Personal nicotine vaporizers

Discuss and get/offer advice on Relationships, Health, Parenting, Sex, Beauty, DIY...whatever matters in your Life.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:31 pm

Well all the cool kids are vaping nowadays and so should you.

Let's talk about this shit
Azealdread
NinjaCrafted

Postby Azealdread » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:33 pm

I own the Istick 30W And normally vape at about 24% nicotine. My fav flavor though is snozzberry, or dark chocolate.
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:37 pm

I've reached the point in vaping where I go for simplicity. Been doing this for about 5 years now after all.

My setup
Eleaf I stick 50w
Aspire Atlantis sub ohm with 9.5 ohm coils.
18mg or 1.8% nicotine at 31watts or 3.9 volts.
Juice is typically one of three flavors.
Spacejam: astro
Can't remember brand: unicorns milk
Sterling vapors: old money
Zansi'Vara
Dark Horse of many truths

Postby Zansi'Vara » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:11 pm

I work at an Ecig N Vape one day a week. Been vaping for well over a year at this point. I started out on a mechanical mod, building my own child, which was fun. After my first mod started to wear out, I picked up a really nice full copper mechanical setup. More recently, however, I swapped to a simpler device, the Vaporesso Target VTC 75W. It uses these awesome ceramic composite wick. It has temp control options, but on a single battery mod like this, the VTC is kinda garbage

I mostly vape Juice Addict Ladybug with a hint of Axiom Icicles on top. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa
Nerd lvl: SUPA DUPA

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:01 pm

i'm a 1+ yr vaper and still keeping it very basic. trusty tube mod (smok zmax) & 5ml vision victory tanks are my favorite because i hate refills all the time. in the market to upgrade to a better kind of tank (sub ohm) but there's so much out there i don't want to get too complex or have too many different types of coils to buy.

i would like to learn more about how to handle an RBA so i didn't have to buy coils constantly, but i need someone to explain & show me what to do because i'm a very visual learner. :)

i dig candy flavors like swedish fish, gummy bear, and papa smurf i order online from my old neighborhood shop in baltimore.
Corgimom
3 hours later...

Postby Corgimom » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:55 am

I buy disposable ecig for travel and such but the whole vaping thing confuses me. Most of the time I just smoke tobacco or herb. Please share more details of the what and how? Edumacate me.
Image Image
est 1953

Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:38 am

Vaping at its core is a hobby. That's the best way to think about it.

It has gotten significantly easier over the years though.

The hardest part about getting started is how daunting it can be. There are about a million and a half different juices, mods(the ecig itself), and tanks.

Back when I started it was simple. There was one company called joyetech who made pretty much everything and they all sucked. My how times have changed.

So you want to get started? Let's make this simple.

I suggest a simple mod like this one (i'm linking this store due to price and shipping times with the usa)
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Eleaf-iStick-40W-TC-Kit-p/elis-is4070.htm
This mod is a very simple one. And can handle nearly anything you might throw at it. Charging is simple all you do is plug it in with a micro usb cable.

The tank is a little more difficult... But honestly I'd suggest something like this
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Aspire-Eigate-Triton-Sub-Ohm-Tank-p/ap-trt20.htm

This is a sub ohm tank. What that means is that it can provide a huge amount of vapor, flavor, and throat hit(throat hit is the feel of the vapor as you inhale it. Like when you I have a cigarette versus just breathing). With this you can also make a huge amount of customization in how you like to vape.

If you want to vape like you smoke. Draw vapor into mouth and then inhale vapor along with air.

Or vape via Inhaling straight to the lungs.

Both can easily be achieved through this tank and mod setup.

The point of getting a strong mod and a sub ohm tank is that as you vape you might notice the feeling for something more as you get used to how the vapor feels. With this setup you can increase the power and thus increase the "harshness" of the vapor. This works really well if you are trying to completely cut out nicotine over time.

When it comes to juices the best thing to do is find a local store and visit them to try a bunch until you find what you like.

Any more questions feel free to ask
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:40 am

NaranjaRa wrote:i'm a 1+ yr vaper and still keeping it very basic. trusty tube mod (smok zmax) & 5ml vision victory tanks are my favorite because i hate refills all the time. in the market to upgrade to a better kind of tank (sub ohm) but there's so much out there i don't want to get too complex or have too many different types of coils to buy.

i would like to learn more about how to handle an RBA so i didn't have to buy coils constantly, but i need someone to explain & show me what to do because i'm a very visual learner. :)

i dig candy flavors like swedish fish, gummy bear, and papa smurf i order online from my old neighborhood shop in baltimore.

In no way shape or form do I suggest buying this. It's garbage right now. But in a few months something like this might be the answer to your prayers.

https://originvape.com/product/altus-tank-atomizer-by-guo/
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:23 pm

Rwn wrote:
NaranjaRa wrote:i'm a 1+ yr vaper and still keeping it very basic. trusty tube mod (smok zmax) & 5ml vision victory tanks are my favorite because i hate refills all the time. in the market to upgrade to a better kind of tank (sub ohm) but there's so much out there i don't want to get too complex or have too many different types of coils to buy.

In no way shape or form do I suggest buying this. It's garbage right now. But in a few months something like this might be the answer to your prayers.

https://originvape.com/product/altus-tank-atomizer-by-guo/

thanks for the info Rwn!

so you're saying screw the whole idea of getting into RBA's? fine by me! LOL

so....Aspire or Kanger tanks?

i'm not looking to spend a lot. i drop my vape all the time, so i don't need some $$$ tank getting broken with my clumsy ass passing out all the time lol. i'm leaning towards getting a Nautilus...5ml...simple & not too expensive.
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:28 pm

i'm going to throw in my 2 cents for someone new:

what my husband and i first did was buy VERY inexpensive "pen" batteries...usually referred to as eGo as the most well-known brand sorta became the main term (like "kleenex" became general for "tissue")
they are small, look and feel like a pen-light, and charge by USB.
not super powerful, no fancy options.

usually they will come with a small tank/atomizer, but you can get them easily and very cheap as well.

again, not fancy, no options or variables really. just fill it with juice of your choice and smoke....

BUT it allows you to try it out and see if it is something for you without spending more than $10-15
the fella ended up not liking it much at all, but i stuck with it. we didn't invest much to find this out, which was cool...
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:31 pm

my vape shop...their juices are EXCELLENT. http://bmorevapes.3dcartstores.com/
girlapaloo
MF'n LION-O RIDING A UNICORN

Postby girlapaloo » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:34 pm

I use the pen style...but not with nicotine juice. It's called Miracle Smoke.
Not sure how much of a miracle it is but I like so far.
Spoiler: show
Image Image
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:46 pm

and yes, go to a local shop and try different juice flavors. most will even mix up a concoction of your choosing. it will help you figure out what kind of flavors you can smoke on a regular basis, your main flavor will become your ADV or All Day Vape. some people like bakery flavors, some like candy, some cereal, some regular cig flavors...on & on :)
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:44 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:
thanks for the info Rwn!

so you're saying screw the whole idea of getting into RBA's? fine by me! LOL

so....Aspire or Kanger tanks?

i'm not looking to spend a lot. i drop my vape all the time, so i don't need some $$$ tank getting broken with my clumsy ass passing out all the time lol. i'm leaning towards getting a Nautilus...5ml...simple & not too expensive.

The Nautilus is a pretty nice tank, though I have seen it have a few problems simply due to the central column and how it holds the glass, but if you're looking for subohm you'd be better off with either the Kangertech SubTank (Or Mini or Nano, to your preferene), or the Aspire Atlantis or Triton. The Aspire tanks will have easier to find replacement glass pieces, but I have always preferred KangerTech's build quality. Go down to your local shop, look at those options because I'm sure they have them, and compare the price to the functionality.

Biggest advantage to the Triton over the Atlantis is that Triton is top-fill. Seems small, but convenient as fuck.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:20 am

One HUGE piece of advice. DO NOT buy hardware at a local store. It will always be insanely over priced. Often times costing 2 or 3 times what it should cost. Get it online, unless you just want to support a local business.
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:38 am

Rwn wrote:One HUGE piece of advice. DO NOT buy hardware at a local store. It will always be insanely over priced. Often times costing 2 or 3 times what it should cost. Get it online, unless you just want to support a local business.

Amen. Only thing that might make up the price difference from some websites would be shipping, so shop around if you want the best deal.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Rwn
Missing In Action...

Postby Rwn » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:46 am

The site I use is http://www.myvaporstore.com they've got pretty fast shipping and decent prices. But if you can find someone better I'm always open
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:40 pm

omg i will take any and all suggestions for places to buy hardware. i've bought a couple of things from ebay, but i'm scared to try and get anything truly $$$ as the Chinese bootlegs flood that place HARD. and it's gross. :|

and i also 3rd not buying hardware at your local shop unless you're in a jam. and definitely not coils. price-gouge central....man.
Psy
Neck Veins & Deep Inner Bellows...

Postby Psy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Kangertech or Aspire, the only two companies you need hardware wise.

If you want lots of vapour go sub-ohm, if you just want nicotine, minimal vapour and good flavour, 1.5 or 1.8 Ohm Dual Coils.

My setup is an iLeaf 50W battery with a Kanger Aerotank Mega.
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 pm

eLeaf iStick you mean? Those things are rad. I always recommend them to first-timers. Such a great little battery.
ImageImage
ImageImage
NaranjaRa

Postby NaranjaRa » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:17 pm

do you guys steep your juice?

i've become familiar with how my shop mixes, so if i get one of my flavors and the color is crystal clear, i put it under a warm lamp of 24hrs and it's perfect.
i've tried warm water bath but i'm lazy and hate coming back over & over to empty and refill from the room-temp to warm again.

how do you guys steep if you do?
Hoshiko
the unproven

Postby Hoshiko » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:52 pm

NaranjaRa wrote:omg i will take any and all suggestions for places to buy hardware. i've bought a couple of things from ebay, but i'm scared to try and get anything truly $$$ as the Chinese bootlegs flood that place HARD. and it's gross. :|

and i also 3rd not buying hardware at your local shop unless you're in a jam. and definitely not coils. price-gouge central....man.

wakeandvape.com is my goto shop for hardware, sales are often and the best prices I've personally found. Got my Sigelei X-tank and Fuchai 200watt box mod for 70$ shipped in febuary.
[url]Twitter.com/WickedPill[/url]
[url]Alysarii.com[/url]
[url]Hitbox.tv/VStar[/url]

Gamer - Streamer - Journalist - Bass head - Modded
Zansi'Vara

Postby Zansi'Vara » Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:16 pm

I have never steeped my own juice, but my roommate and I are about to start making our own juices, so I'd love to learn your experiences. :D
ImageImage
ImageImage
Shumaza
ninja with training wheels

Postby Shumaza » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:14 pm

I have a sigelie 150 with a velocity RDA on top.
I vape at 6NIC and normally around 40watts with a simple duel 6wrap of 24 gauge kanthal wife to save on money from burning up juice.

MAK
grasshopper

Postby MAK » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:44 pm

No one really broke this down for me. Is this like a healthier way of smoking or some shit?
<3

Return to “Lifestyles General”