Feydakin's Nerd-tastic RPG Collection

Comic lovers rejoice! NO LINKS!!! Do you collect cool stuff? Show it off here!
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:02 am

Some people collect nerdy memorabilia, toys, etc... and I do to a small degree. Really though my collection obsession is for role-playing games and other tabletop games. Here's a small cross section of my collection. This is maybe 10% of my whole collection... ;)

Some nerdy people might recognize these names... it's the inside cover of the first printing of the Dungeons & Dragons 3rd Edition rulebook.

I spent quite a while at GenCon 2000 chewing the fat with Gary Gygax, for which I am very thankful to have done before he passed away.

One of these days I'll have a real library to house all of my books... all totaled I estimate that I have well over a thousand unique books and boxed sets, most of them are in storage right now.

You might wonder how it is that I came to be acquainted with these legends. I was fortunate enough to work as a TSR/Wizards of the Coast "redshirt" for a while, and was a tester for many years. I also worked for WizKids Games for a couple years, the company founded by Jordan Weisman who created the Shadowrun game. ;)

Yes, nerd. ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Postby ink » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:22 am

only 10%?! :O
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:27 am

ink wrote:only 10%?! :O

I could literally fill a small store... ;)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places..." ~ H.P. Lovecraft, "From Beyond"Image
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:28 am

i would love to peruse your collection sir. some of those games bring back a lot of fond memories

yes
//nerd :)
Feydakin
Blissfully Oblivious

Postby Feydakin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:37 pm

When we get settled in my new house in a few years we'll have you guys up for a visit and you can peruse my library... right now most of it is stored in a musty old closed up barn, safe from the elements, but not really that comfy for perusing. ;)

Yeah what I have out on shelves constitutes at most 10% of my total collection. Back in the day when Ebay first really took off, I was heavy into buying, selling and trading role-playing games until it basically became my business. Then in the early 2000s I was offered takeover of a game store in my area, which I did. Several years later I had to close it due to my landlord being a psycho and ever since then all of my stuff has been in storage. :/
ImageImage
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:10 am

Wow....what a collection. I'm jealous. Also, I suddenly want to get the dice out and play some RPGs.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:21 pm

i just found out some old friends are actually playing D&D
don't have the time i'd like to have to play again
hell, i don't even play video games

because when i do, i sit down and suddenly it's a week later O_o :D
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Tue Jun 14, 2016 3:40 am

When life settles down a bit for me I'd be down to start a weekend gaming session via skype or some other platform. I know how to play Ad&D 2nd edition (could learn another version easily), Vampire, Star Wars, GURPS, Warhammer RPG.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Comics and Collectors' Corner”