Telecommute Jobs

User avatar
cerrodepedro
Words. I kill them.
Posts: 856
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:21 pm
Location: Intermountain West

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby cerrodepedro » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:11 am

AliceElite wrote:Ugh, I need this today. Losing my job, time to find another.

Applying to all the things.


Oh, shiiit. This is devastating. I wish I could get you in on what I have set up, but I started in the office, then moved to telecommute with the same position. I'm sorry this has happened to you.
Once was lost and now am lost; was blind but now I smoke
Image
Image
User avatar
ink
God's Fountain Pen
Posts: 2159
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:22 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby ink » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:31 am

its only a matter of time before someone stumbles in here, only to blowuptuaite.. just saying

your building a monster!

//lurks onward
we are, what we allow to occupy us..





Image
User avatar
Lena
the unproven
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:42 am
Location: Woke, AF

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby Lena » Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:18 am

I've been working as an independent consultant for the past two years, and in just the last few months I shifted so that 99% of my work is done remotely. This is a game changer. Travel when I want. Work when/where I want.

word.

Interested to hear from those who have transitioned from traditional work environments to telecomm/remote work. How did you pivot? What were your greatest obstacles? How did you overcome them? How are you able to sustain freelance work? How do you build connections with colleagues in telecomm. companies?

so much to discuss on this topic /smart
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:54 pm

Lena wrote:I've been working as an independent consultant for the past two years, and in just the last few months I shifted so that 99% of my work is done remotely. This is a game changer. Travel when I want. Work when/where I want.

word.

Interested to hear from those who have transitioned from traditional work environments to telecomm/remote work. How did you pivot? What were your greatest obstacles? How did you overcome them? How are you able to sustain freelance work? How do you build connections with colleagues in telecomm. companies?

so much to discuss on this topic /smart


Lena, even though what I do right now is sort of remote, it's still from a traditional work environment.
One day I really hope to find a way to work for myself. I'm not feeling prepared or brave enough to make that jump.
User avatar
Lena
the unproven
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:42 am
Location: Woke, AF

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby Lena » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:23 pm

girlapaloo wrote:Lena, even though what I do right now is sort of remote, it's still from a traditional work environment.
One day I really hope to find a way to work for myself. I'm not feeling prepared or brave enough to make that jump.


I feel you on this so hard. I had a talk with myself when I finished grad school in June: Would I get a teaching job or whatever like the rest of my friends or go with the momentum and see where independent consulting and startup life would take me? The choice is easy, of course, when the money is coming in, but it's risky, no doubt. However, it seems that in order to minimize risk, it's smart to start slow. Maintain a stable job, but find ways to free up time in order to cultivate freelance work. Eventually, the hope is that freelance work will be robust and dependable enough to drop to part-time or eliminate the day-job altogether.

Literally, every day for the past 3 months I've been asking myself whether this is the time to lean the fuck in, or nah? My gut says yes–go for it–but to do that I have to focus on minimizing my costs and stacking cash so that I can afford a security blanket if/when there's a lull in contracts. But who knows, I may be singing a different tune come January...I suspect I'll look for part-time work that offers full benefits (in academia) starting in the new year in order to have stable income etc., which is more necessary than ever since my student loans are basically mortgage payments .... UGH. Fuck. Adulting.

I think it's worth asking yourself, what will it take for you to make the jump and find the bravery to take a chance on yourself? Have you thought more about it?
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Lena wrote:
girlapaloo wrote:Lena, even though what I do right now is sort of remote, it's still from a traditional work environment.
One day I really hope to find a way to work for myself. I'm not feeling prepared or brave enough to make that jump.


I feel you on this so hard. I had a talk with myself when I finished grad school in June: Would I get a teaching job or whatever like the rest of my friends or go with the momentum and see where independent consulting and startup life would take me? The choice is easy, of course, when the money is coming in, but it's risky, no doubt. However, it seems that in order to minimize risk, it's smart to start slow. Maintain a stable job, but find ways to free up time in order to cultivate freelance work. Eventually, the hope is that freelance work will be robust and dependable enough to drop to part-time or eliminate the day-job altogether.

Literally, every day for the past 3 months I've been asking myself whether this is the time to lean the fuck in, or nah? My gut says yes–go for it–but to do that I have to focus on minimizing my costs and stacking cash so that I can afford a security blanket if/when there's a lull in contracts. But who knows, I may be singing a different tune come January...I suspect I'll look for part-time work that offers full benefits (in academia) starting in the new year in order to have stable income etc., which is more necessary than ever since my student loans are basically mortgage payments .... UGH. Fuck. Adulting.

I think it's worth asking yourself, what will it take for you to make the jump and find the bravery to take a chance on yourself? Have you thought more about it?


One thing I would like to get back into is selling on Etsy. I used to make things and now I just sit in a cubicle most of the day. /62
Between consistent Etsy sales and maybe some sort of virtual assistant gig, I would probably be really happy.
I just want time to be at home, and walk the dogs, and fucking smell the flowers when I feel like it.

Lena it sounds like you're very close to doing it. Building up an emergency fund is definitely smart.
I will be working on that - as soon as I get my credit card debt under control. Baby steps! /nod
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:22 pm

Scheduler/Remote Assistant @ Clara Labs
Looks like this could be a good source of supplemental income.
Independent contractor, work when you want (as long as emails are processed during US Pacific Time)
Scheduling - Gmail and Google Calendar mainly
No talking on the phone required
USA only

I just applied for this one myself :)
[update: They didn't hire me, probably because I rushed through the test. That's OK, I already work FT. :tongue: ]
The application takes you to a few sample emails that you have to respond to as if they were real clients.
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:47 pm

Expert Writers - Mommy Bloggers @ Checklist
Freelance, Flexible Hours, Laptop Required

Full job description
Apply Here
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:53 pm

User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:47 pm

Editing - Product Descriptions @ Crowd Content
Freelance, paid weekly through Paypal
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:57 pm

Creative Writer @ Virtual Dating Assistants
This could be a fun job for the right person...dating ghostwriter!
Freelance, Part Time/Flexible, $13-$15/hour
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:50 pm

Seasonal Support Rep @ YNAB (You Need a Budget)

Part Time, seasonal customer service for popular budgeting app.
I’ve used YNAB and it’s actually pretty cool.
$13/hour
20-30 hours/week
Season runs Dec. 28, 2016 through Mid Feb. 2017
Deadline to apply: October 23, 2016
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Copy Writers for Product Search Page Descriptions @ ZenContent

Freelance
ZenContent, a subsidiary of IZEA, is looking for talented writers to join a new project right away.

Read the Style Guide, then
Apply Here
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:58 pm

Got journalism / blogging experience?
Part Time editorial opportunities @ Bustle!
Minimum= six-hour shifts, at least two days a week, between Sunday and Thursday
Fashion & Beauty Identities Writer
News/Politics Writers
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Part Time listings @ PhotoBlog
Photography Writer $15/hour
Community/Social Media Manager 10-$15/hour
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Love sports and music events?
Gametime is hiring Fan Happiness Associates in the following states:

Florida
Hawaii
Arizona
New Mexico
Tennessee 
Utah
North Carolina


Full Time, $15-$18/hour, Spanish-speaking a plus
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby NaranjaRa » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:15 am

girlapaloo wrote:Photography and Illustration Reviewer @ Shutterstock
Requires 2 years editorial photography experience.
(Look for listings that say "Remote" or "Work From Home")


//applying
:kiss:

wow i really need to check this thread more often, for both myself and the fella who has done all manner of remote / freelance writing & editing jobs

and here i thought it was just a cool place for Locke sightings! :giggle: /sillyface
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:07 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:
girlapaloo wrote:Photography and Illustration Reviewer @ Shutterstock
Requires 2 years editorial photography experience.
(Look for listings that say "Remote" or "Work From Home")


//applying
:kiss:

wow i really need to check this thread more often, for both myself and the fella who has done all manner of remote / freelance writing & editing jobs

and here i thought it was just a cool place for Locke sightings! :giggle: /sillyface


Yay! I love that more and more businesses are making legit remote jobs like this available.
Aww man, I haven't brought Locke out in awhile, thx for the reminder! /rotfl
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler: show
Image Image
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:46 pm

Do you hate trolls?
Image
“Make the world a better place by offering an efficient solution for fighting scammers and trolls on social media.”
Sounds like it could be cool gig, right?

Customer Success Manager @ BrandBastion

This is a work from home job, but it looks like you’ll have travel opportunities, “A few times per year, you’ll need to fly to customers, who are mostly located in California and New York, and to company headquarters in Palo Alto or Helsinki, Finland.”
Pay is described as competitive.
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Communication Specialist @ Toptal
Assess English language and technical proficiency of developers joining their freelancer network.
Experience teaching English, or working for a multinational company preferred.

Full Time, Flexible Hours
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:01 pm

WRITE ABOUT CHOCOLATES. O_o
Freelance Blogger @ Delysia Cholatier
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:16 pm

After Affects Animator @ Connections Education
Help create animations for instructional courses.
Independent Contractor, Short Term
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Customer Support Champion @ Follow Up Boss
No weekends and some nice benefits
User avatar
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA
Posts: 2493
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:53 am
Location: in the grove
Contact:

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:42 am

girlapaloo wrote:Do you hate trolls?
Image
“Make the world a better place by offering an efficient solution for fighting scammers and trolls on social media.”
Sounds like it could be cool gig, right?

Customer Success Manager @ BrandBastion

This is a work from home job, but it looks like you’ll have travel opportunities, “A few times per year, you’ll need to fly to customers, who are mostly located in California and New York, and to company headquarters in Palo Alto or Helsinki, Finland.”
Pay is described as competitive.


u r so awesome....

...just like Lion-O riding a Unicorn! /rock :giggle: <3
User avatar
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN
Posts: 912
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Re: Telecommute Jobs

Postby girlapaloo » Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:22 pm

VIP Customer Support Manager @ AgoraPulse
Social media management for VIP clients such as Volkswagen, Pepsi, Yahoo, McDonald’s, Nivea. etc.

Return to “Jobs, gigs and business ideas”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests