The Ninja Therapy Thread

Discuss and get/offer advice on Relationships, Health, Parenting, Sex, Beauty, DIY...whatever matters in your Life.
AliceElite
//wrestles darkness...WINS!

Postby AliceElite » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:20 pm

aliceelite wrote:[11:55 am] Phara: its more about problem solving for me
like wtf ever about the past
how do we deal with this shit

<<< THIS. Like all my therapy always ended up like "ugh this thing is happening. How do?" And my therapist would be like, "Well, lets look at it this way. Lets reason this out. Lets process this current thing that is happening or needs to happen." and through that I learned the tools to be able to do that myself, in a way. So basically her role was to walk me through and train me in how to do that kind of external talk processing internally.

Hana was talking today about her new therapist in skype, and this was my response. Talk therapy for me didn't really help much with my anxiety or depression - that shit is all chemical for me. But what therapy did do was to help me learn coping skills to better help myself process my emotions. That, COMBINED WITH, medication really helped me get a handle on what I needed to do to be self-reflective and do the self work I needed to use my emotional crazies productively and not let them hurt me or hold me back.

It's an ongoing battle, and some days I lose it - but I'm getting better and better every day, and the therapy I did in high school set some really solid foundations for me to do unassisted self work later on.
PhlawlessPhelon
phrankly phenomenal

Postby PhlawlessPhelon » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:15 pm

Anxiety sucks. I can relate to people that struggle with anxiety related health issues. For me, talking helps. That being said, everyone's anxiety is different and solutions vary. For me, social interaction helps immensely.
-Master of all things pherret related
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Philly
adept ninja

Postby Philly » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:30 am

I gave up on therapy for myself but now I gotta sign my son up because his school recommends it. I keep going back & forth on my feelings about it. It never helped me but maybe it will help him. He's been thru a lot lately starting school, his grandpa died, he got a new dad & baby sister we put his favorite dog down and now we're selling the only home he ever knew. Its a lot I know, but none of it could be helped. Any moms wanna help with input? Am I wrong for being indecisive?
Never apologize for being nerdy because non-nerdy people never apologize for being assholes - john barrowman
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:37 pm

I would do it. If he's open to the idea, frame it as "This is a person who has a lot of tools that can help you." Therapy ISN"T going to work if he doesn't think anything is wrong, it's just flatly not going to - but if he's at least a little bit open minded then it could really, really help.

I know it really helped me, not just temporarily, but long term. <3 Mom to mom, I would definitely suggest trying it out.

It's not wrong to be indecisive - but keep in mind that just because it didn't help you doesn't mean he won't get anything out of it. I mean, really, there's no reason not to. <3 <3
Phara
The Glue To This Bitch!

Postby Phara » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:59 am

so......

i got drunk and passed out through my session. lol?
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Image Image
AliceElite

Postby AliceElite » Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:19 am

HANAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHYYYYYYYYY

Tsk tsk tsk.

<3 <3

Return to “Lifestyles General”