Movie Adaptations vs Comic comparison thread

Comic lovers rejoice! NO LINKS!!! Do you collect cool stuff? Show it off here!
Ron
grasshopper

Postby Ron » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:11 am

So this could go in Movies but this board is dry so here is where I'll put it.

Just a general talk about how well Movies adapted the source material.

I'll start with Watchmen

I don't think a movie has come out before or since that has completely encapsulated the source material into a direct translation on screen. It's easily the best comic book movie to be released and in my top 5 movies of all time. From the cinematic "Straight from the page" comic book shots at the beginning to the wonderfully choreographed action scenes. The movie set the Gold Standard for what a Comic Book Movie should be.
ImageImage
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:25 pm

I know there is a lot of Spiderman fatigue out there but honestly I'm looking forward to see what effect Marvel Studios will have on the Sony product. I hope they skip over the origin story and just get on with it. Like it or not (and I like it) Spiderman is the center of the Marvel Universe and it's most important character. He needs to take his rightful place atop the pile ........ and with the infinity gems in play I wanna see this so bad:

ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
Ron
grasshopper

Postby Ron » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:04 am

I don't think I ever saw Spidey punch Hulk into space.

The cold never bothered him anyway.
ImageImage
Pawly
Grandmaster Sensei of the Dark Corners

Postby Pawly » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:13 am

Bubbles wrote:I don't think I ever saw Spidey punch Hulk into space.

The cold never bothered him anyway.

Or fly. Infinity Gems FTW!

EDIT: My mistake. Spidey never had any of the Infinity gems. He was imbued with Captain Universe's power Cosmic. A simple mistake really. :/
ImageImage
It's MY world. You just a squirrel tryna get a nut!
ImageImage
ImageImage
CLICK ME!!
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sun May 01, 2016 1:24 am

Bubbles wrote:So this could go in Movies but this board is dry so here is where I'll put it.

Just a general talk about how well Movies adapted the source material.

I'll start with Watchmen

I don't think a movie has come out before or since that has completely encapsulated the source material into a direct translation on screen. It's easily the best comic book movie to be released and in my top 5 movies of all time. From the cinematic "Straight from the page" comic book shots at the beginning to the wonderfully choreographed action scenes. The movie set the Gold Standard for what a Comic Book Movie should be.

Watchmen was definitely a great adaptation, and probably the 2nd of the only 2 of Snyder's films i've truly thought was worth something.

i suppose you've seen the motion-comic version? :)

since i brought up Hellboy in another thread, i gotta say i completely and without reservation LOVE what Del Torro did with Mignola's material from top to bottom. he literally brought those characters to life! Abe Sapien...just, wow. he really blows me away even more in the films than he ever did in the comics and that is saying something because i LOVE my Hellboy and my BPRD!

Return to “Comics and Collectors' Corner”