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:32 am

This is my most raw.

I have been visiting my sister for the past couple of days, and I haven't been able to follow much of Ninja recently. And I've missed it. I had a great time with niece and nephew, and got to chill and introduced my sis to Luke Cage, although God love her she fell asleep by episode 2, she is a hard working mom. But I just came home today, and I had a bit of a hard night, and the first place I wanted to share it was here. As I am writing, I am choking back a few tears, the family doctor just left from our house, after giving my father a B12 shot and sipping Turkish coffee. Lovely guy. He gave my father a shot because he is dying of cancer....and I don't know how to feel. I am a biologist, not a doctor, but when we found out a couple years ago, it was an atypical, slow, capsular, sclerosing thymoma. I learned everything I could about it, and I have been able to represent my fathers wishes (I have his assent). But now it has metastasized. I recently took him to do a bone scan, and we just tonight got the results, and discovered it has moved to his lower left lung, ribcage, hips, right femur, skull,...for the first time in two years, since we found out, I wept. The wave broke.

My mom came and hugged me, and we hugged it out. I guess now that things have become more serious in the last couple months, it has become increasingly harder to deny what is happening. Now I'm stuffing the fruit plates and sesame cookies left over from the visit into my mouth with a pot of turkish coffee, puffing away on my watermelon mint shisha, typing away, trying to stop being so angry and helpless. I'm shaking, and sweating through my shirt, pacing the room, and I can't focus.

I just wanted to get that out, and try and feel better. And I do. Thank you for reading. Thank you Ninja.
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.

Postby cerrodepedro » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:38 am

:( Oh no. Hey, thank you for sharing. That's a great deal of vulnerability. I wish you and me, and maybe even your dad, were close enough to share a blunt. I can feel something of your care and love of him as I read. I hope that if it benefits you, you continue to process on here, where it will be respected rather than spectated. I can tell you that among those of us who kicked around a little bit on the forums before the raid, from the least active lurkers to the moderately active minor contributors (I think I'd fall into this category) to the various 'fuck the system' deities you continue to interact with now, we all notice your posts, your empathy, and your appreciation for people in general. And while everyone is responsible for their own lives and their own ways of coping with difficulty, I can tell you I've felt more sincerity here than in a barrage of messages and comments and posts that was expected in all of my post-raid, pre-Ninja Evolution online activity.

Anyhow, loves. We see you and we care about you, physically distant and interpersonally digital as you may be.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:11 pm

Grief is a strange beast...

I'm not usually a woman of many words, but I'd like to reiterate that we are here for you as a community.
Being a part of Ninja helped me get through losing my dad earlier this year.
Something he always said to me was, "Don't grieve for me before I'm even dead."
From my experience, it doesn't really get easier, but it is possible to become stronger.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
Manhal

Postby Manhal » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:36 pm

I do feel better today. And reading what you both said was a gift. Thank you. I am usually a rock for my family, and it helped alot to share that with you all. I'm much better today, and I had breakfast with my baba and we laughed and cried. I don't usually reveal so much, but my heart was so heavy, and the words tumbled out of me. I am trying to convince my father and the family doctor to prescribe CBD's,...and later today we are going to the nutritionist to talk about his diet. I'm so sorry girlapaloo. And I do get it, and I will try and be stronger. Yes, it is hard not to grieve for him before he is dead. I just want to scream sometimes, its not fair! I love my baba, and it hurts so much.

Yes, I do blaze, something I don't like to share publicly, but for you cerrodepedro, I would liff (roll) and present you with the best Hamilton has to offer...and we do it right up here (dipped in hash, lined with shatter). Thank you again habibi. I am new here, and I honestly wouldn't have shared so much if it weren't for the kind of night I had. I don't want to rant here too much. I just felt so vulnerable, and writing helped me process. There is a apt line in Star Trek TNG my friends use sometimes when I hesitate to come to them with my problems. "Who counsels the counselor?". I appreciate being able to share here. Thank you again for the hospitality.

Return to “Introductions”