Work Related Nightmares

AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Work Related Nightmares

Postby AliceElite » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:04 pm

I had an awful work-related nightmare last night.

Everyone from work was there, even Derek (our old Field Director), at this big party and everyone was dressed up, there was food, and I wasn't dressed or like invited somehow, but was still there while I was trying to troubleshoot my ballot with campaign folks? And that sucked but the part that made me really sad was (and I mean, my real body is shaking and I'm still on the verge of tears after waking up) -

I couldn't vote.

For some reason, in the dream, I was ineligible because I had moved so much, and wasn't allowed to vote. And everyone at the party was like "welp, sucks for you, I'm gonna go dance." and I sat there crying in a side room.

This is what my politics job has reduced me to.
ink
God's Fountain Pen

Re: Work Related Nightmares

Postby ink » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:12 am

eww..
we are, what we allow to occupy us..

merlin
ninja with training wheels

Postby merlin » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:23 pm

I have worked for a few Winning Presidential campaigns as an IT Master and I never worried about any of this. I found out people were terrified of me and had nightmares about asking me questions or getting help because they thought I was going to lay into them. Turns out I was the nicest guy every but for some reason people hated me.
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:49 am

merlin wrote:I have worked for a few Winning Presidential campaigns as an IT Master and I never worried about any of this. I found out people were terrified of me and had nightmares about asking me questions or getting help because they thought I was going to lay into them. Turns out I was the nicest guy every but for some reason people hated me.

I'm so the person who would be terrified of you, too. XD And in politics, at least for me, everyone kind of seems out of my league. I always feel like the dumbest person in the room.
merlin
ninja with training wheels

Postby merlin » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:47 pm

pigspigs76 wrote:^sounds like peoples insecurities were being projected onto you ... Perhaps your role was archetypal, they see IT wizards as more influential and powerful than themselves and therefor an adverse disposition.

Alas it's likely true ... A single hack could single handedly determine the outcome if he or she were inspired

I can agree with that, being an volunteer is always a weird feeling. You have no title yet people find out what you are good at and use it.

[code][/code]
AliceElite wrote:
merlin wrote:I have worked for a few Winning Presidential campaigns as an IT Master and I never worried about any of this. I found out people were terrified of me and had nightmares about asking me questions or getting help because they thought I was going to lay into them. Turns out I was the nicest guy every but for some reason people hated me.

I'm so the person who would be terrified of you, too. XD And in politics, at least for me, everyone kind of seems out of my league. I always feel like the dumbest person in the room.

in politics just about everyone is a bullshitter. I would just fix things for people and try to be as nice as possible. It would make me laugh when people would be afraid to ask for some help. Sometimes I wondered if I just have a stern face, but I force myself to smile all the time. I guess it's just freaky
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:17 pm

merlin wrote:
I can agree with that, being an volunteer is always a weird feeling. You have no title yet people find out what you are good at and use it.

I mean as an organizer it's kind of their job to do that hahahahaha.

Return to “Jobs, gigs and business ideas”